• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO MISSES MISTY!? D:

PL50

I hate legendaries
Years
  • Misty! Why did your stuck up sisters leave you in the gym while they take a cruise around the world?! (the sisters might meet ash in best wishes actually...think about that..) but yeah, =Who misses misty? :D

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    There's no need to miss Misty with Iris around, she's on the same annoying level as Misty. :P
    Misty will always have a place in our hearts and she will never be forgotten. Iris is pretty much the same as Misty, but on a very different level of being annoying and hot headed.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Misty will always have a place in our hearts and she will never be forgotten.
    She isn't dead you know.
    Either way, we're bound to see her in a special or when Ash goes back to kanto. That is if they don't show us those scenes like after Sinnoh.

Meh, Iris and Misty are different in so many ways, the only thing I see incommon with them is that they like to annoy Ash, but they do it in so many different ways. Misty would usually show him her place by being abusive towards him. xD Iris just calls him a kid.

On topic, I do really miss Misty, we was an amazing character with a funny personality. Though I do think it was a mistake to remove her from the main cast, I have understood it. I don't have anything wrong with Dawn or May, they're both great characters too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Well i would be lying if i said i don't.Yes i miss Misty as well and i do hope we get to see her again at some point in this show.She is great character with colorful personality and i like her pokemon,background and expressive way when showing passionate love for things she like.

I also feel there were left many things unanswered about her both in character and goal sense having potential for further character development being removed too early from show imo.
    I don't think she will return as main any time soon but at very least she deserves some good appearance being nice to see what's been going on with her,what new pokemon she obtained and how much she improved.

Misty will always have a place in our hearts and she will never be forgotten. Iris is pretty much the same as Misty, but on a very different level of being annoying and hot headed.

Maybe its just me but i don't find them that much similar.
    Iris is despite some similarities quite different from Misty from what i noticed.Barring tendency to tease Ash about his battling skills Iris is type of character who is more along the lines of being playful,hyper and wild type of character being known for having deep understanding about dragon types as well having tendency to act like hypocrite in some cases.With Misty she was more violent being known for her temper,sarcasm,tendency to fall for romance and cute things,intelligence and ability to act well under pressure having mix of tomboyish and girly side.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I do miss Misty, but I am also glad they filter in other characters(which I wish they would do with Ash). I do agree she didn't get as much development as I would have liked yes the did fishing contests, water battles, other miscellaneous events that give her little development here and there but I felt the Contest girls got ample development through contests whereas Misty got spotty development here and there. That is why I would like to see her as a companion again even if it is wishful thinking.

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
    Years
  • I miss the comedy aspect she brought to the show. Actually, I miss the comedy from the first season. That's something missing from the new episodes.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I've missed Kasumi since they brought in the incredibly ANNOYING Haruka.
    The charm of the show vanished for me when she left. Haven't been able to watch it since.
    Also, the less they show Natsume...the more I don't want to watch.

Guest123_x1

Misty was (and always will be) my favorite of Ash's 'traveling companions'. Has been since I started watching the anime (which was towards the end of the Indigo saga).
    I was disappointed terribly when I first heard that she was going to be leaving the show (which was back in 2002!)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Misty threads make me wanna b'aaaw

Sorry, but my Pokemon childhood was with the 3rd generation. Misty doesn't hold significance to me.

Years
  • I miss the comedy aspect she brought to the show. Actually, I miss the comedy from the first season. That's something missing from the new episodes.

Is it really truly missing, though? I think it's just at a diminished level, and the series is better off for it. I've watched over 400 episodes within the last two years encompassing the three regions with Misty, as well as almost all of the Hoenn and Sinnoh episodes, and I see the same types of humor across the entire length of the series, though they focus far less on the slapstick comedy used for humor so much in the early seasons. The move away from more slapstick humor and a focus on the characters they meet is actually an improvement in my book.

As for me, I don't really care whether Misty's in or not. Maybe give her a cameo to update her team every once in a while, but that's all I would be interested in, personally.

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
    Years
  • Is it really truly missing, though? I think it's just at a diminished level, and the series is better off for it. I've watched over 400 episodes within the last two years encompassing the three regions with Misty, as well as almost all of the Hoenn and Sinnoh episodes, and I see the same types of humor across the entire length of the series, though they focus far less on the slapstick comedy used for humor so much in the early seasons. The move away from more slapstick humor and a focus on the characters they meet is actually an improvement in my book.

As for me, I don't really care whether Misty's in or not. Maybe give her a cameo to update her team every once in a while, but that's all I would be interested in, personally.

It was in Johto, but not as much. It diminished a little bit in Hoenn, Sinnoh was about the same as Hoenn, but now in Unova, it's hardly there at all. I haven't laughed once this season.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I miss Misty and May, but especially Misty :/
    She was funny, and I dont' think her annoying at all. Be it Dawn or Iris, they are annoying, not Misty.
    She was THE heroine of the anime, the potential Ash's girlfriend... She's irreplaceable, I want her to come back !

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Well off course I miss Misty!! I was raised on the Trio of Ash, Brock, and Misty. I will never forget her. However thats no reason to criticize the newer girls. In fact, I do love Dawn more than Misty, but Misty is Special Somehow.
    The truth is, I miss all Pokemon character that leaves because the series is so long and we have been used to them in a long adventure, its hard to see them leave especially when they got along.

Cheer Up anyway, Pokemon will find a way to reunite with all characters including Misty. Or at least, hint for them. They should because there is a lot of ways to do it.

And for the newer girls, they are all amazing but with priorities. I like Dawn best, but Misty is so so so special! So i guess it is a tie :P Then comes May followed by Iris. I don't hate Iris, in fact I see her a bit funny rather than annoying, but as I said, there are priorities....

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • I don't miss her. In fact, I'm still at the beginning of the Johto anime.
    Although she left the series, she will be Ash's first wive - forever.
    (With May being the 2nd, and Dawn being the 3rd)

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    She isn't dead you know.
    Either way, we're bound to see her in a special or when Ash goes back to kanto. That is if they don't show us those scenes like after Sinnoh.

Meh, Iris and Misty are different in so many ways, the only thing I see incommon with them is that they like to annoy Ash, but they do it in so many different ways. Misty would usually show him her place by being abusive towards him. xD Iris just calls him a kid.

On topic, I do really miss Misty, we was an amazing character with a funny personality. Though I do think it was a mistake to remove her from the main cast, I have understood it. I don't have anything wrong with Dawn or May, they're both great characters too.
    Misty is the only one that i miss and she will be the only one to be Ash wife, not May or Dawn which were annoying characters sometimes.

I never said Misty was dead ,but Misty was a character that you could have related to in real life unlike May and Dawn who were only her to just promote Pokemon Contests.

Misty was so damn special and hot for a redhead little woman,she will always be remember for year's to come.

Back