• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Eusine should have been the Champion?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Who thinks Eusine should have been the Champion?
    Okay I know remakes have that whole nostalgia thing going, but come on, Eusine should be champion. Reasons Why...

-Dresses Sharp
    -Encounters you mulitiple times
    -Has his own cool theme music
    -Has an Alakazam
    -Lance was already E4
    -Lance has 3 of the same Pokemon, his ONLY Dragon Types
    -Nintendo is EVIL

Eusine fits perfectly into the champion cookie cutter, he really deserved it, and got the short end of the stick (Running around Johto looking for Suicune).

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    If HGSS was considered a completely new game, yes
    However, it was a remake, and the E4 and gym leaders and such is something that should NOT be changed in a remake.

If HGSS was considered a completely new game, yes
    However, it was a remake, and the E4 and gym leaders and such is something that should NOT be changed in a remake.

How'd THAT happen?

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    And Eusine is a crazy person who believes he can chase after a legendary being on foot. His team is also weak. And he was only in Crystal. And he doesn't do much story-wise. AND the fact that he has no battle theme, like SILVER.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    And Eusine is a crazy person who believes he can chase after a legendary being on foot. His team is also weak. And he was only in Crystal. And he doesn't do much story-wise. AND the fact that he has no battle theme, like SILVER.

thats what SHORT END OF THE STICK MEANS, if he was champion he would have Alakazam, Tyranitar, Porygon-Z, etc

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    He should have, since Lance was a former elite four, not to mention that he is one of the two champions (Lance and Wallace) that are monotype, and monotype champions are too easy, I prefer multitype champions like Green and Cynthia, because they provide 10x more of a challenge than monotype (I mean seriously, 3 DRAGONITE!?)

I think Eusine should have been the champion back when Crystal came out, since in 3rd gen, they changed the champion for the third game........

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ya I was thinking the same thing but HG/SS is more recent so I decided to put it here

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    hehe, could you imagine battling him:

"Hello, challenger, prepare to fight....
    WAIT! Was that a suicine?"

and in battle:
    IMPO screams "Suicine!"
    Eusine runs from battle looking for mythical creature....
    IMPO wins !

yay :D

_Kyle

Starting Fire Trainer
    Years
    Well since its a remake then no. But he is pretty badass so I would agree I would rather him being Champion then lance.

I never really liked Lance, although his cape was badass.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i thought by champion, he meant the 5th trainer you battle, like in every other game where u battle the E4.

would have been a good idea.

Kairyu444

Nearly.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Well, no. Eusine's just a weirdo who glomps around after Suicune. Lance is a more central character; and he's much cooler.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    I don't think Eusine could bring himself to settle down at the end of Victory Road and wait for Challengers to come and battle with him. He seems to have much more fun just running around Johto after Suicune, even if it is a bit strange.

Oh, and Lance has pink hair no qualms about sending bad people a Hyper Beam to the face. Something tells me Eusine is more than a bit lacking in that department.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    If Johto had it's own Elite Four, then yes, I think Eusine would be Champion. Let's say that Kanto's Elite Four never changed, meaning that it's still Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, and Blue (or Red?), while if Johto had it's own Elite Four, it would be Will, ???, ???, Karen, and Eusine.

And you guys are acting like he's not going to have a different team if he was Champion. OF COURSE HE WOULD, do you guys seriously think a Champion would use Pokemon at Lv25-27? Come on, guys...

-Has an Alakazam
    wat

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I don't think so.

I think, actually, that Silver should have been the champion. I mean, he wanted to be the strongest, wanted to defeat trainers and do all kinds of stuff. I think Silver should have been waiting for you at the end after Lance, kind of like Gary did. And Lance... He's way better than Eusine. In Pokemon and all. And he doesn't chase Suicune around like some madman. lol. Sometimes I really feel like Eusine would rape that Pokemon if he ever got his hands on it... And like Lance doesn't dress sharply? I'd say he dresses a LOT better than Eusine. ((More in the manga, but I still like his HG/SS outfit more than Eusine's.)) And Lance has more than three of the same Pokemon, lol. Not anymore, at least.

Lance or Silver.
    Way before Eusine, lol.

Back