• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who got tricked by a Pokékid?

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    Who got tricked by a few kids dressed as Pokémon? I saw this little Pikachu, alone on a bridge on my way to Solaceon Town. I felt real sympathy for it, so went up to, it saying: "Hi there, little Pikachu, are you lost?" and when I spoke to it, he cried out: "Hi, I'm a Pokémon! Let's battle!" Who's ever had that done to them?
    LOL that happend to me allot in pearl
    anyone remember the trainers hideing behind the
    fake trees in saphire neer fortree city

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    STORY ALERT

It was a wonderful day. Sunny skies, clear blue water, an array of trainers young and old out for a stroll and the occasional battle with their pirzed Pokemon. I was walking through the reformed wilds on the outskirts of Hearthome City. I walked and battled a few trainers. Nothing special, just like every other day.

And then, I saw a Pikachu. I saw a cute, little, yellow Pikachu. I had known that Pikachu were not native to this area. I stopped and asked myself, "Wait, who's cute Pikachu could that be? Surely someone must be missing it." I walked over to it, and it was calm and did not seem frightened. It did not run away or attack me, so assumed it must have belonged to a trainer and was used to being around people.

I spoke to it, trying to keep it from finding me a threat. It turned to me, I noticed it seemed alert and pleased with itself. It opened it mouth and I expected it to utter it's name in a feeble attempt to communicate with me.

To my surprise, however, it spoke words. The Pikachu spoke human words in perfect english. It sounded like a human child as it said something along the lines of, "I'm a Pokemon!"

I heard music start to play. Music that I was all too familliar with. I heard music that signalled the start of a trainer battle. Could this Pikachu be its own trainer? No, impossible. That just couldn't be!

My vision began to fade. My world went black. Then, LIGHT! I got a closer, more clear look at this peculiar Pikachu's face. I noticed that I had been tricked, by a young child dressed as a Pokemon. I , the one trainer who was destined to save this entire region, had been unwillingly roped into a battle at the hands of a mere child!

I felt so foolish for falling into this simple trap. How had I not known beforehand? Surely there must have been some kind of feature I overlooked in the confusion. A sign that could have distinguished this child from a genuine Pokemon. Even now, I fail to remeber such a sign.

Ever since that humiliating event, I have been unable to approach a lone Pokemon. I am just too cautious, too afraid of what I may find. When I think of all the Pokemon encounters that I have missed out on due to that crafty child, I cry a little inside.

I curse that child. My life had been ruined, ruined by a child who only wanted a battle. Thinking back, I regret that I had to defeat the child's Pokemon in such a one-sided fight. I had not thought of restraint at the time, I was blined by rage. Thinking of what could have been, if it had only been a Pikachu.

Pokeplup

The Techno Turtwig
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    I've Been Tricked By Him Once. But In Platinum But Still Battled Him.

Years
    Oh my goodness! That totally happened to me as well the first time I played Diamond! I had no idea that it was a trainer. I thought someone lost their Pokemon (Keira had just had her Buneary run away when I reached Hearthome, but I stopped it.) I thought the Pikachu belonged to someone. Then, I spoke to it and it talked back. Before I knew it, I was in a battle. My Pokemon were weak. I should have went to a Pokemon center. I shut off my game, healed my Pokemon and went back to battle the Pokekid. (I never want to lose to a trainer/pokemon in a game.) I just have to shut off my game when I lose. Then turn it back on until I win.

Ayselipera

Just that kid in that house near Sunyshore that has a house full of pikachu.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I was wondering how could there be a Pikachu on a bridge? (you know the Route right of Hearthome)
    Well, obviously I talk to it... T.T

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Yeah I saw one and talked to it hoping to catch it.
    I was like ZOMGWTF NO EVENT PIKACHOO?

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Who got tricked by a few kids dressed as Pokémon? I saw this little Pikachu, alone on a bridge on my way to Solaceon Town. I felt real sympathy for it, so went up to, it saying: "Hi there, little Pikachu, are you lost?" and when I spoke to it, he cried out: "Hi, I'm a Pokémon! Let's battle!" Who's ever had that done to them?

Yes, that exact thing happened to me. XD

I was like "B-battle?! You have Pokémon?" until I figured it out as the battle started.

Years
    I didn't use the booklet for the game. My brother hogged it. He didn't let me use it until after I beat the game. I assumed there would have actually been an overworld sprite of a Pikachu with a human face when I saw the sprite of her on spriters-resource. I didn't think she would actually be a Pikachu. I got tricked only that one time on the route to Solaceon. After that, never again.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I got tricked the first time I played Diamond but it's been pretty obvious ever since.

Back