• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Magnus should replace Bruno

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Okay this is sort of like my thread on Eusine replacing Lance.

Anyway, when I was first playing HG and saw the new buff guy with a Poliwrath, I was so happy, I thought they'd ditched Bruno. Reality's a biatch.

I mean Lance going from E4 to champion is sorta bad, but staying in the E4 from Generation to Generation, major no no.

They made Magnus, but without major purpose, he could have made an excellent E4, his team could have looked like:

MAGNUS'S TEAM:

Spoiler:

Kairyu444

Nearly.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    It's a good idea for a future game, but HGSS are remakes and he wasn't in the original.

Maybe he was a top trainer in another region who got tired of battling all the time.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, let's... wait... Magnus? No idea who he is, I just know Magnius. Bruno's good as-is, stop complaining.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Who the hell is Magnus? Besides, seeing that it's a remake, they weren't going to change who was in the Elite Four. That wouldn't have been too bright.

Okay, after looking up who Magnus is...umm...yeah. Random Pokethlon dude ftl.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    I enjoyed Bruno, as he was/is my favorite E4 member. Magnus is fine for Pokeathlon, but yeah, would have been lame as heck to see him as an E4 member.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Who the hell is Magnus?
    Bruno is great, especially with his new Fighting team, it owns.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    For thos who don't know who Magnus is, this is straight off Bulbapedia:

Magnus (Japanese: コブシ Kobushi) is the founder of the Pokéathlon Dome in Johto, located near to the National Park. His only known Pokémon is a Poliwrath, which follows him around. Upon entering the Friendship Room, he will congratulate the player.

Years
    Never really knew who that guy was. Never seen him in game either. :/
    It's a remake so of course Bruno should be the one in the E4 though I love Magnus' team with the Heracross inclusion.

Volumknappen

Legendary Pokenoob
    Years
    Ok, everyone knows that it is a remake so E4 can't be changed.
    I don't think the founder of the Pokeathlon should know more about Pokemon and fighting than Bruno. It's like the Safari dude should also come in the E4. xD

But anyways, why do you hate him so much? Poor Bruno has done nothing wrong. :p

Back