• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who was the most difficult gym leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I am among the many Whitney haters here. Especially of her Miltank. I hate its Attract... heck, I hate all its moves. I also think it's odd how its speed is so high... heck, how all of its stats are so high. I just managed to beat her in my Gold game, with a team that was all male except for my Quilava (who I didn't dare use because it would get owned by Rollout). I ended up beating Miltank with my Level 23-ish, male Flaaffy.

I don't hate Clair anywhere as much as I hate fighting Whitney, but I do agree that she's hard to beat.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2007
    Whitney was hard and if I remember correctly the Ice Type one gave me some trouble too.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    The hardest was...Whitney,Claire..THAT MILKTAN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! The stupid rollout <_< It had my croconaw crying! :( I had to train it to a ferligator before I could beat whitney sad really <_< and claire with her stupid kingra and dragonairs all they would do to me is paralyze me with there dragonbeath I should quote the song "paralyzer by finger eleven" HAHAHA becuase with claire all i felt was paralasis :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    I find Morty a little challenging. His gengar's hyponitize+dream eater is nasty, and I normally do not carry awakening with me...

For Clair's Kingdra...I pulled out my alazakam, then quickly switched into a weak pokemon. Then---Hyper beam...knocked out my weak pokemon, and my Alazakam used psychic on it twice to beat it.

Years
    i didnt find any of the gym trainers in Gold hard expect for on the island (the fighting gym), he would use a poliwarth with a hynotise-lock on-dynamic punch combo. eventually smash him with a gayrados with dragon rage

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    Honestly I thought Clair was easy. My feraligator scored a critical with slash, plus kingdra was 2 levels lower.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    Whitney was very annoying. I lost to her one time and then beat her the next. Curse you Miltank. Claire was pretty hard as well, But i beat her on my first try..barely.

Gamewhale

lol --
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Whitney for me. Her Miltank always owned my poor Quilava. I eventually beat it with the Machop I got from the guy in the Dept. Store.

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    im not gonna lie,to beat Whitney....i had to clone my starter pokemon, i didnt wanna do it ,but i really wanted to win.....anyways is it safe to say that if there was a All-Star Gym leader list Whitney would be on it?

Gyoka

Metamaster - Lvl 1 Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I was dumb enough to choose Chikorita and not pick up a geodude or any other good pokemon before battling Falkner. I-hit KO to my Chikorita and all my lvl 3-4 weaklngs. Finally got lucky with rattata.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    For me Jasmine was the hardest. I started off with Chikorita and when I fought her the only pokemon that could really do anything was an under leveled Gyarados so I got beat pretty badly. Glad those days of patheticness are over.

Whitney was friggin easy what the heck?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Wow. Despite the problems everyone has had with Whitney, I sent her crying without one fainted Pokemon. Claire, however, was a pain.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    Claire was hardest to me, although I didn't lost to her, but it's really hard, the kingdra has no weakness...

Angelix

You are a pirate!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    Claire and Whitney were the most annoying for me, like alot of other people.

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    hmhm

Wow. Despite the problems everyone has had with Whitney, I sent her crying without one fainted Pokemon. Claire, however, was a pain.

really.....what was your team composed of? which starter did you pick?....just wondering...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back