• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO MISSES MISTY!? D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Misty was not a strong female character. Sure, she was a physically strong female- if walking a few miles with the twisted remains of a bike on her shoulders and pulling a good-sized ten-year-old out of the water with a fishing rod is any indication- but she was not a strong character. Her flaws were never really explored nor overcome, and despite what people seem to think, she hardly did anything noteworthy. Practically every contribution to the group's effort could have easily been taken over by Brock or Ash or the CotD. She was generally quite a pointless person to have around. Now if she had been a proper romantic interest or had a properly focused on goal, this may have been different. But as it stands, this is how I see it.

I have to respectively disagree with you.Just because May and Dawn received more focus doesn't make them better characters period.It is quality which is important in here,not quantity with people who prefer Misty liking her because of great personality and certain charm and humor she brought to show contributing to good groups dynamic.
    They also like how she stood out from others by being one type trainer striving to become best with it,because of having sad back story having to work hard for everything she achieved along with not being afraid to speak out her mind.

Not trying to dismiss role of other girls because May and Dawn were important part of pokemon series promoting and introducing concept of contests,but to be fair Misty contributions weren't any less worthy having several noteworthy achievements being supporting character which helped out Ash along with Brock to grow in better trainer.

Misty purpose was in being supporting character who acted like Ash coach/mentor.She wasn't co-star but she did things providing humor and great chemistry between group,had several notable achievements(like winning Princess festival which was some sort of early contest,Seaking competition,being among top 8 in Whirl Cup, etc) and aside from battling did many other things which influenced plot in one way or another.
    Like saving people lives,towns,taking care of those she cared about,helping to beat TR organization,giving moral support to her friends teaching people to never give up hope believing in themselves.Misty often played heroine in classical sense from what i noticed and personally im not bothered that she wasn't co-star because for good development you don't need a lot of screen time.

She was one along with Brock who influenced Ash a lot helping him to grow in trainer he became later giving identity to this anime and group as a whole.

She also served purpose of providing humor and good character interaction with quirky and tomboyish personality during her run along with receiving at time spotlight on her own which focused on her own problems having strong presence in show.Along with having some great character development becoming more mature and level headed while still being quirky and vivid over time getting over her complex of inferiority becoming better water trainer.

Way i see it there was nothing wrong with Misty character in general.She had excellent personality,quality interacting with group and several characters,showed gradual change with various sides of her being showed(beside just temper)being tomboyish and stubborn but also feminine,snarky,romantic and timid not ending as flat one-dimensional character along with having several notable achievements.
    My main and biggest complaint is that she didn't received enough focus and development on her own dreams and story not getting enough spotlight with lot of potential ending up unused.

Because of her character not being fleshed out enough with many things being left unexplored in her story,because of dynamic she brought to group being added with fact of her story being left unresolved personally im of belief how Misty should return as main character being given another chance.
    That dosnt mean im not realistic enough to accept how this probably wont happen though with writers not showing any sign of changing current formula anytime soon.

But in short,yes like many other fans i miss her character.

But you know what? I grew up and took of the nostalgia goggles. And I realized that while Misty was fine for a starting companion, she was wisely dropped in favor of more interesting characters.
    I dont think you can speak in everyone name with this.I watched all pokemon seasons,gave chance to May and Dawn and everything but they never managed to live up to my expectations still finding Misty better.

And i can assure how my preference has nothing to do with nostalgia.

Btw reason why Misty was dropped was in favor of providing new female fanservice for audience being same reason for which later girls May and Dawn were dropped as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Please explain to me how Misty, who offered commentary on battles and played mother to a Togepi, makes a better role model to females than say... May, who spent her time trying to overcome her flaws, working toward her goals, and learning who she wanted to be/what she wanted to do with her life. Are you saying females should be passive care-givers rather than active and independent with their own lives, goals, and ideals? Kinda contradicts the idea of feminine progress over the years, I think.

I watched Princess vs. Princess, better known as Pokemon Episode 52, and when me and my mom watched it, my mom actually hated how the girls were being depicted, being a bunch of loud, whiney, and obnoxious animals. When I asked her if Misty was anything like that, mom actually said she wasn't. May and Dawn, on the other hand, WERE like that (and believe me, I know, since I saw them), hence why Misty was a better role model than them.

