• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    Chikorita. The grass types need love!!! Plus I like a good challenge.

im not evovling to final stages at all once i get the game

my team will be

cyndaquil
    krappy
    hoothoot or pigiotto
    drowzee
    pincer
    flaffy or maganmite

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    I'm not going to evolve my starters, I do this every game. Simply due to the fact that your rival is always going to have a counter for them, and things can be far more versatile should you choose to level a Gengar, Hypno, Ampharos, Arcanine, Sudowoodo etc.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Cyndaquil will probably be my preferred starter. I just think its final stage looks better. Feraligator looks like a gator on steroids and Meganium is just ugly.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    I'll be taking Chikorita, :)

I know how to train this pokemon than the 2 other starters, so yeah, I'll go with this! : D

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'll be choosing Cyndaquil since that's the one I used in Silver, and because I find it to be the easiest to use.

Rapide

Self-esteemed Wumbologist.
    Years
    Back in the day of Pokemon Gold and Silver, the kids would always choose.... Nope! I don't want to make things boring. lol ^^ Anyways, I would choose Cyndaquil! Fire-types are awesome and Cyndaquil was my original pick! It never failed me. (When I challenged Red, my Typhlosion was level 89, but the others were like in the 20's. hehe.)

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Totodile on soulsilver and cynderquill in heartgold or the other way around not sure at the moment but im getting both on the first day

Yukima

Mad Scientist
    Years
    Cyndaquil on HeartGold and Chikorita on SoulSilver. I like them both, but Cyndaquil just a little more, and I always played Gold (and Crystal) more than Silver...

Back