• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Now that the English release dates have been announced, I've decided finally on Cyndaquil. I'm usually a Grass-starter person, but I adore Cyndaquil and am not too found of Chikorita. >_>;

Jemzx

Guardian Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    The most I like of the three is Totodile...also it was my first choice in the old silver game

chocolademelk

maître pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    Probably Chikorita-- cute and a challenge! I really like Cyndaquil but the game (at least the original G/S/C) seemed to go really fast with him. With Meganium, the Radio Tower in Goldenrod was so difficult but exciting!

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I'm using Chikorita because it was my starter in my old Gold Version. And I always love a good challenge,

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Since I chose Totodile as my starter for my first play-through of the Japanese ROM, I'll be choosing Cyndaquil. :P

Rеd

Indigo League Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Cyndaquil, but only as a sad replacement for Charmander.

1st generation starters were the only good starters. >.> I'll probably fill my team with Hoothoots in a desperate attempt to dump my 2nd gen. starter as fast as possible.

Back