• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who is your Johto starter?

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Just wanted to know. Who is your Johto starter?
    Mine has to be either, Cyndaquil or the beloved and really cool, Totodile. :)

Feraligator is a beast and Typhlosion kicks major but. Still prefer Feraligator though as it will always beat Typhlosion straight up. Chickorita is the worst imo. As it has many counters early on in the game, and does dreadful against, Falkner.

So, what is your fav?

ChibiWish

芸術家の心~
    Years
  • I wanted a fire type but I was an idiot (plus I was seven) and got a Totodile. I named him Chaos but I couldn't spell that back then so I named him Kayos. He brings back some special memories and reminds me of how great my life was back then even though I did face so hard times in my past. But actually I think my starter was Sparks, my Pikachu, because I sent him right over as soon as I could and he was always at the front of my team. heehee~

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    LOL. You shouldn't call urself an idiot. Totodile is great. But I suppose u r intitled to your own oppinion. Typhlosion is good, but not as gud as Feraligator!

Cool, name for Totodile. :) Kayos. Sounds pretty cool...

I'm guessing Pikachu, was your Partner from Pokemon Yellow? Mmmm... good times.

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    So... you like em all Charmanderr? Well... uh... Chikorita is not very gud... imo. But still... your oppinion counts and that is all that matters. :) I agree totally, about the other two though. Cyndaquil and Totodile. :)

Years
  • Chikorita was my first ever Pokemon. (Gold version was my first Pokemon game.) I knew not to use it against Falkner's Pokemon. I read the sign in the front of the gym. (I used a Butterfree that used Confusion instead.) Chikorita is the starter to have if you really want a challenge. I loved using Chikorita. Its evolutions were so cute! It comes in handy when you go back to Kanto. I know other people are against it, but if you know what you're doing, Meganium can be really good. (My Meganium in Platinum knows Outrage.)

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    It was a Cyndaquil, I had trouble deciding between the two because back then, i just wanted the best looking one, but i decided that fire type must be a lot stronger than the others
    Typhlosion is now one of my favorite pokemon too :D

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • My first actual Johto Pokemon was Chikorita, when my friend let me play her imported Silver for an afternoon. But, Totodile was the first that I picked myself, and ever since, has always been my favourite. <3

Years
  • Let's see...
    Basic form: Chikorita
    Middle form: Bayleef
    Final form: Quilava

I've chosen all three at least once. I chose Cyndaquil on Gold, Cyndaquil on Silver (I liked Typhlosion loads... and still do, just not as much), and Chikorita on Crystal.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Totodileeeee~ It was my first ever Pokemon, considering that I started playing the Pokemon games with my Silver version. ^_^ Loved the thing ever since~

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • Chikorita was my first Johto starter! I got a shiny one and I freaked out and I thought that was how Chikorita's were supposed to always look.....my next fave was Cyndaquil....I couldn't get into Totodile

Back