• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was your Gen 7 Starter?

Who was your starter?

• Litten

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Rowlett

Votes: 39 37.5%

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • I started with Rowlet in Sun, but quickly wanted to change to Litten. I love Decidueye still, but I have started to like Litten and its line more.

So this time around, I will probably be starting with Litten in US.

There was only 1 fire pokemon that I bothered using and I just don't like Salandite and Salazzle anymore. Plus there are far more Grass type pokemon that I didn't use because I chose Decidueye.

Vindra

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    I chose Popplio. I really like Rowlet but I'm a sucker for fairy types. It's tough to say which one I truly prefer, though!

Years
  • Now I'm noticing the expected placements on the poll - Rowlet being in first place, then Litten and Popplio being last.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Now I'm noticing the expected placements on the poll - Rowlet being in first place, then Litten and Popplio being last.

Well I just ruined that with my vote. I chose Popplio in Moon and Litten in Sun, but I wasn't a huge fan of Litten and its line. I may go for Rowlet in USUM just so I can say I tried all three starters.

Popplio is my favorite all the way.

Years
  • Rowlett was my starter. I thought he was going to be the best one, turned out to not be true at all. Decidueye kind of sucks.

I can see the disappointment. Personally I feel Rowlet's line is statistically the worst matchup against most of the major bosses in the game, and as we know Grass-type starters tend to do the worst in the main story compared to the Fire and Water options.

I feel Decidueye's stats are a problem. It should have been more physical-based rather than being mixed, and the high Sp. Defense felt unnecessary. Its Speed feels mediocre and it falls easily to physical attackers as well, so Sucker Punch tends to pose a huge threat to it.

Basically, the only reason why Rowlet is the most chosen starter is solely due to Decidueye's design. I feel this generation saw people care way too much about design with the starter choices, which explained why Popplio was so hated. Its design felt too "derpy" to them, but oh man Primarina proved them wrong.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • I can see the disappointment. Personally I feel Rowlet's line is statistically the worst matchup against most of the major bosses in the game, and as we know Grass-type starters tend to do the worst in the main story compared to the Fire and Water options.

I feel Decidueye's stats are a problem. It should have been more physical-based rather than being mixed, and the high Sp. Defense felt unnecessary. Its Speed feels mediocre and it falls easily to physical attackers as well, so Sucker Punch tends to pose a huge threat to it.

Basically, the only reason why Rowlet is the most chosen starter is solely due to Decidueye's design. I feel this generation saw people care way too much about design with the starter choices, which explained why Popplio was so hated. Its design felt too "derpy" to them, but oh man Primarina proved them wrong.

Yeah, I chose him because I fell out of love with Littens design the moment I saw his second evolution, and then hated his final evolution every bit as much as the fox from the last gen.
    They had a FIRE FOX and a FIRE KITTEN and ruined both of what should had been the two most epic and cool starters in pokemon history.

oh well. The second thing that made me choose the owl is how cute its "hey look at me I can see you, head twisty thing" it does.

Years
  • Yeah, I chose him because I fell out of love with Littens design the moment I saw his second evolution, and then hated his final evolution every bit as much as the fox from the last gen.
    They had a FIRE FOX and a FIRE KITTEN and ruined both of what should had been the two most epic and cool starters in pokemon history.

Ah yes, the issue of quadruped Fire starters becoming bipedal when they evolve, resulting in unpopular final stages. It's plagued the last three generations, and shows why people want 8th Gen to desperately have a quadruped for the Fire starter's final stage.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • Ah yes, the issue of quadruped Fire starters becoming bipedal when they evolve, resulting in unpopular final stages. It's plagued the last three generations, and shows why people want 8th Gen to desperately have a quadruped for the Fire starter's final stage.

It's not so much the bipedal thing, its just that the design itself was terrible. If I was doing our cute little fire fox, its final evolution would had looked more like sensei golden tail from MTG.

As for Litten, It would had looked a lot more like a saber toothed fire tiger.

Mister Torgue

Banned
    Years
  • I went rowlett mainly since ive used water and fire starters very often in the past games. It was rare if me to run a grass starter aside from Gen 1 as well as Fire Red/Lead Green.

Back