• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is that Dragon Pokemon that "terrorized" Blackthorn City a long time ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

The Reliable
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    It could have been an Aerodaptyl. I don't know how to spell it.

Mitch

The Reliable
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    LOLZ! It's spelled as "Aerodactyl". Hmmmm...could be, considering that it's an ancient Pokemon. Does it's tooth look like the one described in that episode though?

I know it's one of the nasty Pokemon that attacks people

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I thought Aerodactyl lived when no humans were around. ._. Somewhat like the Dinosaurs.
    Who is that Dragon Pokemon that "terrorized" Blackthorn City a long time ago?

Cerisse

Trainer and Anime Fangirl!
    Years
    Ancient Meanie...

I thought Aerodactyl lived when no humans were around. ._. Somewhat like the Dinosaurs.

I thought that too. But, that can't be because an Aerodactyl and a Kabutops were used by some evil trainer to attack a certain town that Latios and Latias protected in the movie Pokemon Heroes. But, maybe the trainer revived it from ancient amber or something like that. And that's a cute Pichu you got there! Hehe!

Hmmmm...an Aerodactyl is quite rabid and would have the ability to terorrize a City. And the tooth has a similarity to the dragon fang description seen in the episode. But...does the typing say it's a Dragon type?

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    it is most likely a Gyarados. It could also be rayquaza, or maybe it just hasn't been discovered yet

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I thought that too. But, that can't be because an Aerodactyl and a Kabutops were used by some evil trainer to attack a certain town that Latios and Latias protected in the movie Pokemon Heroes. But, maybe the trainer revived it from ancient amber or something like that. And that's a cute Pichu you got there! Hehe!

Hmmmm...an Aerodactyl is quite rabid and would have the ability to terorrize a City. And the tooth has a similarity to the dragon fang description seen in the episode. But...does the typing say it's a Dragon type?

I thought that the Aerodactyl and Kabutops trainer story was dub added to replace the old backstory they inexplicitly cut involving the old couple discovering two kids who were the Lati@s ?

In any case, I'm pretty sure that it might have been a Rayquaza, a Gyarados, a Salamance, or an Aerodactyl. In regards to Rayquaza being nulled because a human couldn't defeat a Legendary, If Team Rocket was able to capture Rayquaza in the beginning of the Manaphy movie, a human can most CERTAINLY defeat Rayquaza. Besides, I don't think the person killed the pokemon since apparantly, people in Pokeria seem to look down on a person who kills a pokemon, even if it IS out of self defense.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    No, Rayquaza is very nice Pokemon. After all, he is protecting the earth, so we should be very thankful. xD
    I'm still going with the Gyarados. Since we don't know if the Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon live(d) in Jotho.

Years
    Ok...so the best guess so far is a Gyarados, an Aerodactyl, a Salamence or a Rayquaza. But, how about a Charizard or a Garchomp? And, Rayquaza isn't a bad Pokemon right? :paranoid:

I dont think it was Garchomp.Chances are that It was just a Gyarados.Its one of the only pokemon that seems that it will attack without reason.It does attack sailors so its most thats most likely what it is.We wont know why it attacked,but it was probably a Gyarados.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2009
    I'm starting a new theory, thinkin' it's just not even a Pokémon.
    I think that's it is just some Dragon.... No Pokémon...

Years
    I'm starting a new theory, thinkin' it's just not even a Pokémon.
    I think that's it is just some Dragon.... No Pokémon...

That would be good,if the show gave us any indication of real animals living alongside the pokemon.But there isnt any.All the puns and jokes that usually have animals in it are now pokemon.Like.."silent as a mouse" is changed t "silent as a meowth"They call it a Pokemon world for a reason.So the dragon WAS a pokemon...we just dont know which one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2009
    I heard that in the first episode, creatures were swimmin' in the water which weren't Pokémon...

Years
    I heard that in the first episode, creatures were swimmin' in the water which weren't Pokémon...

Even so,where are the cats? the dogs?..they show Ash and Co. eating meat..Does that meat come from a pokemon or an actually animal like a cow or pig?If it does,then where are the cows and pigs?If there were any real animals they would have been shown in more than just one episode.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Even so,where are the cats? the dogs?..they show Ash and Co. eating meat..Does that meat come from a pokemon or an actually animal like a cow or pig?If it does,then where are the cows and pigs?If there were any real animals they would have been shown in more than just one episode.

