• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO MISSES MISTY!? D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    I agree with you Charicific

Thumbs Up to that :)

I do not mind your argument, you are supporting what you are saying and I truly appreciate your way. But The thing I want to knock off is the criticism on Dawn and May. You like Misty, I am ok with that, but to say the others are horrible (which you didn't) is what I extremely detest.

Anyway, My reply after looking into this debate.....
    I don't want to go all mad over misty because of her fans, but all I am saying is she is NOT better than any of the other girls nor are the other girls better than her. Everyone of them have their own personality, their personality is what makes each one of them beloved to me.

Misty's fear from bugs made her deep. She didn't have much things to do as much as May and Dawn, my memory about Kanto and Johto isn't so vivid but all I remember she did was carry Togepi, start flaming, and had a couple of battles. Is that too much? No. Does that make her bad? No! She did have some sort of uniqueness and as I said, she isn't that shallow.

May's nagging about hunger is what made her quite "funny" , the idea of someone desperate for food....it just makes me smile, so in other words, there is nothing wrong for her to do that, its better than a shallow character. Unlike Misty, May had more significance in the branch of contests. Its quite good to focus on different characters in that way, and Unlike Misty too, May developed MORE.......she first was against Pokemon Battles and such, you can later on see how she changed. She had her own rivals, conflicts, and development, so I dare you say she was the worst character or something...

Dawn almost follows May, A Coordinator as well, with a dressing of ambition. She as well had a significant role in Pokemon Contests, she was the one who had Ash learned Counter-Strategies and some cool moves. I also adored the way she was on Ash's side all the way, the way she discarded Zoey and whoever that guy was just to cheer on Ash. She also had her funny Piplup, he wasn't annoying at all, he was hilarious, your just over-emotional and just trying to find a way to hate the series if you say he is annoying. I think Dawn, beside Misty, was the one how showed affection to Ash xD . Dawn was also skilled in Pokemon Contest later on, at first, her loss is what made her character interesting. It also added a taste of realism, I didn't like how the main characters always bypass the odds no matter what, Dawn broke that rule by 2 consecutive losses.

So as you can see, there is nothing wrong with all the girls, they had really good significance and roles whether its humor or.......Ugh...you know what I mean!

And BTW, Iris by far, is an EPIC character, I just love her! She isn't ugly by any mean, that's just racist D: She is nothing like annoying!!! She is amazing, her line "Your Such a Kid" is just so cool xD love it. Your just naggy and nostalgic of you say such thing as annoying <_< Or....you don't have a sense of slight humor.

By far, Pokemon did well in their characters....Non of them were unappealing to me by any means.....if you think they are, give a VALID argument! Saying shes "Annoying" isn't enough, coz I cannot tell whether that's true since not everyone agrees on that. Either give me a Solid Proof where the character was bad or just don't talk!
    Yeah, Charicific, I totally agree with you I realy like May and Dawn. Ash, May, and Dawn are my favorite characters. Because, May- she is funny, always makes me lol. She likes Ash and Brock and Max. She always helping them, being good with them. She is better than Misty.Why? When Misty came back in advanced. She was still making fun of Ash. Even whole seasons with them she was always making fun of Ash. Dawn. I like Dawn cuz she always quiet. She know too much. She is good at contests. The only her problem is weak pokemons. But still I like her. I think May and Dawn are better than Misty twicly. And what about Iris. I know most people hates her because she is black. And I think this is kinda racist. I kinda like Iris. I like they way she walks on trees xD Thats it. S.O.C.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Yeah, Charicific, I totally agree with you I realy like May and Dawn. Ash, May, and Dawn are my favorite characters. Because, May- she is funny, always makes me lol. She likes Ash and Brock and Max. She always helping them, being good with them. She is better than Misty.Why? When Misty came back in advanced. She was still making fun of Ash. Even whole seasons with them she was always making fun of Ash. Dawn. I like Dawn cuz she always quiet. She know too much. She is good at contests. The only her problem is weak pokemons. But still I like her. I think May and Dawn are better than Misty twicly. And what about Iris. I know most people hates her because she is black. And I think this is kinda racist. I kinda like Iris. I like they way she walks on trees xD Thats it. S.O.C.
    I also totally agree with you guys! But I think I have nothing to say, since you already said everything together ;) ! But I know one thing that Misty cant be the best as someone thinks, it is just because people start to watch first episodes and get used to Mistry then when they see someone new they start to be angry on her. Because She replace Misty. Come on EVen dont give a chance!?!?! Well I am not saing that Misty is bad! But in same way she always makes fun of Her friends <_<! And about others things it is already said by people up. And BTW ! May and Dawn are not annoying as you said!! so blaziken3000 and charicific I realy agree with you guys :)

Last edited:

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011

I say Misty was much better then May or even Dawn,i disargee with you because i don't recall most of any of the people saying they hate Iris and her being black have nothing to do with it so it is not racist,people do like Iris and you do have a right to your own opinions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I love Misty! So fiery and hot-headed, just the type of thing to get me cookin' in the morning!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Someone reports the fighting going on in this thread and the Dawn thread and come to find out it's two people going back and forth fighting between two threads. Someone posts in the Dawn thread bashing Dawn, so someone from the Dawn thread runs off to the Misty thread and bashes Misty. And it goes back and forth and just messes up both threads. I don't mind someone saying "I don't like this character" list the reason and be done with it. But sticking around and fighting and running off to the other thread...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ is not to post in this thread ever again. Because if it happens these little fights will break out again. As for everyone else who doesn't like a character... how about this? You can post in the thread, you can give your reasons but then be done with the thread. Because hanging around bashing the character does nothing but start fights. Or keep to your own threads, if you don't like Dawn or Misty stay away from them threads. Awesome idea isn't it?

