• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you think was the best Eilte Four?

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    I really liked the Johto four, but Sinnoh was pretty awesome. Hoenn was the first one I beat, so I gotta give that some mention too. :( I think, if I had to rank them:

1. Sinnoh
    2. Kanto (Nostalgia reasons + Blue was so hard for me)
    3. Johto (Not that hard, but I love Karen haha)
    4. Hoenn

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    The hardest Elite 4 for me was in Crystal and it was so annoying and hard, As I remember I think I never actually beat that elite 4.

I guess its because Meganium was my starter and the grass starters are the hardest and weakest pokemon to train. Before I got Crystal I beat the E4 in Silver with Feraligatr.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Kanto:
    Lorelei - Decent enough, but suffered for lack of Ice-types in the first Gen.
    Bruno - An absolute pushover. Two Onixes? Come on....
    Agatha - Pretty cool, interesting personality, but like Lorelei suffered for lack of her speciality type.
    Lance - Same as above, very few Dragon-types, but Lance is so cool that no-one cares.
    Blue - Best champion ever, I think. A tough team to beat, and of course a great character. I liked the Champion being some-one you had fought several times already, it gave the game a real climax.

Johto:
    Will - Interesting personality, fairly balanced team. Could have done with a Slowking and Espeon instead of Slowbro and the weaker Xatu. Would've made him more "Johto".
    Koga - Nice to see him again in a different role, but again, Scizor and Weezing should've replaced Forretress and Muk. They just seem to fit his personality better.
    Bruno - Again, a pushover. If he had had a Steelix, then he'd have been fine.
    Karen - Great personality, and very sexy to boot. Question - what was she doing with a Vileplume? Gengar as well is overused. Should've had a Sneasel and Tyranitar.
    Lance - Three underlevelled Dragonites - 'cos Lance is too cool for your rules!

Hoenn:
    Sidney - Completely forgettable personality-wise, but had a pretty good team.
    Phoebe - The opposite - Great personality, rubbish team. She should've had a Shedinja.
    Glacia - What were they thinking putting an Ice-type E4 member in a region with only two Ice-type families in the whole Pokedex? Rubbish on every level.
    Drake - Sorry mate, you're just not as cool as Lance, accept it.
    Steven - Liked him. Nowhere near as good as the other Champions, but OK nonetheless. His team was pretty good too, Metagross and Cradily were evil to my team.

Sinnoh: (Based on Platinum)
    Aaron - Nice to see an E4 Bug user, powerful Bug-types are awesome. Also, he has cool hair. I have nothing else to say.
    Bertha - Like Sidney, completely devoid of personality. She doesn't even tell us why she likes Ground-types. Still, she has a shiny Hippowdon, so she gets points for that.
    Flint - I'm saying nothing of his DP team, but his Platinum team was much better. Has a great personality, and even cooler hair than Aaron.
    Lucian - Very annoying. Bronzong is not only irritating but incredibly ugly. A decent challenge I guess.
    Cynthia - A good champion, her diverse team made for quite a challenge, and it was nice that she popped up several times before we battled her.

So to sum up, I don't know. Either Kanto or Sinnoh. Hoenn had the worst.

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
    Years
    Johtho imo, the first 3 made my pokemon weak the first time I got to them, but at karen with her gengar I was schocked; almost none attacks of my strongest pokemon did anything to gengar. took me a while to get past.

For me the originals come in in a close second

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    That is the Johto Guys . SInce always having a hard time to kick their annoying asses .
    Also , those Sinnoh Losers can get owned by a Lv. 51 Water Type Team . They Fail :0 .

Dark Shade

It's already too late...
    Years
    The Sinnoh league is amazing and Cynthia is too cool. But it was better in platinum cos in diamond the fire guy had like 2 fire types and a ghost, a rabbit and a giant metal snake!

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I'd say the Sinnoh E4 were the most fun to face because they were the toughest in the series by far. The teams were designed in really well, as they had defenses against their weaknesses (like giving Ice Fang, for example, to Aaron's Bug-Rock pokemon). For the first time in a Pokemon game, I actually had to think to beat my opponents.

After that, I would place the Hoen E4, Kanto E4, and Johto E4 in that order. Johto would have placed higher if I had taken the Champion music into consideration, but I don't consider the champion the part of the Elite Four.

gigapoodle

I'm Ron Burgundy?
    Years
    I really liked Bugsy and Cynthia from Sinnoh,

but I really hated Flint......

I also liked Hoenn's though, because they were all just so different...it was cool.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I kinda like all of them.
    But I like the Hoenn and Sinnoh a little more than the others because of their champs! XD

(Steven was a champ, who was always very cool! I really liked his battle sprite. Same goes for Cynthia! XD)

(In terms of toughness, however, Kanto and Sinnoh's elites PWNs the others.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    I'm really not sure who is the best because both Lance and Cynthia are the champs. But Lance, Lorelei, and Cynthia are my favs.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    i loved batteling against hoenns E4

for one they had their own epic elite 4 battle music which made the battle more interesting

Back