• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is Ash's Father?

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
Me and a friend from high school used say it was Professor Oak. Because my friend even had a whole story on this. To be honest I thought Ash's dad died or something.

Seventh Sea

Plesiosaur Fanatic
Years
Isn't it blatantly obvious?
Who appears in every episode?
Who knows everything about Ash and his adventures?
Who knows enough about the pokemon world to have been a hardcore adventurer?

CLEARLY Ash's father is the narrator.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
When I was a teeny-bopper I just assumed Professor Oak was secretly his Dad. Now, it wouldn't make much sense to me. Then I thought he probably died or is just some boss in some distant country. I'm just going to assume Giovanni is Satoshi's Dad now. But for the WTFs I wonder if maybe it's Butch or James. Awkward.:cer_confused:

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Here's my theory:
Ash's father went on a Pokemon journey, but failed at some point. Devastated, he went home, but couldn't live with himself. He felt ashamed that he failed his family and that he didn't spend more time with his sons instead of going out on his own. Yes, SONS. The marriage collapsed, they divorced when the boys were 5, and he took one with him. That left Delia with Ash. His father changed his name and never saw Ash or Delia again, and never told his son about Ash, and at some point both sons forgot about each other. Who's the twin brother you ask? Richie of course.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 6, 2012
for all of saying its lance, get real Lance is the same age as Misty's sisters, and ferther more ever cosidering his dad being the prof. that wrote those momentons in the mantion in the first game on Sinabar Island.

BTW I'm Chili! My sisters are the other two.

Last edited:

ReleaseYourPokemon

Pokemon Liberater
Years
Maybe Brock is his real dad... weird theory, but he could be. Maybe that's why Brock has always traveled with him up until Unova and not counting the Tracey seasons.

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
I always liked the Idea that Silver was his father, (The Anime Character not the Game) and that Ash and Richie are indeed related somehow. But maybe thats just me.

Years
I believe that Ash's dad is the Pokemon master and one day he will have to battle him without knowing and that will mark the end of the anime, that day may never come who knows?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
The Narrator??? If Ash's father is the narrator then the last episode will be really epic. It is really true...the narrator does seem to know a lot about Pokemon. But i guess that's the narrator's job and i think this is highly impossible.
One last thing. It really is surprising that Ash never really asked who his father is or never had any thoughts about him.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
These are all good theories but honestly I have no clue and I don't think the narrator will reveal him anytime soon. Delia may be both lol just like Cartman's mom in south park haha, but I doubt it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
These are all good theories but honestly I have no clue and I don't think the narrator will reveal him anytime soon. Delia may be both lol just like Cartman's mom in south park haha, but I doubt it.

You do realize that Cartman's mom is no longer that, right? It's been revealed for some time now that Cartman's father is actually the guy he made into Chili in revenge for that other kid's actions.

Back