• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who likes Snakes?

Years
    I've recently became a BP fenatic, at starting of this year I had one Ball (Royal) Python. I'm now up to 12, including my Girlfriends. Got a variety of different morphs, and realized just how addicting of a hobby this is. Of my "Serpent Homies" I've got 3 Normal Morphs, a Pastel, Black Pastel, Pastel Lesser, Mojave, 2 Spider, Hypo Enchi, Het Hypo Black Pewter (Orange Ghost), and a Fire.

Just wanted to show off my collection to anyone else who may be interested in these amazing creatures, while seeing who else supports reptiles.

This picture is a smash up of all 12 of my snakes. Kinda hard to believe they're all the same type of snake isn't it.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    I think snakes are kinda cute :3

I dunno if it's an animal I'd want as a pet, but I did enjoy the snake we had in my animal care class. He was so adorable.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I absolutely love snakes. I wanted to own one but my grandma was terrified, so I got a lizard instead. Sadly he died a couple years ago :c..

That being said, I'm a snake in the chinese zodiac so maybe that's also why I have an affinity for them :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm extremely scared of snakes... well, just the venomous ones. Haha. People have a fear of things that could hurt them, and so do I. I wouldn't mind if a friendly, non-venomous snake crawled around my hand and whatnot, but if a random snake jumped out of somewhere when I was walking across the street, then I would be a little freaked out. They could be dangerous~

Years
    Kyrul: Aww, how sad, what kind of snake? Where'd you get it?
    Voltianqueen: Glad you like them, they're a pretty good pet. Easy to care for, inexpensive (except the animal itself.) and live for quite awhile...if they don't kill themselves.
    Kura: Haha, my grandma doesn't mind 'em after she held one or two, but my grandpa freaked out about it, he hates snakes, cause of Rattlers. I had a lizard once too, back in the day, but all the pet stores shut down for the winter and I couldn't get food for him. ):
    Persition Haze: Indeed, I'm not overly fond of venomous animals either, if they're not behind glass. Most of mine are all friendly, even let them hang around my neck while I'm typing.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Snakes are cool; they lie around doing nothing until they're hungry and enjoy hiding under cardboard boxes. Too bad they're complicated to raise as you have to give them live stock for them to eat and trying not to get bitten by them.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I like snakes. {:
    I had a corn snake a while back (I prefer larger ones, but I didn't want to have to feed it rats)...she was cute, but a nasty little thing. Tried to gnaw on my hand on several occasions. She seemed to be completely healthy and fine, then just stopped eating and died. X?

Years
    Snakes are some of my favourite animals, and they're actually of great spiritual importance to me.
    I've had a corn snake (ghost morph) for just over four years now, and planned to get get a lot more, but I've since changed my view on pet ownership, snake breeding, and so on. So it'll just be me and the one snake until one of us dies.

Years
    I'm neutral on the thought of snakes. They scare me if I come across one unexpectedly and because of how wild they might be or possibly one could bite me.. but I say neutral in the fact that I have touched a snake before, one that was fully tamed and didn't bite at all. They're really cool to observe as well!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Although I don't think I'd ever own one as a pet, snakes really aren't all that bad. Now, if I come across one unexpectedly, like Zac said, I might get a little freaked out.. but if I'm allowed to interact with one I know is tame and isn't venomous, then I'm completely fine. I actually really like reptiles, my favorites being lizards and turtles. I've been considering getting a lizard as a pet for a while now, but they can be quite expensive when it comes to the feeding and care. Cool snakes, btw! I love the different designs and patterns!

Sirfetch’d

I like snakes, but I wouldn't want one as a pet because I have always had a little fear of them. I think they are amazing creatures though that are really kinda cute!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    my friend has a snake. i think they're cool, but i wouldn't be able to have one. i would get scared of him:P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I find snakes interesting - yes, I'm always amazed with nature. Someday I would like to pet one, the only snakes I seen are at the zoo.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
    I have always loved snakes. I somehow relate to them more than any other animal. I havent bought one as a pet though. I dont have time for a pet yet. But when I do...I might consider a snake.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't like or dislike snakes. I do find them to be really interesting creatures, and I am prone to spending a couple of hours at a time watching feeding videos on YouTube.

Years
    My fear of snakes stems from the time my brother put a fake rubber snake down my back in my sleep.

I'm so terrified, that I'm afraid to Google image them. Moreover, I was quite cautious in posting here in case of pictures xDD

Years
    Pinkie-Dawn: I feed all of mine frozen thawed, saves alot on expenses, plus it's safer for the snakes themselves. Only two of mine hold a grudge against me for a reason unknown and tried to strike, though I haven't been tagged yet. Also yes, their extreme laziness is awesome! Haha, they just chill on your neck/arm.

Slenderman: Cool cool, I was looking at a corn snake to get before I moved to BPs. Who also have a notorious habbit to go off feed. My Fire gave me a scare, as she didn't eat for 4 months straight, she's been back on feed for the past month now though, whew. Sorry about your CS.

Quetzal: Ah, nice! Same as above I was gunna get a corn snake, but my Girlfriend talked me into a Ball Python, which I'm not too upset about. Gunna start breeding hopfully this next season if my Fire gets up to weight. My Mojave male (Joe) is a proven breeder, so it's gunna be cool to get some Majave/Fires...more excited for my Pastel Lesser to get up to size to put with Joe, so hoping for some BEL's!

ZachLMedia: Yeah, I myself hadn't pictured that a snake would be my next pet, let alone my next 12 and counting. Many of which are all very mellow, and don't do much, but flick their tongue and parascope, which is indeed cool. Though yesterday my Hypo Enchi showed me just how fast they are as she refused her meal and took off out of her tub...needless to say I was able to catch her though, but yeah she hauled!

Gyrdosamped: Thanks for the compliment! Yeah, their color and pattern variations are one of the main reasons that makes 'em so addicting! That and their general laid-backness. And indeed, setting up their habitat can be quite pricy, primariliy due to the need for a thermostat to regulate temperatures, though once their settled in they don't really cost much to maintain, assuming they stay healthy. Vet trips can be a killer, too.

Jellecentfan1/xxkaylabby: Yeah, I used to be pretty cautious around them too, expecially constrictors as how big they got, but they quickly grew on me once I got one of my own. (Royal Pythons get roughtly 4-6 feet long.)

PersianTrainer: I remeber catching harmless guarder snakes in my backyard growing up. So I was able to pet one long before my new family additions. They're dry and smooth, and don't mind being touched. Except their head, they generally won't strike or anything but they'll pull away rather quickly.

Kriegstien: Glad to hear that your interest in snakes. Not that you'll need me to tell you, but if you do end up with the time for a snake, do your research before hand. Though they're really easy to care for, it's still always good to know your stuff. Especially depending on the type of snake.

Dominic: Yes feeding videos are great, especially being able to film it in person. It's amazing what a snake can handle as a meal! Also the shedding process is another interesting event to witness.

The_Consumer: Ah, what a shame, but to each their own. Haha, yeah I put a spoiler around the picture, one cause it's a bit large and two..not everyone likes snakes. My dad's friend's wife came over once, and couldn't even go in my room knowing that there would be snake in it though they're not entirely visable.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Snakes are kinda cool but I don't know that I would ever have one for a pet. I'll stick to cats and dogs.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I just snapped this picture of my corn snake earlier today, I thought it was cute >o>

Spoiler:

She doesn't usually hang out with a paper towel, we were cleaning her terrarium this morning and put her in a little glass carrier thing with a paper towel so she wouldn't get cold on the glass, haha

So to answer the thread question I guess that would be a yes, I think snakes are pretty cool and I like them lol​

Back