• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you think is Ash's best rival?

d4rkpnio

Blaziken Trainer
Years
  • Gary Oak, man. Gary MFing Oak. :P

Though I like Trip/Shooti a lot better so far. He can definitely make Ash pretty mad when it comes to battling.

Pokemon♥girl

ah AM a big pony...
    Years
  • i would have to say Paul or Trip.

dude have you noticed those guys are almost exactly alike!?!? as far as personality and getting ash mad!? XD

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Gary of course! He has been Ash's greatest enemy since the start. Paul and Trip were close but Gary wins hands down.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think Paul, I watched most DP episodes and his personality makes him unique, almost like Silver in the games.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I liked both Gary and Paul as rivals. They built up the rivalry with Paul much better, though. All they did with Gary most of the time was show him for about 5 seconds, have him insult Ash, then leave @~@

Chu

Chu 4ever
    Years
  • It has to be Gary because Ash lost so many times and Gary never was truly beaten.

Gary was the best he stomped on Ash's ego, and beat him battle to back it up, and he was never truly defeated.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The rivalry between Ash and Gary was much better then Paul rivalry with Ash.Paul was ok as a rival but he wasn't as good as Gary.

I am amazed at how often you post your opinions as facts. Care to expand, rather than constantly tell people your opinion differs?

Bonechill

Ghost Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    Gary Oak of course, he's was the best rival and in the game he even became champion

Johnster

Losing is not an option
    Years
  • Definitely Gary Oak,

heck he's my favorite Trainer in the whole Pokemon series.
    The way he trains his Pokemon and the strategies he uses, kicks ass.
    But Paul comes 2nd, Gary and Paul are alike. The way they use their Pokemons are similar

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't know were you coming off to saying i am harassing people in this thread which is something you would do.
    I haven't seen Jorah harassing anyone. xD

If i said Gary is more better then he is more better.
    You keep going on about how you don't state your opinions as facts, well this is the perfect example.

What Jorah is trying to tell you is to back up your opinions. You seem to just keep posting in various threads across this section saying the same thing, over and over again without saying why you think so. It honestly doesn't contribute to the topic, and really should be considered spam.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • For me I liked Paul better. He might of been a complete ass to everything and everyone but that IMO is what made him better compared to Gary. I liked Gary at the start of the show because he was an ass but then he started to get kinda nice. \; idk maybe i like people who are an ass to ash. o3o

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Please don't argue on the thread, if there is a problem, please send a report D:

Also, in general (although I'm looking at a certain person), posting the same exact line a hundred times in a single thread won't really help you make it clear or anything. Once is enough unless you want to expand it- more than an extra couple of words, anyway.

Back