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
    Misty is my favorite character from the entire anime series, and my favorite gym leader overall. I definitely miss her!
    She just had the quirkiest, hotheaded personality that clashed so well with the others, and I loved her choice of Pokemon (Starmie and Horsea especially).
    I would love to see her again, even if it were for just one episode (but hopefully more than that!)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, at least the fights should die down for a while. I'm planning on bringing Misty back, that much I can say, even if it is repeated.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Was Misty's fear of bugs ever explained? I thought that was really girly for her, and I imagined her as one of the strongest-willed speaking of the female companions. Then again, she had that fear with Gyarados until she actually trained one...

I kind of have a mixed opinion on her. I really liked that she kept Ash in check, such as insulting him and messing with him, but that kind of masks that really deep friendship that they have. Like I said before, she has a really strong will and I admired that. She was also a tom-boy, and it was amusing whenever Ash commented on that. Though, she had a very fluctuating mood being angry and violent to sweet and optimistic at times.

I liked her character and situation, especially with how she can always relate with younger sibling characters. I remember specifically the episode where she met Ash in Hoenn, where she also met Max and she could relate to him easily.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I do hope Misty come back on the show,she was really the best character we ever had.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    Honestly, I found Misty to be the "least" annoying female partner.

And when I say least, I mean she's still annoying. Just much less than any other female sidekicks.

At times I actually really liked Misty. But after a few years of her I think it was time to see her go tbh. I enjoy having a whole new set of sidekicks.

Then again, I'm not a huge anime fan and I don't watch every episode :P

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Way to miss the joke, pal.
    Well, I hope it's a joke.

To answer the topic's question, no, I don't miss Misty. She was loud and obnoxious, and I don't like characters with those traits.

Well, I certainly hope you didn't like the Fiorello Fangirls in the episode Princess Vs. Princess, or the girls in Love Hina, because they had the traits you hate.

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Well, I certainly hope you didn't like the Fiorello Fangirls in the episode Princess Vs. Princess, or the girls in Love Hina, because they had the traits you hate.

Nice try. I've never watched that episode or Love Hina.

Years
    Um.... who's Misty? is she dawn?

I hope you were joking, that's for sure...

Misty was easily the best female companion Ash has had throughout the anime. She had all the characteristics a strong, confident female type should have.

They do need to bring her back into the anime, she is extremely missed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Nice try. I've never watched that episode or Love Hina.

I was actually being very serious with that statement, and without any intent of getting a rise out of you, so don't go all "nice try" on me. And, honestly, if you want to know for yourself, you could just watch the episode in question. Anyways, I already stated why I felt Misty was nothing like them, so repeating it is beating on a dead horse.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    In my opinion, every true pokémon-fan misses Misty. I mean, since she left... The show has just simply gone downhill.

I agree. The fact that the anime ratings didn't even improve after Johto (it actually ranked less from what I researched) in AG, and heck, even DP seemed to indicate that removing Misty ultimately turned out to be a big mistake. This is also further supported by the fact that Misty's reappearances in the anime actually resulted in a spike of ratings. If we don't bring Misty back soon, if we don't end up doing something to boost the ratings of the anime, the writers may inevitably do something stupid/desperate to get their ratings up like showing sex or something leud like that. Thats what the creators of West Wing did in the final season where they depicted Donna Moss and Josh sleeping together twice, or heck, what Acclaim did with the BMX series as a publicity stunt in the moral/financial/societal disaster known as BMX XXX, or what Tim Kring did with the final series of Heroes by, among other things, changing Claire Bennet's sexual orientation inexpliciably for absolutely no reason at all (not to mention they never even hinted at it once), having Hiro even meddle with time when he should have learned from the past two times he did so that he shouldn't, as well as making Noah Bennet a guy who considered cheating on his wife during Sylar's inevitable attack on Claire despite the fact that it was made very clear that one of the few redeemable aspects to HRG's character IS his extreme loyalty to his family. Do you guys honestly want that? I don't know about you, but I sure don't.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
    Years
    I agree. The fact that the anime ratings didn't even improve after Johto (it actually ranked less from what I researched) in AG, and heck, even DP seemed to indicate that removing Misty ultimately turned out to be a big mistake. This is also further supported by the fact that Misty's reappearances in the anime actually resulted in a spike of ratings. If we don't bring Misty back soon, if we don't end up doing something to boost the ratings of the anime, the writers may inevitably do something stupid/desperate to get their ratings up like showing sex or something leud like that. Thats what the creators of West Wing did in the final season where they depicted Donna Moss and Josh sleeping together twice, or heck, what Acclaim did with the BMX series as a publicity stunt in the moral/financial/societal disaster known as BMX XXX, or what Tim Kring did with the final series of Heroes by, among other things, changing Claire Bennet's sexual orientation inexpliciably for absolutely no reason at all (not to mention they never even hinted at it once), having Hiro even meddle with time when he should have learned from the past two times he did so that he shouldn't, as well as making Noah Bennet a guy who considered cheating on his wife during Sylar's inevitable attack on Claire despite the fact that it was made very clear that one of the few redeemable aspects to HRG's character IS his extreme loyalty to his family. Do you guys honestly want that? I don't know about you, but I sure don't.
    We don't want that. Eventually, that would happen, and that would be bad.... Then Ash would be doing something with Iris. Now that wouldn't be good. If they bring Misty back, maybe the show's ratings would increase and the show would be well-known again. I think I should send TPCi about that. Or not. They just wouldn't go to THAT extreme. But then the shows ratings may plummet and the anime would end.

Back