• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who thinks your Hp and PP should get fully restored when you level up

Should your pokemon Recover When you level up

• No it Shouldn't

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Yes it should

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Me and My Friend were talking about the future games of pokemon and he mentioned something about when pokemon Levels up it Should get its HP and PP fully Restored i am against the Idea because it makes it a bit to easy and when i play pokemon i prefer a good challenge.
    So what do all of you people think

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I disagree with adding it, why add another feature that makes the game easier. Do we really need to make it less of a challenge? :/ It's a nice thought, but I think it's pointless honestly.

When get a year older you don't go straight to perfect health! ):<

Jokes aside, I don't see it happening. I mean, if they did add it, I would really dislike it. It'd add such a boost when playing the Elite Four and Gym Leaders. ;/ Nice thought, but shouldn't happen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That would make it a heckuva lot easier to beat the first couple of gym leaders. Some pokemon gain two levels midfight! Nah, I agree with BeachBoy, it's an unnecessary feature, and pokemon needs to be getting more difficult rather than less difficult.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Dudes I totally agree! I always thought it was weird that they never go up when you grew a level... lol

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • No way. I know there are some games that do restore health and such, once a level has been attained, (its saved me no end of times, when I've been playing them; I just can't quite remember which game it was... >.> ) but it doesn't exactly promote much of a challenge, if it did occur. I'd pretty much agree with BeachBoy on this; that it'd be a pretty redundant feature in the game, and that I think I'd rather dislike it, despite the convenience it would give, over training Pokemon.

On top of that, it would somewhat defy both ends of the scale, as well; Pokemon take a beating, and need to be healed at Pokemon Centers. If you add a Level Up Recovery feature, Pokemon Centers almost become redundant. Well... aside from the Union Room and WiFi Center, that is.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I agree with everyone else; it'd be way to easy if you filled up your Exp bar with only a little to go and went to fight the E4 or something. It would make buying items and healing redundant. =/

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    It'd kinda destroy the point of Poke Centres :P I like the idea that I have to go to one to recover my Pokes for free, otherwise I have to use many recovery items. If a Pokemon recovered every level it gained, it'd be a bit random.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • I thought about it before, and I figured no. Because early on in the game you level up quickly and so you'd pretty much NEVER be in trouble and NEVER need to go to a Pokemon Center.

It might be nice when you're around level 70, but even still, that's what items are for.

Years
  • I am against the idea of HP restoring when you level up, but I am FOR HP gradually restoring as you wander around.

(Like x% every x steps you take. you get it)

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I don't agree with it, because you could use a Rare Candy and be fully restored, it would be like a Pokemon Center Item, Plus it would make the game too easy.

Back