• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who thinks it would be cool for pikachu to evolve for an episode?

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
Years
  • I think that would be really cool considering how long he's been a pikachu. Then Ash could turn him back with an everstone or something. Or maybe fit it into a movie:)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    An everstone does not reverse evolution, it stops it. Therefore if Pikachu evolved (which is only possible with a thunder stone) then it would be permanent. Even so the whole point of their relationship is that Pikachu doesn't need to evolve to be strong. It has proved this time and time again. It makes no sense as to why it should evolve.

Last edited:

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
  • I have to be honest here and say no. Pikachu has been the Pokemon flagship mascot and I don't think they would willingly change it so easily. For one older fans would most likely dislike the change while newer fans would welcome it. Ever since the start Pikachu was the main Pokemon shown in media so it helped with sales too. In my opinion I wish that they choose never to evolve Pikachu since if you think about it, a Raichu on Ash's shoulder wouldn't really look fitting. But in the end, it all matters to the person's opinion.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • Wow I got owned lol. Its been a while since I've really been into pokemon so my knowledge is a little fuzzy. I still think it would be a cool movie idea though.:) Then riachu could magically turn back into pikachu strengthening their bond even further.

Years
  • I fully agree with NovaStar. Pikachu is literally Pokémon's mascot, they'd have to recreate many things if Pikachu was to evolve into a Raichu. Many people know Pokémon because of Pikachu's appearance. If it evolved, I would be surprised. I just hope they'd turn the Raichu back into a Pikachu. With Pikachu's choice in not being a Raichu strengthens the bond between Ash and Pikachu

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • You all seem to think if he evolves it will change pokemon forever. But if it was just for a special or a movie they wouldn't have to change their mascot. I totally argree that pikachu should stay pikachu, but wow not even for a movie or something? Some people are so narrow minded, is no one here open to new ideas? Every idea I've had so far has been shut down by literally everyone who replys:( Mark my words they'll change him someday for a special or a movie.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • As much as I hate the anime, evolving Pikachu would be the stupidest thing they ever did. Pikachu clearly told Ash (with Meowth's translation) that he doesn't want to evolve when Ash battled Lt. Surge and his Raichu. He wanted to stay a Pikachu.

It is Pokemon's mascot and evolving it would end the anime as we know it.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • Thats why they make him evolving an accident and in the end he changes back. Haha I think you guys take this a bit to seriously, doing this for one episode or a movie "will not" end pokemon. Unless of course all the viewers are retarded and not open to new ideas. I mean come on, that would be the worlds most retarded reason for ending an anime. Especially one as good as pokemon.

TDCass

Glitch Trainer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    Well, look at it this way: If Pikachu DOES evolve in an episode/movie, how would they explain him going back to a Pikachu? De-evolutions have never happened before in Pokemon(to my recollection), and they likely never will.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • But thats the magic of cartoons they can find a way to de evolve him and end it really good. But I give up now, I thought atleast one person would back me on this:( Feel free to bash my idea all you want, I'm done.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Honestly, the only way I see this happening is for the final episode of the series in a blaze of in-the-midst of the final battle glory. The writers will never allow it otherwise. Like everyone said, Pikachu is the series mascot.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • i could see it happan in some special movie like mewtwo returns/mirage master.
    like the region is under attack? like take kanto/pallet town for example that would really hype ash up. and ash/ pikachu broke up the pika realized the ash was in trouble and took ashes thunderstone and evolves and goes behind ashes back or something then ash finds out and wakes up with pika next to him n not riachu. lol

Pokemon Ranger Lisa

Without a voice...
    Years
  • for an episode or a movie maybe, but I don't think it will ever happen. I mean it would be cool to see, but like they said, it would ruin the mascot. I think that if it happened for an episode it could be one that doesn't go along with the series, like isn't official. ^ ^

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • pikachu will never evolve, whether during an episode a movie or a special. the only thing i could ever see happening is something like an accident where pikachu's mind somehow gets switched with a raichu's. ash's pikachu will definitely never evolve.

also, to go along with your actual question, i don't think it would be cool for pikachu to evolve during an episode (or ever).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    the only thing i could ever see happening is something like an accident where pikachu's mind somehow gets switched with a raichu's. ash's pikachu will definitely never evolve.
    I would watch that episode!

On topic - Never gonna happen, it would be great to see the little rat evolve but to be honest Pikachu has always shown that it wants to show it doesn't need to evolve to be powerful!

Years
  • Ash died in Pokémon movie 1, how do you expect him to come back in anime episodes? Yes, he resurrected because it is fantasy and fiction. Turn your head away, huge spoiler is coming:

Spoiler:

Now that is out of the way so yeah, Ash turned to stone and pretty much died and tears of Pokémon resurrected him. Ash's Pikachu could easily turn to Raichu and with Team Rocket's super duper secret machine he would turn back, anime has always loopholes.

I personally would love if Ash would evolve that piece of ****, Pikachu has been very useless against Paul and other important characters in Sinnoh. Or Ash could catch another Pikachu and make it Raichu. Raichu's are cool.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't think it would be. It would ruin the character and it just wouldn't look right :/

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • The only way I could see this happening was if Ash and Co. were under the spell of some Psychic Pokémon. So they would all think Pikachu had evolved, until some point where they realize everything is just an illusion. Then they'd be zapped back to the real world and Ash would be so happy that his Pikachu is still his Pikachu. xD

As for it happening permanently...not a chance. =P

Back