And Misty DID try to overcome her goals and flaws. How else can you explain the Whirl Cup battles, or heck, any battles she participated in? And for the record, even without the battles, she still did things that actually helped her group, not to mention saved several people (Case in point, the fact that she got them out of the St. Anne or when she saved Porta Vista from being flooded), or heck, those episodes that gave her focus?

Misty was not a strong female character. Sure, she was a physically strong female- if walking a few miles with the twisted remains of a bike on her shoulders and pulling a good-sized ten-year-old out of the water with a fishing rod is any indication- but she was not a strong character. Her flaws were never really explored nor overcome, and despite what people seem to think, she hardly did anything noteworthy. Practically every contribution to the group's effort could have easily been taken over by Brock or Ash or the CotD. She was generally quite a pointless person to have around. Now if she had been a proper romantic interest or had a properly focused on goal, this may have been different. But as it stands, this is how I see it.

The same thing could just as easily be said about anything Ash and Brock did, actually, so going by your arguement, Ash and Brock aren't noteworthy, or the CotD. Heck, even May and Dawn's accomplishments could be done by just about anyone (as a matter of fact, they did replace May with Dawn to accomplish the same goals, and had they kept Contests, its very likely they would have done the same with Dawn), just going by your logic. If you want to derail Misty's accomplishments, try to give a better arguement. Heck, I hated May and Dawn, and was not favorable towards Brock during Johto and beyond, yet even I don't deride them for accomplishing things that the other members or a CotD could do (well, okay, technically I did right here, but that was only to give an example on how that reasoning was flawed).

Basically, no. I don't miss Misty. I was raised on the original trio. I used to be a total Misty fan and advocate. I used to despise May for taking her place. But you know what? I grew up and took of the nostalgia goggles. And I realized that while Misty was fine for a starting companion, she was wisely dropped in favor of more interesting characters.

I'm not "nostalgic." I know because I watched the Johto episodes during that June 2nd/3rd Pokemon Marathon before the release of Diamond and Pearl (and let me be quick to point out that Johto was a saga I had barely even seen), not to mention I have the boxed set of Pokemon Season 1 that I watched and my feelings for them were exactly the same as when I watched them a while ago. Heck, I can't "forget" or erode my memories, meaning I can't be nostalgic. "Tragedy + Time still = Tragedy" for me, after all. DBZ Fan pointed out a similar explaination to me, anyways, so that's two people who aren't motivated by nostalgia.

And for the record, I don't hate May for replacing Misty. Heck, when I saw that May was there instead of Misty in a Disney Adventures magazine talking about Pokemon Advanced, I didn't really feel anything at all. It wasn't until I heard May's voice when I was at the hospital for chest pains that I actually started to hate May, since I realized then that the writers actually created a Female Anime Stereotype (IE, a girl who is loud, whiney, obnoxious, silly, spoiled, and basically the essence of a bimbo), and that removing Misty and replacing her with a FAS was a very big mistake. It was because of this that I even started to think about bringing Misty back, ultimately working towards it near the end of the summer. I tried giving May a second chance, but she blew that chance when she essentially acted like a coward instead of actually risking her life to save Manaphy in the 9th Movie when it was kidnapped by Phantom near the end. For the record, I also tried to give Dawn a chance, and while she did initially pass, she failed and earned my hatred when she exposed her vain streak in one of the first episodes. Don't think I didn't even give May or Dawn a chance, because I did, and they failed tremendously. And while I don't hate Iris, I can't accept her as Misty's successor yet, not until she proves herself by not reacting the way the FAS reacts (like how Misty passed that test in PvP).

And for the record, no, it was not wise, not even under that arguement. If it was wise, they would have replaced Brock at the end of Johto as well. And please don't give me that arguement that they couldn't risk replacing Brock because of his replacement, Tracey, bombing, because had that actually been the reason, they would have been too scared to even consider replacing any of the characters.

Also, I've learned of a character in the Odyssey who had a similar description to what you've perscribed yourself to, and that's Melanchus, derived from the Goat Herder in The Odyssey who, you know, used to be very loyal to Odysseus but then during the 20 years between the war and back, decided to essentially stab him in the back due to his being dead, and also persecuted those who actually were still loyal to Odysseus in believing that he'll return. Just saying.

