• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who was the most difficult gym leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    I strongly disliked the gym leader that used that Miltank pokemon,i think it was Whitney in goldenrod...she used to drive me CRAZY! that dumb Miltank would use Rollout over and over again... she still gives me nightmares...lol

shuyin

PokeSprite Helper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Hmmm. I think I hated Whitney as well, her and that dang rollout. Everytime I battled her rollout seemed to 1-hit all of my Pokemon, it was terribly annoying.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well Whitney caused me no end of trouble when i first played Crystal...She sent me running home whimpering like a whipped pup with it's tail tucked between it's legs 3 times before i finally managed to beat her...stupid miltank..

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I always thought Claire in G/S/C was really hard to beat, especially with her Kingdra. Every time I face her, I'm always under leveled making the fight extra hard.

Also, Jasmin from G/S/C with her Steelix could be dangerous sometimes as well. It's suicide going into that battle without a pokemon that will give super effective hits, although luckily the accuracy of iron tail is what usually saves me.

Inugami

Years
  • For me was Whitney. Her Miltank kept attacking me and healing itself. I still remember that from my elementary school days. Clair was also hard, She had like 3 dragonairs and 1 knigdra. Kanto gym leaders were easy though.

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    with a chikorita as a starter, bugsy's gym was pretty hard at the beginning, with his scyther.

jammi567

Definatly Whitney, as she has normal types, and no damn weaknesses to exploit.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2009
    Heh, it would have to be Whitney for me as well.I'll bet she gamesharked her Miltank's Stats.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • G/S/C... I can hardly remember that. But I do remember Whitney being a painp with her Miltank when I was battling. That was the only part I think.

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    Meh!

Heh, it would have to be Whitney for me as well.I'll bet she gamesharked her Miltank's Stats.

that did seem like the only logical explanation didnt it...lol, i mean her Miltank was only like level 20 (which doesnt seem like much now) , but it was so strong, it drove me crazy...

Last edited:

thepog

Wifi Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Whitney

I Had so much trouble with her milk tank! I was so anoyed! Grr! I was about 9 then, I was so anoyed i trained 4 of my pokemon to lvl 40 with wild Pokemon and rematchs, but after that, I stoped all problams (Apart from Claire) Grr Dragon types :(

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • If they ever made a GSC remake I'll start strategizing right now
    Rollout was only a good move in G/S/C, from 3rd gen onwards it just wasn't worth using anymore. If there was a remake, I'm pretty sure Whitney wouldn't be using Rollout, seeing as that move's capabilities have been reduced so much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back