• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favourite Kahuna?

Who is your favourite Kahuna?

• Hala

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Olivia

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Nanu

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Hapu

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • Since we have a favourite Trial Captain thread, I thought it would be interesting to have a similar thread for the Kahunas!

Which of the four Kahunas is your favourite and why?

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Ugh, accidentally voted Hapu when I meant Nanu, lol.

Anyways, Nanu is one of the few new characters I really like despite the lack of screen time compared to the others. You don't usually see that apathetic attitude in pokemon characters, and once you see what he's really all about, that attitude of reluctantly helping you just goes so well with him. Plus, he's got a cool battle pose and police station full of Meowths. {XD}

Last edited:
    Years
  • I voted for Hapu, since she has a team of strong Pokemon plus you encounter her a few times through the game. There's also the very heartwarming scene of when she officially becomes Poni Island's Kahuna as well.

TY

Nanu easily, I found him more memorable than the other 3 Kahunas despite screentime.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Olivia
    200px-Sun_Moon_Olivia.png

Take a wild guess why.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • I love Nanu! I don't understand why either, but he just is? Hapu is a close second for me since she had a lot of development.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • In terms of design? Hala, he just looks so badass.
    In terms of actual Character? Nanu, he's so apathetic and it's hillarious, he's a really interesting and lovable character.
    In terms of Battles though, Hapu was fun because I forgot my Primarina and Lurantis in my box, and my whole team was physical, so Mudsdale was a nightmare to deal with and then she still had Gastrodon to mess me up, so I actually ended up losing to her once. (Tbh I expected her to be the champion, not a Kahuna)

Overall though? Nanu, he's the best. I'm very pleased with all of the Kahunas though.

Edit: *looks at Poll* Poor ol' Hala gets no love :'(
    Spoiler:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think I like Hala the most, since I think he looked so awesome in terms of appearance and attitude-wise. Not to mention that pose he pulled off when he's about to battle as the Island Kahuna.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    hmm either hapu or nanu. i liked their attitudes the most, especially nanu's.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Hala. I like me a wise old man character. He's like a cross between an old martial arts master and David Attenborough.

A question about Hapu though. How old is she supposed to be? I think it's Lillie(?) that makes a comment about her being young, but is it just me that thinks she looks about 55-60? She looks like the stereotypical short but feisty little old lady kind of character.

Years
  • I really like Olivia. Her design is obviously awesome, but I also liked her personality in the games too. She had a pretty cool team as well.

Back