And for the record, she may not have been an actual co-star, but she certainly was pretty darn close to one given the fact that she essentially got her troupe out of trouble quite a lot. Besides, like DBZ Fan pointed out, the actual reason for her departure was because of the writers, or at least the former director, viewing the female characters as fanservice models rather than actual characters (well, it at least explains why they kept Brock despite becoming a Charlie Harper and also extremely stale in Johto).

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I watched Princess vs. Princess, better known as Pokemon Episode 52, and when me and my mom watched it, my mom actually hated how the girls were being depicted, being a bunch of loud, whiney, and obnoxious animals. When I asked her if Misty was anything like that, mom actually said she wasn't. May and Dawn, on the other hand, WERE like that (and believe me, I know, since I saw them), hence why Misty was a better role model than them.

And Misty DID try to overcome her goals and flaws. How else can you explain the Whirl Cup battles, or heck, any battles she participated in? And for the record, even without the battles, she still did things that actually helped her group, not to mention saved several people (Case in point, the fact that she got them out of the St. Anne or when she saved Porta Vista from being flooded), or heck, those episodes that gave her focus?

The same thing could just as easily be said about anything Ash and Brock did, actually, so going by your arguement, Ash and Brock aren't noteworthy, or the CotD. Heck, even May and Dawn's accomplishments could be done by just about anyone (as a matter of fact, they did replace May with Dawn to accomplish the same goals, and had they kept Contests, its very likely they would have done the same with Dawn), just going by your logic. If you want to derail Misty's accomplishments, try to give a better arguement. Heck, I hated May and Dawn, and was not favorable towards Brock during Johto and beyond, yet even I don't deride them for accomplishing things that the other members or a CotD could do (well, okay, technically I did right here, but that was only to give an example on how that reasoning was flawed).

I'm not "nostalgic." I know because I watched the Johto episodes during that June 2nd/3rd Pokemon Marathon before the release of Diamond and Pearl (and let me be quick to point out that Johto was a saga I had barely even seen), not to mention I have the boxed set of Pokemon Season 1 that I watched and my feelings for them were exactly the same as when I watched them a while ago. Heck, I can't "forget" or erode my memories, meaning I can't be nostalgic. "Tragedy + Time still = Tragedy" for me, after all. DBZ Fan pointed out a similar explaination to me, anyways, so that's two people who aren't motivated by nostalgia.

And for the record, I don't hate May for replacing Misty. Heck, when I saw that May was there instead of Misty in a Disney Adventures magazine talking about Pokemon Advanced, I didn't really feel anything at all. It wasn't until I heard May's voice when I was at the hospital for chest pains that I actually started to hate May, since I realized then that the writers actually created a Female Anime Stereotype (IE, a girl who is loud, whiney, obnoxious, silly, spoiled, and basically the essence of a bimbo), and that removing Misty and replacing her with a FAS was a very big mistake. It was because of this that I even started to think about bringing Misty back, ultimately working towards it near the end of the summer. I tried giving May a second chance, but she blew that chance when she essentially acted like a coward instead of actually risking her life to save Manaphy in the 9th Movie when it was kidnapped by Phantom near the end. For the record, I also tried to give Dawn a chance, and while she did initially pass, she failed and earned my hatred when she exposed her vain streak in one of the first episodes. Don't think I didn't even give May or Dawn a chance, because I did, and they failed tremendously. And while I don't hate Iris, I can't accept her as Misty's successor yet, not until she proves herself by not reacting the way the FAS reacts (like how Misty passed that test in PvP).

And for the record, no, it was not wise, not even under that arguement. If it was wise, they would have replaced Brock at the end of Johto as well. And please don't give me that arguement that they couldn't risk replacing Brock because of his replacement, Tracey, bombing, because had that actually been the reason, they would have been too scared to even consider replacing any of the characters.

Also, I've learned of a character in the Odyssey who had a similar description to what you've perscribed yourself to, and that's Melanchus, derived from the Goat Herder in The Odyssey who, you know, used to be very loyal to Odysseus but then during the 20 years between the war and back, decided to essentially stab him in the back due to his being dead, and also persecuted those who actually were still loyal to Odysseus in believing that he'll return. Just saying.

