• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the hardest Champion for you?

Who was the hardest Champion for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The hardest Champion for me would have to be Cynthia. Since Blue was the rival I already knew pretty much his whole team from previous battles and I already had someone on my team that could counter each Pokemon on his team. Lance, Steven, and Wallace all had a type theme, so I could just make sure to have a Pokemon or two that could essentially solo them due to type alone. Since I didn't have to defeat Alder the first time around, by the second time I had already leveled my team up enough to be able to easily defeat him and the rest of the Elite Four. However, with Cynthia my team was pretty much on the same level as hers and I wasn't able to exploit any type weaknesses so that made her the hardest Champion in my book.

LadyAyeka

Warlord of Aurora
    Years
  • I think Cynthia is the hardest Champion I've fought. I had to fight her twice I remember because I whited out the first time. The main challenge with her is that darn Spiritomb - being Ghost/Dark, it is immune to everything. I remember I ended up defeating it with an Electric-type, my logic being that, it was just a big ball of gas, so why not use Electric-type moves on it?

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Tied between Blue and Cynthia for me. Both of their teams are very well balanced, so there's no easily exploitable weakness that most/all of their Pokemon share, nor will one single strategy work. This really puts you on your toes when your Pokemon may already be hurting from fighting the Elite Four.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't recall having huge difficulty defeating Cynthia. At least not any more than is typical of a champion.

Not to sound hard or anything but I really can't think of a champion that made me pull my hair out or stalled me for any notable length of time. I've been playing pokemon since the 1st generation too. I suppose I'd say Steven at a stretch.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • With the whole E4 team itself being pretty difficult, Cynthia was just the huge cherry on top putting the Sinnoh E4 as the one I've personally found the hardest. I remember being so close to beating her the first time around, but when I came around to Milotic, who I believe was her final Pokémon, I ended up losing even though the Pokémon I was using was an Electric type. It may just've been my Pokémon being underleveled and not well enough trained, but I always found her very difficult to beat.

Blue was also a pretty hard champion, and the one I personally liked the most, mainly because you came to know him as a rival, though all the battles with him throughout the game made the final battle less of an accomplishment, since you already knew his team in and out, and you had already defeated him countless times. But yeah, I found his team pretty hard too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    Cynthia was by far the hardest champion to beat in the entire Pokemon series. I never lost to a champion until Cynthia in Pokemon Diamond. She beat me twice and i was able to beat her when she foolishly used Giga impact on my Torterra with Garchomp. I countered with Wood Hammer and beat her Milotic and Lucario easily.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Cynthia by far. I was actually unable to beat Pearl because of her team. After many years I finally decided to just trade over some Lv100's just to get it over with. Not only is her team incredibly balanced, but those perfect IV's really do add a lot in terms of non-EV-trained stats.

Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle

I like superheroes.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2012
    Blue until I learned how to clone rare candies and catch Mew haha.

Cynthia though due to my lack of electric pokemon against her Milotic and Togekiss. :/

KidJaejae

Homunculus-based Trainer
    Years
  • For me, it'd probably have to be Lance, due to his Dragonite triplets.
    I never managed to have any kind of Ice-type Pokemon or Ice-type moves to use against them, only the types that the Dragonites resisted (Fire, Electric, etc) With that being the case, it was pretty difficult.

As for the other champions, I didn't find much trouble with them.

Theta Rex

Euclid
    Years
  • Lance in HG/SS due to, as mentioned before, all the Dragonites in his team. It was at that point I began to regret not hunting for an Ice-type Pokemon or moves compatible with the ones I had. His other Pokemon were more often than not quite a barrage too, though to a lesser degree.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Lance in HG/SS. Although, most of his dragons were wiped by my dragon: A LV 62 Red Gyarados that knew Ice Beam and Blizzard. He wanted to play dragons, I can play dragons!

Cynthia was a piece of cake. My "imported-from-Emerald" Swampert at LV 100 easily beat her.

The second hardest, IMO, was Blue. Geh.

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
    Years
  • Blue durring the rematch was hard Cynthia's garchop was killed with close combat adler was SO EASY lance i had typhlosion Draco a dragonite and HYDRA the shiny gyarados Wallace challenge killed all my pokemon 1st try but after you beat he doesn't get stronger Steven easy

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • Easily Cynthia, she swamped my team with that purely evil Garchomp ._. along with her other team members. Spiritomb having no weaknesses, Milotic also a nightmare ( shudders.)

Other than that, Lance and his three Dragonites. Seriously, I thought one was bad enough but THREE?!

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
    Years
  • Lance, without a doubt. I had a very tough time battling him as a kid, mostly because I never bothered to catch and train an ice-type Pokémon. While Pokémon Gold may have underleveled trainers, Lance was the hardest Pokémon Champion to me. He had three Dragonites...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Please don't respond to threads that haven't been posted in for over a month. I'mma close this now. Thanks.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back