There was an Animanga scan showing some sort of Japanese-esque festival with Misty, Ash, and Brock in those Kimonos and it also had a dog on there. I'd post it, but unfortunately, BMGf is currently experiencing technical difficulties so I can't.

For other examples, Misty mentioned "Bottom-feeders" such as catfish in an Orange Island episode.

Lion tamers were referenced in the A.J. episode.

Pidgeotto was seen eating a worm at one point of the show.

in the 9th Pokemon movie, there were several shots of coral reefs (yes, coral do count as animals, because the taxonomy of biological animals listed them as such)

A starfish was seen as well, if I recall correctly.

Gastly transformed into a Mongoose at one point.

I think there was a stall of freshly caught fish in the Beauty and the Beach episode

There was a Lobster on the St. Anne

the swimming fish scene was both in Pokemon Shipwreck and Waterflowers of Cerulean City.

and possibly more examples thant I can't think of right now. Plus, in the Japanese version, they still keep cricket/cicada sound effects even when they can just as easily change them to their pokemon counter parts.

also, Rayquaza DID kinda place an entire city with innocent bystanders in grave danger when it was trying to fight deoxys.

also, considering how a Wailmer was seen in Johto, the Keckleon bros. appearances in Johto, and Latia and Latios being protectors of a Johto territory known as Alto Mare (Not to mention that the 9th movie was near Johto if the official maps mean anything), I'd say that it's extremely likely that the 3rd gen pokemon (maybe even 4th gen pokemon, if Pokemon such as Buizel, Mantyke, and Manaphy mean anything.) are ALSO native to Johto.

Years
    There was an Animanga scan showing some sort of Japanese-esque festival with Misty, Ash, and Brock in those Kimonos and it also had a dog on there. I'd post it, but unfortunately, BMGf is currently experiencing technical difficulties so I can't.

For other examples, Misty mentioned "Bottom-feeders" such as catfish in an Orange Island episode.

Lion tamers were referenced in the A.J. episode.

Pidgeotto was seen eating a worm at one point of the show.

in the 9th Pokemon movie, there were several shots of coral reefs (yes, coral do count as animals, because the taxonomy of biological animals listed them as such)

A starfish was seen as well, if I recall correctly.

Gastly transformed into a Mongoose at one point.

I think there was a stall of freshly caught fish in the Beauty and the Beach episode

There was a Lobster on the St. Anne

the swimming fish scene was both in Pokemon Shipwreck and Waterflowers of Cerulean City.

and possibly more examples thant I can't think of right now. Plus, in the Japanese version, they still keep cricket/cicada sound effects even when they can just as easily change them to their pokemon counter parts.

also, Rayquaza DID kinda place an entire city with innocent bystanders in grave danger when it was trying to fight deoxys.

also, considering how a Wailmer was seen in Johto, the Keckleon bros. appearances in Johto, and Latia and Latios being protectors of a Johto territory known as Alto Mare (Not to mention that the 9th movie was near Johto if the official maps mean anything), I'd say that it's extremely likely that the 3rd gen pokemon (maybe even 4th gen pokemon, if Pokemon such as Buizel, Mantyke, and Manaphy mean anything.) are ALSO native to Johto.

Thats all well and good,but most of the reall animals they show are only fish.They said something about a lion tamer,where are the lions?If there are any real animals than why dont we see them living alongside pokemon.Maybe seeing a hawk and a fearow fighting in the sky....or give some notion that there are real animals and not just fish that live in the world of pokemon.the people only have pokemon as pets...like dogs.They'll like a snubull or and eevee.But where are the real dogs.

Years
    It might have been just a dragon but why would they (the Blacthorn City peepz) call it an "unkown dragon pokemon"?

Becuase it WAS a pokemon.There are no real animals in the show besides fish.If there were..then we would see them everywhere,but we dont.So the dragon that attacked was a pokemon but we just dont know which one it was.Like we've said,chances are it was a pissed off gyarados.

Cerisse

Trainer and Anime Fangirl!
    Years
    Ok...

Alrighty then, other than a Gyarados what other Dragon Pokemon could have terorrized Blackthorn City?

And by the way, when you say "terorrized", it means that it had to do a lot of terorrizing...which couldn't be accomplished by just one major rage anger attack. Afterall, terorrizing and attacking are different.

Alrighty then, other than a Gyarados what other Dragon Pokemon could have terorrized Blackthorn City?

And by the way, when you say "terorrized", it means that it had to do a lot of terorrizing...which couldn't be accomplished by just one major rage anger attack. Afterall, terorrizing and attacking are different.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back