• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who was your starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I like Turtwig but it's too slow for me and since I can't stand Chimchar I always pick Piplup and if I'm looking for a challenging playthrough I'll go with Turtwig. I have never chosen Chimchar since Diamond and Pearl came out in the first place.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    My starter is Turtwig because I like him better than the other ones. I like his moves, his disign, and how he acts.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    chimchar line is good for the grass gym, the ghost gym, the steel gym, and though I havent tried yet due to charger failure I'm sure it will destroy the E4 bug trainer and do decent against the E4 fire trainer and on a side note after staravia sweeps the fighting gym up until that annoying lucario, monferno destroys it

flamegod7

retsaM nomékoP
    Years
    Turtwig, mainly because I've usually picked a fire-type on previous game and wanted to try something different this time around... and Chimchar just didn't appeal to me.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    My starter was Turtwig just like Paul, because his pro.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Mine was Chimchar, because Infernape is a beastly tank!

Watch out! Infernape is mowing down gym leaders!

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    J'ai choisi Chimchar, parce que Chimchar est indomptable. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My starter was Piplup for Diamond and Platinum. I always go with the water starter in my "main" game (Diamond, in this case), and I just felt like going with it again in Platinum.

Turtwig was my starter in Pearl, because I thought it looked cool and I wanted to try using a grass starter for once.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Both copies of Platinum-Chimchar
    Diamond-Piplup
    Pearl-Turtwig

In all cases, I had a tough time choosing.

Mahtale

Lives are overrated.
    Years
    I picked Turtwig in Diamond. I'm not the biggest fan of this generation's starters, though. I'm not sure what it is; they just didn't sit right with me I suppose. I liked many other Pokemon of this generation, but not the starters.

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    I chose Chimchar cause I always pick the fire starters.
    This time around I think I'll pick Piplup though

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I chose plipup because i can say confidently empleon is the best starter i ever had!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back