• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Years
  • Well, my brother and I have a method to both get all three of them, but I think my primary choice of the three has to be Cyndaquil, easily the most bad-ass starter there has ever been.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I plan on choosing Totodile in HG (just like I did in Gold) and Cyndaquil in SS. I'm probably going to trade myself the other starters as soon as possible, so I'll still play through with all of them, though.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I personally dislike all three. When I first played Silver, I chose Cydnaquil cuz it was a Fire-Type, and when it evolved into Typhlosion I was awe-struck, but now that I'm older, I dislike Typhlosion's design and the fact that all three are pure-types is another turn-off. I'll be picking Cydnaquil though.

Years
  • I know how you feel, Pichu. In Kanto, you get only one pure Starter, however Johto has only pures. In case of this, Sinnoh would be the best, but...The Starters are fugly...

But yeah, Cyndaquil is the only good one. Eruption is awesome, but Feraligatr rocks too....what should I do...

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Cyndaquil or Totodile.
    Most likely gonna have a Cyndaquil for my English SS.

My Japanese SS and HG I chose Cyndaquil for both of them.
    But since I re-started my HG, I chose a Totodile.

Years
  • Totodile. He is the awesomeness.

My only problem will be that I really want to have the Shiny Gyrados in my team, but I'm already getting a Dratini, so I'll have a Dragon Pokemon...

Eh, maybe Cyndaquil, I'll decide when I get the game. It would make more sense to go with Cyndaquil...

Aw, I hate logic.

JohtoFanboy

Johto's Champion
    Years
  • I dunno. It's gonna be hard for me to decide since I like all the starters, but I guess it's gonna be a tie beetween Totodile and Cyndaquil. Mostly 'cause they're both really powerful on their final evolution.

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
    Years
  • Chikorita (sp?) I usually use fire (that's my favorite type) but for some reason, I feel the urge to use Chikorita in these games. Wish me luck...First gym Flying>Grass Second gym Bug>Grass...Man, this is gonna suck.

kingjay99

you cant get better then me
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Cyndaquil, cause when silver/gold came out i was 4 and a scaredy cat(not much changed:PJK:P) and feraligatr gave me nightmares, and meganium is just plain weird... so i always chose cyndaquil...

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • CYNDAQUIL! because he has an advantage over alot of gyms in the game, and also if you choose him, your whole team pretty much falls into place.............

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    im going with totodile because i picked him in gold. i already have my team planned out ;)

Back