• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who would have won the battle between Mew & Mewtwo?

Who would have won?

• Mew

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters

Vendour

Water & Fire Pokemon Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    It seems their battle would have been a standstill. Their fight was a standstill throughout its entire duration. There's no reason to conclude that Mewtwo would have won their fight, because Mewtwo showed absolutely no superiority over Mew in any way. Regardless of any verbal hyperboles, the movie clearly showed that Mewtwo was not stronger than Mew. Mewtwo simply had a very aggresive attitude.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I think its fair to say Mewtwo would have won, not for reasons of stength (though he did have more raw power than Mew) but personality wise. At the time he was still completely merciless - Mew was just there to toy with him, but given half a chance Mewtwo would most likely have struck him down.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mewtwo for me just seems so much more powerful, I don't know whether it's because he's double Mew's size but just seems fierce.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • One, I don't think you can go on the game levels not only for the reason that the anime and games aren't linked, but the pokemon's level would be diffrent depending on the situtation. With mewtwo, it was meant to be a hard challenge to beat him down, therefore higher level. The mew was a special event remember, and I know I for one wouldn't want to be unable to catch the rare beast because I screwed up or it was too difficult (Anyone with the right game can get a mewtwo, your lucky to even encounter mew!) I may not be the best at explaining things, but thats the way I see it.

Second, I vote mew. Keep in mind mew has been alive for a very long time, mewtwo has only been around for a couple years or less, even with all that fancy training, mew would have more experince then mewtwo. (And I don't mean that as in level)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    Don't you guys get it? The entire point of the First Movie was to demonstrate that there is effectively no difference between the 'normal' Pokemon and the clones. For their entire battle Mew and Mewtwo were in a complete deadlock; neither one could outdo the other. Neither one could even inflict any damage on the other because they were so evenly matched. While it's true that in the movie the clones seem to have higher Sp. Att stats than the 'normal' Pokemon, this does not seem to be the case with Mewtwo, or if it was then Mew's slight disadvantage was offset by its sheer willpower.

Which one of them would have won had Ash not intervened? The answer is neither of them. They would have either continued fighting indefinitely, or they would have destroyed each other. That is clearly what the movie was implying, for both Mewtwo and the rest of the clones.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I pretty agree with Fanghur...
    I think none of them would have won. Maybe Mewtwo seems to be more powerful being so aggressive, but actually their strenghts are equal.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Mew would win because due to the first movie mew was able to show mewtwo that making pokemon fight each other isn't a good thing

Back