• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Else Thinks That Pokemon Anime Sucks

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    I know i'm gonna get a lot of bad feedback for this but i hate the show
    for one thing pikachu is his strongest pokemon when he has a charizard and snorlax etc.
    its also very corny
    but hey thats just my opinion PLEASE POST A REPLY IF U AGREE WITH ME OR NOT!

Years
  • Wouldn't it be great if you can put those images in your sig? It would make your posts less amateur looking. >>

Anyway, when I was a kid, I loved the shows and didn't dare miss an episode. But then it got to the point where the episodes started to become formulaic and I kinda got bored after a while and probably grew up and the anime didn't interest me anymore. It's not really as horrible as the Johto Arc but it's not really an anime that I'll put my attention to.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    The anime is good! I take it you watch the dub. The anime may not be all that great but it is not bad at all and it is still a part of pokemon.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Eh? I'm still at a loss to understand why people post about hating something in a forum that is for people who like it. I mean... what do you expect? Everyone to flock to you and say "OMG! You're right!! I'm such an idiot for watching the show!!!"? >_> Please.

Anyway, I like the show. Pikachu is powerful because of his strong bond with Ash, and also because he is the most experienced and trained of Ash's pokemon. Charizard is also pretty powerful, but he was bunk compared to the other Charizard at the Charicific (sp?) Valley, and thus stayed to make himself the most powerful Charizard. And why on Earth is Snorlax one of his most powerful pokemon? Because he knows Hyper Beam?? That may be shown off as a 'powerful attack' in the anime, but Snorlax doesn't have nearly as much experience.

As for it being corny, I'd have to agree w/ you there. Sometimes it can get quite silly in the dialouge. But, it is a kid's show, and you'd be hard-pressed to find many children's shows that aren't just a little corny.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Eh? I'm still at a loss to understand why people post about hating something in a forum that is for people who like it. I mean... what do you expect? Everyone to flock to you and say "OMG! You're right!! I'm such an idiot for watching the show!!!"? >_> Please.
    Actually it's possible to despise the anime but to be a huge fanatic of the games, manga or tradingcard game. And some people here have grown out of Pokemon completely but stay here because all their friends are here.

I honestly think the anime isn't nearly as great as it used to be. Back when 4kids had less influence, when there was more Japanese culture (from big things like the princess festival to small things like funky expressions). The original three had a perfect chemistry going. Brock was the oldest one, he made the meals, was mildly interested in girls and knew how to read a map. There to make sure his flirting didn't get too crazy was the responsible, also pretty mature and smart Misty who wasn't afraid to use her mallet if any of her friends reacted. Then there was Ash. He was dumb, naive and was usually the victim of Misty's mallet. No one was too cliche and really, the chemistry may have gotten less noticable in Johto but believe me it was there.

Now having May with her contests, Max being the guide person and Brock being ridiculously girlcrazy, the anime is less appealing. With Team Rocket, James' flamboyancy was stolen by Harley and his rose stolen by Drew. I find May annoying, impatience with Max, Brock annoying and Ash a goody two shoes
    The anime hasn't been doing good lately. Hopefully Hikari will straighten things up with her new saga.

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    i mean i liked the original pokemon show up to the oranged league and some of the johto saga
    but now it does just suck
    but don't i sort of have a point i mean come on if pokemon were real and u and your friend were betting on a pokemon match and it was Pikachuvs.Charizard who would u pick?

okay light azumarril u have a point with the bond with ash thing but what about his bayleef or his bulbasaur ( does he still have that thing) but come on u have to admit bayleef is more powerful and we all know it loves ash more than breathing
    so come on u know i have a point
    i mean if they made the show more like the manga it would be amazing
    and as for the kid show thing lots of shows are not corny take grim adventures of billy and mandy
    its just amazingly stupid ( but still i find it to be very funny)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Don't double post ^^

I agree with Light_Azumarill, why post a thread about hating the anime in the anime forum? So far I haven't seen anybody outright agree with you.

Anywho, remeber at the begning? Professor Oak said Pikachu was very special, then Ash loves it, and has a bond with it. Thats why its so strong.

Personally I love the anime dub ^^

And I just saw this- Ash has had Pikachu longer, and likes it more so, no, I don't think you have a point (personally)...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Ok. I tend to be a little bit delicate when talking about whether the Anime is good or bad. The reason for this is three-fold.

