• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you prefer: Solgaleo or Lunala?

Solgaleo or Lunala?

• Solgaleo

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Lunala

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • solgaleo.gif
    lunala.gif

Which of these two mascot legendary designs do you like more? Did they influence your decision on which version you bought? Which do you feel is more viable in battle? Discuss!

Years
  • Lunala is my fave of the two legendaries, and did influence the version I chose which was Moon. Also I think Lunala has the best competitive potential because while its only weaknesses are both 4x, it does have an ability that functions like Multiscale to make up for it.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Personally I cannot choose but I will say, Solgaleo.
    I bought Moon because I prefers buying the "blue" version of the pair.
    But going through the game, I think the name "Nebby" suited Lunala more and I think I would weird out if Lillie called Solgaleo... Nebby in the game.
    Normalium Z Splash Solgaleo though.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I like both, but Solgaleo is a beast. I love his design, looking like a phenomenal lion, he got my attention quick. However, Lunala is gorgeous as well.

Years
  • Lunala is by far my favorite legendary
    i also like Solgaleo
    But there is something about Lunala that feels more special
    I just love it's design
    Lunala Is the reason to
    why i decided to buy
    Pokemon Moon in the first place If it wasn't for Him i would've probably bought Sun instead so he effected me a lot when it came to Sun and Moon.

Last edited:

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Solgaleo all the way, I love felines so having a Lion as a box legendary is the best. I preordered Sun originally as soon as they were shown, and I am really glad I did, hearing his roar every time I start the game is awesome!
    I think Lunala also has a great design, but as I said in another thread I really dislike Y-shapes, I like how she looks, but the Y-shapes body still kinda bothers me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Can't go wrong with a majestic lion, really. Adorable and fearsome. Like me! *mer-ow*

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Solgaleo easily, love all cats so having one as a legendary and on the box art made it so much better for me.
    White lions are rare so Solgaleo being mostly white makes it even better.

Years
  • No comments about battling since I haven't gotten that far yet to try either out, but definitely Lunala. Always thought that one was the better-looking of the two, and yes, that being in Moon was part of the reason I ended up picking that version between the two. Not the ultimate deciding factor, strangely enough, but still a rather big factor in my decision.

Years
  • I haven't gotten to the point in the game where you catch them yet, but Lunala has always been my favorite of the two. I absolutely love the design, and because of that I started Moon first!

Years
  • Lunala for sure! I do like solgaleo too, but Lunala was the main reason I buy Moon over sun! (even though i feel like maybe buying sun to make a second game i guess? haha)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    I went with Solgaleo, and yes, it was one of the major deciding factors for me in choosing Sun over Moon, which I initially wasn't going to do.

Lunala has such a bland, uncreative design to me. It looks like a star-filled fanmade Mega Noivern or something...not particularly inspiring.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I am suprise to see Solgaleo in the lead! I choose him too, I prefer it than Lunaala, but I do like both of them. Not my favorite Lengends but not the worst too!

Years
  • I actually prefer Solgaleo but because of my love of the moon (and the word Luna), I chose to buy Moon :3

Years
  • Lunala it's prettier and solgaleo the black bits make it look odd rather than powerful and the evolution from cosmog doesn't feel as natural as it does for lunala.

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
  • Lunala is much better design wise and I love the typing on that one too. However I rarely use legendaries and can't stand Lycanroc midnight form, so I had to go with Sun version. Which I guess is okay, since this ended up being the Vulpix/Ninetales game, too. But yeah, I definitely like Lunala better, though I haven't gottwn far enough in to catch Solgaleo yet. I hope to buy a copy of Moon at some point too, but we'll see if that becomes possible.

Back