• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who else is giving/getting Pokemon X/Y for Christmas?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Getting my twin cousins X and Y (one gets X, one gets Y) so that they can trade and play together. Anyone expecting to get it for Christmas or planning on giving it to a family member/friend?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I am actually expecting to get X for Christmas (I already have Y). I'm really bummed out by Instacheck going down, but I still have a lot of stuff I need to do between both versions, so I'm still psyched. Plus I'm running a Nuzlocke on this run of X so it should be fun.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have Pokémon Y already, just like Flushed, so I'll most likely be getting X during Christmas-time. d: I won't get the physical copy, though. I'm going to have it downloaded onto my SD card. When I get a hold of this game and get it finished, I'd probably transfer everything (that are exclusive to it) to my Y version then restart the game.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'm not sure what I would even give out on Wonder Trade that is better than the Froakie breeding "rejects" (Timid/Protean) I'm already spitting out.... maybe a Pokemon that is green and red? Are there any?

LOL, maybe I should try to breed a shiny Abomasnow :)

EDIT: Oh, you mean actually buying the game.... I don't think anyone I know needs a copy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    I'm not sure what I would even give out on Wonder Trade that is better than the Froakie breeding "rejects" (Timid/Protean) I'm already spitting out.... maybe a Pokemon that is green and red? Are there any?

LOL, maybe I should try to breed a shiny Abomasnow :)

EDIT: Oh, you mean actually buying the game.... I don't think anyone I know needs a copy.
    for green and red, you can catch a bunch of red-striped basculin.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I bought X as a Christmas gift for myself. :3 I also bought another copy for my friend who lives in San Diego, that's gonna be his Christmas present. :D

Years
  • I bought y and already beat it but my wife is getting me x for Christmas . Woot!
    Now I'm going to start with some shinies.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Getting: I probably won't get any, I would love to (I already have X twice and Y twice) get many more copies of the game (I have at least 20 different teams in my mind).

In a way I won't get one for Christmas - makes me sad, I did get Pokemon Y for my birthday (two weeks ago).

Giving: No one in my family likes Pokemon - so I guess I wouldn't give X or Y to anyone, unless I could give a gift myself.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I probably won't get another copy of X/Y, as I think one is enough. However I'll buy the 3rd version/sequel/remake/whatever that comes out of this generation.

Kiddinq

The Pokemon Completionist.
    Years
  • I've spoiled myself with Pokemon Y and a 2DS for Christmas. Loving it so far!

Years
  • I got a Black 3DS XL for $149.99 from Target for Christmas and got Pokémon X as well. I am loving the graphics and just about everything else about the game! I need to make some in-game friends though.

Back