And for the record, she may not have been an actual co-star, but she certainly was pretty darn close to one given the fact that she essentially got her troupe out of trouble quite a lot. Besides, like DBZ Fan pointed out, the actual reason for her departure was because of the writers, or at least the former director, viewing the female characters as fanservice models rather than actual characters (well, it at least explains why they kept Brock despite becoming a Charlie Harper and also extremely stale in Johto).
    Misty had more focus then May and Dawn ever did during their time on the how,Misty prove to be a very well done perfect powerful character when she was still on the show.

Brock character was still good during Johto,Misty was more important then May and Dawn ever was during their time on the how. I am glad these two pointless characters May and Dawn are gone forever since there characters weren't flawless either,Misty had less flaws about her character then May and Dawn ever did. May and Dawn have a lot of flaws about their characters ,but not Misty so much.

Years
    There is a big difference of characteristic between Misty, May & Dawn, because they were created by different scriptwriter. I know many fans miss Misty. Unfortunately, Misty won't ever comeback......:(
    Coz the scriptwriter, Takeshi Shudo already passed away a year ago. He created "Misty". And I don't think other scriptwriter could bring "THAT MISTY" back.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    There is a big difference of characteristic between Misty, May & Dawn, because they were created by different scriptwriter. I know many fans miss Misty. Unfortunately, Misty won't ever comeback......:(
    Coz the scriptwriter, Takeshi Shudo already passed away a year ago. He created "Misty". And I don't think other scriptwriter could bring "THAT MISTY" back.

I don't think thats problem at all,because new writers already wrote for Misty staying faithful to characterization ex head writer did.Mr.Shudo stopped doing series construction somewhere in mid Johto with Atsuhiro Tomioka doing series construction from Hoenn and onwards.

However after mr.Shudo stopped writing for show Misty was still same as she used to be in terms of personality with new writers doing character right along with expanding little more on character growth mr.Shudo started in past getting over Gyarados fear,getting over complex of inferiority caused by sisters earning their respect and becoming little more mature gaining some good development.

We can see during chronicles and cameos her character grew in nice blend of older and new Misty becoming more responsible person being filled with self esteem not being insecure in herself so much like she used to be while still being quirky,sarcastic,witty,spunky,caring etc.She is hotheaded and stubborn as well being capable of exploding when provoked enough along with having passionate love for water and battling,but she is also more grown up and mature as person at this point and time.

So if Misty returns she would be more or less pretty much same character we knew still being vivid and quirky with her personality being more enriched because of development she received before.

Years
    I don't think thats problem at all,because new writers already wrote for Misty staying faithful to characterization ex head writer did.Mr.Shudo stopped doing series construction somewhere in mid Johto with Atsuhiro Tomioka doing series construction from Hoenn and onwards.

However after mr.Shudo stopped writing for show Misty was still same as she used to be in terms of personality with new writers doing character right along with expanding little more on character growth mr.Shudo started in past getting over Gyarados fear,getting over complex of inferiority caused by sisters earning their respect and becoming little more mature gaining some good development.

We can see during chronicles and cameos her character grew in nice blend of older and new Misty becoming more responsible person being filled with self esteem not being insecure in herself so much like she used to be while still being quirky,sarcastic,witty,spunky,caring etc.She is hotheaded and stubborn as well being capable of exploding when provoked enough along with having passionate love for water and battling,but she is also more grown up and mature as person at this point and time.

So if Misty returns she would be more or less pretty much same character we knew still being vivid and quirky with her personality being more enriched because of development she received before.
    May be I stereotype Misty as a quirky,sarcastic,witty,spunky,....Character ^^.
    Don't know why...i think ""a mature Misty + still a 10-year-old Ash" will not be interesting anymore :(. Kind of a weird combination = =. If Ash is a much more developed character, along with Misty, they would be an excellent pair.

A whole new journey will begin. In the new story, Ash will win a championship or become a well-known pokemon trainer. Misty will become a water-type pokemon master or defeat a water-type pokemon master. They all proof themselves and make their dreams come true.
    That's my perfect ending :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    May be I stereotype Misty as a quirky,sarcastic,witty,spunky,....Character ^^.
    Don't know why...i think ""a mature Misty + still a 10-year-old Ash" will not be interesting anymore :(. Kind of a weird combination = =. If Ash is a much more developed character, along with Misty, they would be an excellent pair.

