• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who has played a DS Pokemon Game, then completed afterwards GBC game?

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
  • I've tried doing it, I failed. I had finished Pokemon Black, then went to finish Pokemon Gold. So many useful features gone! -.- has anyone completed a pokemon gbc game in that order?

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I had restarted Emerald during my Diamond playthrough. When I finished Diamond I tried going back and playing Emerald. The game was so unattractive visually that I just stopped haha

Years
  • I've done this before and understand what your saying. After playing a game like Black with all updated graphics and stuff, it could be hard going back to the old games.

I usually play them anyway though. It shouldnt matter about graphics, a fun game is a fun game. Luckily, most of the pokemon games have been remade, so thats good lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Moving to PGC since it's kinda comparing between gens. I honestly have no problem switching between older and newer gens. Sometimes I get bored with White and seeing something like Gold is very refreshing and I can just play for hours. Graphics don't make a game. That's how I see it. So the older graphics don't deter me from playing the game, and if anything, they keep me coming back. They're very charming, as bad as they may seem now. This goes for more than just Pokemon honestly, but I'll stop myself before I ramble on too much haha.

The order I played the games isn't really off track though, other than skipping GSC because I didn't have a Game Boy. I bought Silver a while after Ruby and Sapphire's release, but still before FRLG's so...I didn't complete remakes before originals.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I guess after playing a game from like generation II and upwards, and then going back to generation I is annoying with the whole item system. I'm used to my items being put into certain compartments in the bag. But in Gen I it's annoying with the fact you can only have like 20-25 items? And also when you catch a Pokemon in Gen II+ it's immediately healed but in Gen I it stays in the same state when you caught it. And then there's the whole box switching thing. Don't get me started. ):

Years
  • Oh, I flip between them all the time.
    It depends on what I feel like doing at the time.
    Any generation. Whatever. Whenever. Play genIV one day and go genII the next? Sure. Be playing genIII, go to genV then play a genI? Okay.
    Though the bag limit in genI is a pain, especially because the key items...

Years
  • After being fuzzy memory-wise for awhile, my Crystal finally died in mid-2007. This was after I had gotten Pearl, but before I had gotten any of the other DS ones. Crystal is the only GBC game I've ever owned. Yes, the last time I played Crystal was after the first time I played Pearl, but I didn't complete Crystal in that small timeframe. So, no.

It does sound a little aggravating, though. I am continually frustrated while playing Yellow (which is for GB, not GBC) because of not being able to use the Bicycle, or use HM moves on objects, at the push of a single button. Watching the severely-dated graphics can also be a little cumbersome.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I've had no problems since I play Pokemon Crystal so much. I play the game from New Bark to Mt Silver like at least once a month. With all the features gone it just feels so natural to me and whenever I pick up the DS games they always feel so special since I never get use to the newer features except the new Item Finder/Dowsing Rod.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    I finished Pokemon Gold (DS) then went back and completed Pokemon Gold (GBC). It seemed to be so much more different, there's actually a lot you could compare between the 2 version of the same game.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I play in whatever order, usually. I can go from BW to Emerald to RBY to DPPt and not notice the differences as much. Yeah, it definitely has a little awkwardness to it, but all of the games are still fun, imo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2013
    I was playing White and SS on my DS then I played Yellow on my PC. All I have to say is, it's hard to understand how we lived with R/B/Y.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Well, the first gen i played was 4, after that i went to play through red, gosh, i found it ver hard! I dont mind the graphics of the games (ok yes i do mind abit) but the black and white colours is what kills it for me :( I know they have been remade but im too lazy to find one. But is still enjoy all main series pokemon games better than any other series! :D

Back