• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who still plays it?

Years
    • Age 35
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    I'm just curious, do anybody here still play the game anymore? I know most of us probably did ten years back, because it was the best thing since sliced bread. But now, its just way too boring and expensive for my taste.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, considering that there's an entire FORUM for it,...I'd say, YES, people do still play it.

Years
    • Age 35
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    People can still discuss it without still playing it. For example, there could be a topic about memories we have had back in the day, or how the TCG has evolved/devolved Pokemon's name as a respectable franchise. Just because there is a discussion board for it does not mean with a 100% gaurantee that people still play it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    People can still discuss it without still playing it. For example, there could be a topic about memories we have had back in the day, or how the TCG has evolved/devolved Pokemon's name as a respectable franchise. Just because there is a discussion board for it does not mean with a 100% gaurantee that people still play it.

Then why have a forum named "TCG Strategies" or "TCG Deck Reviewing"?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I've been playing it since 2000 and I've loved every minute. It's hardly boring what with all the amazing strategies and fascinating cards. I personally don't think it's too expensive - with how popular it is I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't rocketed the prices.

Plus, I go to a popular place with a tournament on every Saturday.

So there's your 100% guarantee that people still play it. Unless you don't believe me.

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • I can confirm also, I'm currently still active in common tournaments called "Liga" every Saturday, i'm also present at most pre-releases. I stopped with pokemon a long time since the only place to play it was far away. But recently a new story to play it has opened near my hometown so it's easily to play whenever i want. I also just try to complete my collection regarding Magma/Aqua and recent Holon series.

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • I don't play as in a League or an oficial event, but I used to play with my friends... I don't have TCG mates anymore, but I'm too attached to my cards...

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I play less than once a month at my localish shop, and usually a bit more with my mates.

Nein

Metallik Hasse
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2006
    I sill play, but I don't have a lot of the new cards. :/

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • I still play it, but only for fun. and sometimes i just vs myself to test out new decks and strategies.
    I do go to a local tournament once in a while though...

Back