A whole new journey will begin. In the new story, Ash will win a championship or become a well-known pokemon trainer. Misty will become a water-type pokemon master or defeat a water-type pokemon master. They all proof themselves and make their dreams come true.
    That's my perfect ending :)

But Misty is still all of those you mentioned,only difference is she isnt as violent as she used to be becoming little more level headed and timid.
    I thought Misty was very interesting in hosos and cameos in Hoenn liking how she grew in more responsible and independent character who knew how to take care of herself while still being quirky,hotheaded and sarcastic liking to playfully tease Ash and Brock still having her flare being passionate about things.She had perfect mix of tombosyish and girly side and great interacting with Ash,May and Max in those episodes as well good relationship with sisters.

In my opinion it would be interesting to see how she would work as part of group nowdays considering how Ash and Misty are little more mature while still being brash to certain extent having long way to go in order to achieve their drams.For once i would be interested in seeing friendship between older traveling companions being rekindled and taken forward as opposite to "Ash meets new girl,becomes friends with it,she departs"rinse and repeat.

It would be also interesting to see how would Misty interact with new characters allowing to develop some brother-sister relationship between them with others learning some new things due to experience she has and vice versa enriching knowledge herself.

I fully agree about your idea of ending this show.When you think about it Misty was replaced in such a way that she could return at any point if writers ever decided to do it.Her story was left unfinished and there were left many unexplored things about her character and past.

After all main reason why she returned to gym was out of obligation later staying because of sisters being incompetent not wanting to take care of it anymore,so if one of them becomes responsible or someone else is find for substitute problem with gym would be solved with Misty leaving to advance goal(like Wallace for example did before becoming one of best water trainers in world) making sense.
    Or they could have Misty try becoming E4 member tying her quest directly into it(she wanted to become best water trainer and E4 are best one type trainers in world).

Years
    But Misty is still all of those you mentioned,only difference is she isnt as violent as she used to be becoming little more level headed and timid.
    I thought Misty was very interesting in hosos and cameos in Hoenn liking how she grew in more responsible and independent character who knew how to take care of herself while still being quirky,hotheaded and sarcastic liking to playfully tease Ash and Brock still having her flare being passionate about things.She had perfect mix of tombosyish and girly side and great interacting with Ash,May and Max in those episodes as well good relationship with sisters.

In my opinion it would be interesting to see how she would work as part of group nowdays considering how Ash and Misty are little more mature while still being brash to certain extent having long way to go in order to achieve their drams.For once i would be interested in seeing friendship between older traveling companions being rekindled and taken forward as opposite to "Ash meets new girl,becomes friends with it,she departs"rinse and repeat.

It would be also interesting to see how would Misty interact with new characters allowing to develop some brother-sister relationship between them with others learning some new things due to experience she has and vice versa enriching knowledge herself.

I fully agree about your idea of ending this show.When you think about it Misty was replaced in such a way that she could return at any point if writers ever decided to do it.Her story was left unfinished and there were left many unexplored things about her character and past.

After all main reason why she returned to gym was out of obligation later staying because of sisters being incompetent not wanting to take care of it anymore,so if one of them becomes responsible or someone else is find for substitute problem with gym would be solved with Misty leaving to advance goal(like Wallace for example did before becoming one of best water trainers in world) making sense.
    Or they could have Misty try becoming E4 member tying her quest directly into it(she wanted to become best water trainer and E4 are best one type trainers in world).
    That's why she is my favourite girl in Pokemon :embarrass

To be honest, i haven't seen any episode of BW..But what I heard from others, BW is a whole new story. Many old characters do not appear, even mention one of them. BW. I'm afraid if we want Misty or other girls back, we have to want the next generation. :disappoin

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I actually prefer Misty over Iris. I also want Brock back, Brock is awesome xD

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
    Years
    I miss Misty, but it's not like I can do anything about it...Plus, change isn't bad? I find Iris somewhat amusing.

But a character I really miss on the show is TRACY!!! Anyone else on the same boat with me?...anyone? o-o

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I miss Misty, but it's not like I can do anything about it...Plus, change isn't bad? I find Iris somewhat amusing.

But a character I really miss on the show is TRACY!!! Anyone else on the same boat with me?...anyone? o-o

We could say the same thing about Brock during the Orange Islands, and look what happened: He returned. If they were able to listen to the fanbase on that occassion, they can most certainly listen to us.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I liked Misty at the time and sure I'd be happy if she were to return but I also like the other female characters, May, Lyra, Kris, Dawn & Iris, they're all great!