First of all, obviously, it's Anime. Anything Anime will have a fan base, no matter how repetitive or cliche it is. A perfect example: SD Gundam has its own fan sites. Me personally, I hate cliches, but love Anime. Now knowing this, you must realize how messed up my personality is. I mean, it's one thing to like cool music or heroes taking care of the MOTD/ROTD, but to like this and hate cliches at the same time... Yeah...

Secondly, and I know this is going to not make much sense to you younger kids out there. But, it is a well known fact that table-top rpg fans (especially people that play D&D) tend to like Pokemon. I mean, it (the Anime) was practically made for those type of people! Think about it! You have a group of characters, traveling from town to town, going on quests, through a fantasy setting, meeting and fighting strange creatures, discovering ancient and powerful artifacts, and sometimes even encountering god-like beings (many of whom, don't get along with each other)! It's the plot of just about every well known table-top RPG out there!

Finally, I am a dedicated fan of 80s cartoons. Now while that may not seem like much, Pokemon has more elements from that time than some of those shows had. You have the group of heroes who live in a magical land. They encounter the villains who are always up to no good. After figuring out the bad guys' plots, a climactic 2-minute battle takes place, where the heroes beat the villains and send them packing (blasting off). Afterwards, the plot of the episode is wrapped up and there is usually some kind of lesson learned, like you should stay away from Pikachu's electric cheeks, or how you shouldn't put mustard on the cat. I know! It sounds like the plot of He-Man! But this was the case 85 percent of the time! Occasionally, there'd be a special event that took precedence where the villains would play second fiddle. Then there were the 2-parters. But wait... Cartoons in the 80s had those too!

As far as whether I like or dislike the Anime... I honestly don't know... Usually what happens is I start getting irritated at its repetitiveness. But then something really cool happens, like MewTwo coming back and causing a pillar of light to erase Giovanni's memory and change his hair color slightly. Or one of the less important characters discovers that letting a Legendary Pokemon zap you will guarantee the two of you to be best buds for life. And that's the pattern. I'll start hating it, then the next cool thing will happen!

Last edited:

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    okay okay

god i expected to get bad feedback but this is ridiculous just kidding! everyone has there opinion and each and everyones opinion is important and i can understand for younger kids this can be the best show in the world but now i'm speaking to the people that have been watching the show since day 1 do u really think the show is as good as it was when it first came out? don't u think its sort of getting repetitive and annoying i have already explained that i like the original saga up to the orange league and some of the johto saga
    but do u think pokemon advanced and advanced battle is that good? come on u know i have a point there

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
  • I really do not like the new Anime.
    Ash just doesn't seem to have aged at ALL. He still is fooled by Team Rocket, freaks out like a little girl, and is weird.

Ya see, I started watching it when I was a kid, like tons of people.
    Wouldn't it have been great if Ash actually GREW UP with you? Instead- he's the same and you're older.

BUT! Don't get me wrong, the first season of "Pokemon" is a GREAT anime. People will deny this, but it is VERY TRUE. It's much more like all of the other animes, than it is now.
    It's weird, but I love the first season of "Pokemon". It's funny and witty and had a lot of heart.
    But (IN MY OPINION) not anymore... -_-

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I've gotta be honest
    The only reason I watch new episodes of the anime is because
    1 There might be a new attractive character
    2 old characters may return
    3 an episode with Drew/Harley (they're some of the only good characters anymore)
    4 just to see newly debutted Pokemon in animation

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    see some people agree with me anyways people post in my other threads
    they r :
    which do u think is better?
    Which is the stupidest pokemon
    THOSE R ALL THE NEW ONES FEEL FREE TO REPLY IN THE OLD ONES I HAVE

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Actually I love Advanced and Advanced Battle. But, there are some people who don't like it, I was wrong. I just think that you guys are missing out on an awesome experince...

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    Thank You Copy Cat

Thank You Copy Cat For Admiting That I Love The Old Anime Just Not The New Anime Of Pokemon
    I Love The Manga It Kicks @ss

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
  • Personally, I still love the anime even now, but I would be lying if I said the new pokemon could ever even begin to campare to how good and fun the origional Pokemon series was. The first seasonn was incredibally charming with its character interaction and gags, and culture stuff (like kimonos, summer/princess festivals, kids day, and hot springs.). Now all that old charm is gone. but I still like the show, for all the little gags and quirks it still has. I've been into the show since the early years it aired, got tired during jhoto, pause for a few years to watch other anime, and got back into Pokemon about a year ago watching the 7th movie. I've been into it since. Mostly for the little entertaining gags and cuteness (take that anyway you want, I don't care).

