• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was your favorite starter

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    Very hard to say for me, I reckon all the starters are good depending on how you use them. They all have their pros and cons.
    Personally, I dont think there is 'The Strongest Starter'

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I'm on the fence with Mudkip and Squirtle. I love the both of them! I'd probably have to go with Mudkip though since I love Swampert more than I like Blastoise.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pikachu or Mudkip (Swampert). They were very useful in the games and are good pokémon whatsoever (PITY Pikachu couldn't evolve though >.<)

Ayselipera

Johto - Chikorita
    Hoenn - Torchic
    Sinnoh - Turtwig

My all time favorite would have to be Chikorita because its a solid grass type and the cutest starter ever.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    1. Chikorita, absolutely. <3
    2. Charmander
    3. Piplup

Those three are my all-time favorites, and I love every single evolution. For some reason, I never liked any of the Hoenn starters.

King!

better
    Years
    Ahhhhh........gooooood tiiimes........

OKay, let's start.

There are three. (In no particular order)

1) Treecko~~ Treecko got me started on the whole "Pokemon" thing. AND IT'S SOOOOO CUTE!
    2)Torchic~~ Various reasons. Such as my plush. IT's cooler than cool. lol.
    3) Piplup) PIPLUP, FTW!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Lesse...

Kanto: Bulbasaur, because I honestly think he deserves more love.
    Johto: TOTODILE F.T.W. Totodile was my first ever Pokemon, and will always be one of my top favorites.
    Hoenn: Mudkip, had Mudkip on my Ruby, and always will. |3
    Sinnoh: Turtwig. I have more love for my Turtwig than my Chimchar my first Pearl file, sooo... yeah.

Wow... I must be an odd ball, not liking a single fire pokemon the most. XD;;;

Celph Titled

iBattle
    Years
    first it was Charmander, then i played emerald and Mudkip grew on me. i also like water type pokes now because of him, LOL

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Squritle is another personal favorite starter. I've done a lot with it in my FireRed game, so I can't forget to mention it as one of my favorites.

Years
    Squirtle has always been my favorite...but then, I've always been partial to Water-types. If we're going only by unevolved forms...

1. Squirtle
    2. Totodile
    3. Chikorita
    4. Bulbasaur
    5. Pikachu
    6. Charmander
    7. Cyndaquil
    8. Treecko
    9. Mudkip
    10. Torchic
    11. Turtwig
    12. Piplup
    13. Chimchar

I really don't like any of the Sinnoh starters... >_>

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I basically answered what my Favorite starters were in the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn so I might as well mention my favorite Sinnoh Starter xD This of course will be Turtwig, its final stage as absolutely brilliant to me.

Staarbit

The Brawl Addict
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Kanto: Charmander
    Johto: Cyndaquil
    Hoenn: Mudkip
    Sinnoh: Chimchar

Hoenn was the only region I ever chose a starter other than the fire type. I really hated Torchic >.>

Back