• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Who should attack first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I was battling online against a Garchomp (probably Jolly), so I decided to send my Modest Gengar against it.
    Now:
    Lv 50 Max Speed Jolly Garchomp's speed: 169
    Lv 50 Max Speed Modest Gengar's speed:162

So I decided to Megaevolve my Gengar in order to raise it's speed.

MegaGengar has a base speed of 130 like Aereodactyl:
    Lv 50 Max Speed Adamant Aereodactyl's speed:182

MegaGengar (182) vs Garchomp (169)

Garchomp attacked fist!!!!!!!

Why? Am I missing something? I'm new in the competitive battle game, so I'm asking you.
    (Garchomp didn't use DragonDance or something like that before.)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    He is most likely holding a Choice Scarf--which raises the user's speed by 50%. Or maybe you have less actual stats because of the IVs/EVs, but that is quite a long shot.

Though next time, you should ask questions about battling in this thread because this forum is dedicated to questions and feedback to the forum itself and not Pokemon. :]

EDIT:

It is simple, the attack order is decided before the Mega Evolution is executed. In the next round, your Mega-Gengar should attack first :)
    Regular Gengar still outspeeds non-Choice Scarf Garchomp so long as both of them has 252 Spe EVs and good natures. So yeah, it does not really matter.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • What the above poster said. I'm glad you got your answer but next time please ask in the Battle Centre if you've got questions like these since this is for PokéCommunity-related things only. Thanks. :]

-closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back