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
    There's no need to miss Misty with Iris around, she's on the same annoying level as Misty. :P

God I hate Iris. Misty is nowhere near as annoying and ugly as Iris. Iris looks like she was pulled out of the 70's or 80s and got some crappy Axew glued to her hair. She's like the corrupted version of princess bubblegum, what with the huge hair thats sticky enough to hold pokemon.

I actually prefer Misty over Iris. I also want Brock back, Brock is awesome xD
    Yeah what was the point of getting rid of Brock? It's like they really wanted to destroy any possible remnants of Red Version so the fans would forget about the Golden Age of Pokemon and play the crappy new ones.

Last edited:

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    God I hate Iris. Misty is nowhere near as annoying and ugly as Iris. Iris looks like she was pulled out of the 70's or 80s and got some crappy Axew glued to her hair. She's like the corrupted version of princess bubblegum, what with the huge hair thats sticky enough to hold pokemon.

Yeah what was the point of getting rid of Brock? It's like they really wanted to destroy any possible remnants of Red Version so the fans would forget about the Golden Age of Pokemon and play the crappy new ones.
    Misty was never ugly she was a good looking fox,Iris isn't ugly at all she really good looking.May and Dawn are kinda ugly but they both look ok,but Misty and Iris are both hot.

Misty was a great character she wasn't a crybaby and her character was pure epic.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Misty was never ugly she was a good looking fox,Iris isn't ugly at all she really good looking.May and Dawn are kinda ugly but they both look ok,but Misty and Iris are both hot.

Misty was a great character she wasn't a crybaby and her character was pure epic.

How can someone be kind of ugly but they look okay?

Brock character was still good during Johto,Misty was more important then May and Dawn ever was during their time on the how. I am glad these two pointless characters May and Dawn are gone forever since there characters weren't flawless either,Misty had less flaws about her character then May and Dawn ever did. May and Dawn have a lot of flaws about their characters ,but not Misty so much

You keep saying the same thing over and over again, how are they pointless if they promoted Pokemon Contest (according to what you are saying) How does someone that is promoting something be pointless? that makes no sense. Can you name May, Dawn and Misty's flaws.

Oh yeah, you don't know if any of them are coming back or not, get that through your thick skull.

It's the same thing with Brock, some people (by that I mean my friends and myself) thought that when he left Ash and Misty during the Orange Islands, he wouldn't come back and guess what? in the 3rd season of Pokemon he came back,

:t354:TG

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011

You keep saying the same thing over and over again, how are they pointless if they promoted Pokemon Contest (according to what you are saying) How does someone that is promoting something be pointless? that makes no sense. Can you name May, Dawn and Misty's flaws.

Oh yeah, you don't know if any of them are coming back or not, get that through your thick skull.

It's the same thing with Brock, some people (by that I mean my friends and myself) thought that when he left Ash and Misty during the Orange Islands, he wouldn't come back and guess what? in the 3rd season of Pokemon he came back,

You are the one keep repeating the samething over over again. They were pointless characters wether you like it or not,it does make sense since May and Dawn were only here to promote those contests which by the time Sinnoh started were getting kinda old really fast.

You get this through your thick skull that Dawn is never coming back,the only reason why Brock came back was due to popular demand. You don't have any proof that Dawn is coming back, which she is most likely not since contest are not in the show anymore ,so deal with the fact she is not coming back.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Well, for starters, they ended up replacing May with Dawn by DP to do pretty much the exact same thing. Plus, the thing they were promoting wasn't even something plot important in the games. Hence, it was a pointless addition. At least Ash's gym quest was the actual point of the games, since that was needed to even complete the game in the sense that you get the end credits after beating them and the Elite 4. The Pokemon Contests didn't even have that same importance. Not to mention, the director mentioned that the reason for May and Dawn's creation/departure was basically as eyecandy/sex toys, absolutely nothing related to plot, hence why Tough pointed them out as pointless. Sure, Misty didn't do anything game-related, but at least she got Ash and Brock through their journey, even with their lives, so that itself is plot-important. I don't think May and Dawn really did that much to impact Ash's journey, anyways.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Being one of the original characters, who wouldn't miss her? She's so darn cool! And she deserves to be back on the track!

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2012
    I do..Iris might be annoying same level Misty did but let accept it Ash's group will never be completed without her. ;)

Back