• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who else remembers when Pokemon first came to North American TV?

DaiLinn

Furry for Lucario
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Hah... I remember that well. T_T I remember getting out of school to see the first movie. That was like, the best thing ever at the time.

shadowking93

UnStupid
    Years
    ohh the memories. i still play the games(only my best friend knows, we battle all the time) i loved watching them at 7:00 am before school at kanto. the happiness it brought me!:D i watched every episode and i still do(not really, only Kanto) those were good movies and i watched them all. sadly, i grew up in an anti-pokemon children school.

so, thanks for letting me remember the good days and times. anybody like the magmar episode cause thats my fave!

Ashay

Faaaaaarfetch'd!
    Years
    When I was young it aired on Swedish TV at 7 am.
    I remember my brother waking me up each Saturday (thats the only day it aired, hooray no missed episodes!) saying ''Wake up, wake up, Pokemons starting!!''

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Like I said before 7 am upn. Also reading every post I discovered someone mention the mew card which no one can understand cause it is in ancient what ever and can't be used. I remember I told the kids in my old friends neighborhood that if you notice the symbols on the cards are different and if you all give them to me I can go to the museum and translate them. Oh the joy I had with 50 or so of those. Now that I look at them they do have different symbols 0_o

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    When i watched its first movie in theater, It was the day when i become great fan of pokemon.

urban_guerrilla

Two-tone Panther
    Years
    I remember when Pokemon first came to the UK. It was on SM:TV Live with Ant and Dec. You Americans really missed out...Ant and Dec dressed as Misty and Gary every Saturday and had hilarious "battles", they sang their own version of the Pokerap and did tons of random things. You have to see!

I remember it well, in those days I would generally sleep over every friday night with some friends of mine, and we would always be up at 9.25 every morning for SM:TV and Pokemon. I loved it.

...But am I not right in thinking that Pokemon aired on ITV separate from SM:TV originally? It was a long time ago so I could well be wrong... =/

Years
    The exact moment I started watching it was the first Episode when Misty was fishing at the pond/lake and then *tug tug* "wha?" BAM, freakin kid and this weird yellow thing in his arms and they're running from all these birds! GODDAMN, RUN KID RUN!

LOL!

I watched Pokemon on YTV when it came out. Great times~

I had to buy the first movie on video to see it, so I didn't get a Mew card. :(

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
    Years
    When i was little, my mom was a real... well bad person. But, she had custody of me and even though i wanted to stay with my grandma, who was and still is really nice to me, i had to leave with her for a week. When i got to where she wanted me to go, (tulsa, oklahoma), she told me that i couldnt go back to my grandmas house, and i was stuck in Tulsa. So, after alot of crying she took me to the store so i could "suck it up". I saw a Dragonball Z movie, and i wanted it, but it was over 30 bucks at the time. My mom though, said i could get a different movie. I saw a pokemon movie with clefairy on it, the mt moon one, and so i got it. I dont really remember why. When i was home i then watched the movie non stop until my grandma talked my mom back into letting me live with her again. Then i was already hooked. Oh man, those days of wanting to be a pokemon trainer and thinking how really cool it would be to have a pokemon in real life, that feeling you get when your a little kid ya know? Those where great. I watched as many episodes as i could on UPN, and i caught every episode in the first season. Even the tentacool one, i bought the movie and watched it. I had no idea they were going to pull it, though.

So yeah, a bad thing lead to a good thing. This all happened when i was around 2nd grade. Really fun times, wish i could go back to them.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    I remember getting up early in the morning to catch the show. I tried to watch every episode, but stopped after we moved across the country. I even recorded what episodes I watched onto paper for reference. Those were epic days. They don't make good anime/cartoons like these anymore, I tell ya it's a shame.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    People keep saying it was on UPN, what was that station? I remember watching it on a diff. channel than WB kids or CN. But oh my god, the very first thing was "Pokemon Pikachu!" with the little commercial jingle and how you shook it to give him electric experience points or something. I used to jump on my bed when that music came on.

Then I got red version and started watching the show and I remember being freaked out when they almost drowned on the St. Anne.

Back