• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who is the defining Gen 6 Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Who do you consider to be the defining Gen 6 Pokemon? I'd say Greninja!

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I also have to say it's Greninja. It was the most popular starter, represented gen 6 in smash bros and was elected as the most popular pokemon in Japan so it's pretty obvious.

Yveltal and Xerneas are on the 2nd spot, for obvious reasons.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I'd also say Greninja for reasons Dracowyn stated, particularly Greninja getting first place in Japan's Pok?mon popularity poll. Besides Greninja, others that come to mind include? Xerneas, Yveltal, Talonflame, Klefki, and Diancie. Especially Talonflame and Klefki, for obvious reasons in the competitive community. :pink_blush:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Zygarde seems to have gotten a strong emphasis in the anime, and I feel like it could have been the same for games had they created a title with the Pokemon being its mascot. Other than that, I'm not so sure...

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    When I think of a game, the first pokemon to come to mind would be the legendaries on the boxart.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Greninja. It's in Smash, it's in the anime, it's just everywhere. It was so well-received upon reveal as well, especially compared to Delphox and Chesnaught. Plus it was voted the #1 favorite recently, I believe. So yeah, definitely the most standout Pokemon for Gen VI, imo.

Froakie, Fennekin, and Chespin are also big, as starters always are. But it's been a long time since a final stage starter was literally everywhere.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • dedenne obviously

Id actually have to go with Greninja since it got a spotlight in nearly everything related to Kalos and is just one of those memorable pokemon from Kalos. I mean legendaries and starters are the obvious picks but most people remember Greninja over Chesnaught and Delphox

Years
  • Like the others said, Greninja is without a doubt the mascot of 6th Gen. It gets a ton of screentime in the anime with a special form resembling Ash, has a very powerful hidden ability that contributes to its competitive success, and recently came out on top in a Pokemon popularity poll.

Years
  • I would go with Greninja but that's too easy ;)
    I think Honedge is the defining Pokemon of Gen 6 because like many Pokemon in Kalos he has a unique and at the same time awesome design. Generation 6 introduced some awesome new Pokemon were that were different and really cool and IO think Honedge represents this

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Would sort of depend on what we mean by the "defining Pokemon of the generation". To me that'd mean more what embodies the concepts of the generation, things it introduced, etc. While Greninja is by far the most famous Gen 6 Pokemon and gets the most attention from the various forms of the franchise, it may or may not embody what Generation 6 is.

......uh, not that I have any ideas tho

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • Greninja because it is the favorite in the Anime, the most popular Pokemon in Japan, it's on Smash, it got a new form, he is the clear favorite here. His shiny is also one of the most gorgeous out of all the Pokemon I'm so happy I have one to call my own.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I have to say Greninja. I do admit it does look like a very cool mon compared to the rest of the other creatures, and its massive popularity also was strong enough to dethrone Pikachu. And we can't forget about its rather OP HA and that BROtean.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • 250px-663Talonflame.png

uh oh here comes smogonbird!

Talonflame is probably the mascot of Gen VI competitive Pokemon, so it's obviously the defining mon to me.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I think it's a tie between Greninja and Talonflame. Greninja because it was in Smash Bros, it's Japan's new favorite mon, Ash has one, and of course because of its competitive use. Protean made this thing such a prominent force in the metagame (until it was banned to Ubers)!

As for Talonflame, two words: Gale Wings. This bird is on nearly every competitive team for that reason alone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    250px-663Talonflame.png

uh oh here comes smogonbird!

Talonflame is probably the mascot of Gen VI competitive Pokemon, so it's obviously the defining mon to me.

Talonfame is love, haha. It's one of my most favorite birds, right beside Skarmory.

Back