• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who gives the other version away?

Green20

Nomad
Years
  • I see this in a lot of threads, and I do this too. I gave all the other versions I didn't want to my lil bro. And now I'm gonna buy SS for me and give HG to him.

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
  • I sell my old pokemon games to family members so I can get the money for the lastest versions. If that counts anyway.

Years
  • i remember doing that for firered and leafgreen,i got both for my birthday and i gave firered to my best friend so we'd be able to trade n stuff

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I had 3 copies of Gold and 2 copies of Crystal, so I gave one of each to my ex. lol. He enjoyed them a lot, of course.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • I loose all mine.

I had almost every game except pokemon blue, crystal and gold. ( and diamond and platinum)

Can't find any of theme xcept yellow sapphire and pearl.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Since this isn't really HGSS specific given some posts and doesn't have to be either - it can apply to other gens - I've moved the thread here.

I'm actually probably going to do this actually with HG and my sister...

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I gave Blue away to my cousin because he was into Pokemon at the time. After about a month, he sold it to one of his cousins, lol.

My brother is into Pokemon, so I would buy him Heart Gold so that we could trade and everything. The only problem is, he doesn't have a DS and tries to act like he doesn't like Pokemon.

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
    Years
  • When I met my best friend about 5 years ago, I gave him my spare GBA and my Ruby version. After that I donated him my DS after I got a lite. Finally, he's buying his own things!

Kiri Berry

Berry Master
    Years
  • Me and my best friend get the opposite versions of the games so we can trade with someone and not have to buy both games. I had diamond she had pearl, I'm gonna get Heart Gold she is gonna get Soul Silver. That's how we have always done it. Ever since we have known each other anyway...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • When HG/SS come out, it'll be me who will be on the receiving end, actually. My brother plans to get both games but he's said he'll let me play SS.

Up till now my brother and I usually bought complementary versions (I bought Blue, he bought Red and so on) so we haven't had to give away our games to each other.

We did give away Stadium 1 & 2 when we gave our N64 to a relative, though.

Years
  • I gave my game boy colour and a copy of Pokémon Red to a good friend of mine. He then bought his own GBA and Pokémon Sapphire, when the gen 3 games came out. He also gave me aforementioned Game Boy and Pokémon cartridge back :D

Until my sister overwrote the data (curse her!) I kept my friend's save file on there, and played as that character.

Back