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I still watch pokemon, although it aint as exiting as it use to be. I probably watch every single episode of pokemon. Never missed an episode.

Years
  • Its sad that the producers got rid Misty and havent brought her back yet like they did with Brock in season 3

The only reason i watch the show is because i get a laugh out of May hesitating when she hasnt got the slightest clue as to what she gets herself into

To be honest i have lost a bit of interest in the show ever since Max tagged along with Ash,Brock and May because he hasnt got a pokemon nor is a trainer

But if we get rid of Max then May would leave or if we get rid of Max and bring Misty back right away then that would avoid the show loosing May

But hey this is just my opinion what im getting at is the chemistry is way out of wack like the gender majority as theres 3 boys and 1 girl

kiarou

cold and silent
    Years
  • i really dont like the tv show at all, its really cheesy, and the way they show it, how the pokemon are beating each other to a pulp and the trainers are just standing there smiling, they should make the trainers fight too...
    and how ash and co. havent aged at all, i mean its been like 5 yrs, ash should be rageing hormones by now(of coarse it IS a kids show) if they made a less kiddie version of it and more like most animes(blood, cursing, violence, nudity, etc.) and made the pokemon look a bit kooler and not so "cute" i bet alot more ppl would enjoy pokemon. but then u would get the hardcore pokemon fans who will hate the change or w/e, so yea, i dont like the anime so much, i do enjoy the manga, b/c the trainers are more involved in the battles.
    also what bugs me about the anime is everyones so darn nice! its like, "hi Mr. stranger, wanna come to my place and eat lunch!"
    the way the animators portray team rocket buggs me too, they make them seem so retarded and not cruel and evil, they even ruin giovanni's image.
    the lack of plot is a biggie! its annoys me how all they do is walk around, and events "just so happen" to be going on at the same time,
    also how ash and co are so nosey, like one time when TRwere catching voltorb in herds, and ash+co. said it was wrong and stopped them, i mean common! ash caught tarous in herds, he should be beating up himself.
    but omg, i could go on forever about how messed up the anime is, i havent even gotten to jessie and james yet...

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Crystal Clair said:
    Actually it's possible to despise the anime but to be a huge fanatic of the games, manga or tradingcard game. And some people here have grown out of Pokemon completely but stay here because all their friends are here.

Ah, my apologies CC, I meant to specify that it's silly to post an "I hate the anime!" thread in a sub-forum that is meant for fans of the anime. ^^; Should have made that clearer. I know lots of people that only come here to talk of the games, and some that only participate in RPs, but they never make threads like this. ^-^

As for Ash's bonds with Bulbasaur and Bayleef... you've got a point, but it's still not the same as his bond with Pikachu. IMO, Bayleef is pretty close though. She and Charizard are probably the closest to him aside from the electric mouse.

As for my opinion of the anime (I didn't really say it earlier ^^;), I am okay with it. It's not the best thing out there by far, but I still enjoy watching it. Some episodes are just blah... but others are really awesome. I adore the contest epsiodes, and the interactions between May, Drew, and Harley are always fun to watch. Ash's battles, for the mostpart, are still fun to watch as well.

One thing that has disappointed me for a while has been the role of TR. They're such awesome characters, and yet they're always such a joke. I'd really like them to get some more decent screentime.

I also wish they would give the pokemon more time to show off their personalities. Usually the only time we get to see interaction between them is when they're playing or eating, and it's hard to get some pokemon development when they're stuffing their faces or rolling around like puppies. XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Light Azumarill said:
    Pikachu is powerful because of his strong bond with Ash, and also because he is the most experienced and trained of Ash's pokemon.

... Thank you. For some reason alot of people don't understand that about Pikachu... >>

Anyhoo, I don't think it sucks at all. Sure its aimed at a young audience, but I don't think its bad. Its cute, and it still interests me. Theres many reasons for that, one being that I've watched it for so many years, and so I don't plan to stop watching it til it ends. x3
    I also like the characters, and I like to see episodes where you learn more about them, and their relationships develope and so on.... Thats more interesting then the battles, to me anyway. ^^;;

I'll shut up now... xD with my answering being:
    Nope, it doesn't suck IMO. I love it.

Back