• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

who do you think is the best starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • For me, its a tie between chimchar and charmander. Thats cause their final forms are versatile and powerful. Besides they look so cool:)

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    Does haxxorz count? I used to hack my copy of Gold so that I would start with my Gastly =D

Otherwise, the only starter that I ever really liked was Charmander. I used Totodile in Gold, but until gen IV he's been pretty useless.

Years
  • Does haxxorz count? I used to hack my copy of Gold so that I would start with my Gastly =D

Otherwise, the only starter that I ever really liked was Charmander. I used Totodile in Gold, but until gen IV he's been pretty useless.

but the bad thing about charmander is his 4x weakness against rock type in his final stage. LoL gastly

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    Everything has it's weaknesses. True, Rock-type attacks are more prominent now, but I still don't think that it makes Charizard a bad 'mon. I mean, my Weavile gets dropped if Hulk Hogan even looks at him wrong, and a Metapod could take down my Cacturne, but that doesn't stop me from using them.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • For me it's too hard to just pick one or two, so I'll pick 8 haha
    - Charmander
    - Cyndaquil
    - Bulbasaur
    - Totodile
    - Squirtle
    - Turtwig
    - Chikorita
    - Chimchar

In that order. I like Sceptile aswell but not Treecko.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Mudkip; it's a meme and its final form is miles ahead of the other final forms with the exception of Infernape.

EDIT: I like the post after mine. Thus,

In terms of usefulness:
    Spoiler:

In terms of favorites:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Favorite Starter(s)

I'll give you a list, from most favorite to least favorite:

Piplup-Most Favorite
    Squirtle
    Charmander
    Cyndaquil
    Turtwig
    Mudkip
    Chimchar
    Treecko
    Totodile
    Torchic
    Bulbasaur
    Chikorita-Least Favorite

Ayselipera

This is about the best starter not your favorite, right?

I think the best is Torchic. Once I evolved it into Blaziken I was able to beat just about anyone.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • My favorite has always been charmander. he was the only stater i used in red and blue. he is just awesome.
    wish you could start with an eevee though.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Hmm... Well, I think it also all depends on how you battle. So I would have to say it would be Chikorita, Torchic, and then Piplup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back