• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who would win out of the Starter Trio's?

Who would win out of the Starter Trio's?

• 1st Gen: Kanto

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 2nd Gen: Johto

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 3rd Gen: Hoenn

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 4th Gen: Sinnoh

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • There all equal in there own ways

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Dual typing has nothing to do with strength. If I go by those standards Delibird is more powerful than Raikou :/

It's Hoenn. Swampert and Infernape are the two best starters ever...seriously. they cancel each other out. Blaziken is a lot better than people give it credit for. Give it agility or a Choice Scarf and you've got a monster. It's like an Agility Metagross that can hit Skarmory!

BTW I'd really like to see Mixape outspeed Sceptile and survive a Choice Specs bomb. Also Blaziken with Choice Scarf will take down Infernape with ease. Swampert would actually beat Torterra since it's slightly faster and can OHKO with Ice Beam. Emploeon would kill the poor thing with Grass Knot. If it lacked that than Swameprt would win!

But really, you can eliminate the first generation because Blastoise is average, Charizard is really meh...only Venusaur can REALLY compete in top-tier battles.

The 2nd generation is also a mess. Feraligatr is a poor man's Gyarados and Typhlosion is easy as crap to wall.

The other two is a tie. I say Hoenn because Swampert really is the starter. Infernape is honestly overrated as it dies to Tackle.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Dual typing has nothing to do with strength. If I go by those standards Delibird is more powerful than Raikou :/

It's Hoenn. Swampert and Infernape are the two best starters ever...seriously. they cancel each other out. Blaziken is a lot better than people give it credit for. Give it agility or a Choice Scarf and you've got a monster. It's like an Agility Metagross that can hit Skarmory!

BTW I'd really like to see Mixape outspeed Sceptile and survive a Choice Specs bomb. Also Blaziken with Choice Scarf will take down Infernape with ease. Swampert would actually beat Torterra since it's slightly faster and can OHKO with Ice Beam. Emploeon would kill the poor thing with Grass Knot. If it lacked that than Swameprt would win!

But really, you can eliminate the first generation because Blastoise is average, Charizard is really meh...only Venusaur can REALLY compete in top-tier battles.

The 2nd generation is also a mess. Feraligatr is a poor man's Gyarados and Typhlosion is easy as crap to wall.

The other two is a tie. I say Hoenn because Swampert really is the starter. Infernape is honestly overrated as it dies to Tackle.

You mention Blaziken having Choice Scarf, you don't think Infernape will be holding anything? Think.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    You mention Blaziken having Choice Scarf, you don't think Infernape will be holding anything? Think.

90% of Mixape carry Life Orb, and physical Ape carries that or Choice Band.

I know YOU love Focus Sash, but most Infernape don't.

It doesn't really matter what Infernape can beat in all honesty. If the Hoenn starters happen to be pokemon that lose to it, does it really matter? blastoise will survive nasty plot Grass Knot from Nape and KO with Surf, and I'm not going to start calling the Kanto starters the best.

I find charizard the over all best

Good luck with Stealth Rock.

Treeckouser

LiFe's wORth liViNG fOr
    Years
    Well, maybe the Sinnoh starters are the best because they three have second types, but I like the hoenn ones, they are all pretty cool, specialy Treecko.

*Spark

Old school ftw!.
    Years
    I don't believe one would actually require the reason, they are BROKEN.

Charizard's Fire/Flying type gives it 4x weakness to Rock-type, Stealth Rock kicks him out completely

Venusaur can't touch Empoleon who is supposed to be the "Water" type starter, Empoleon is part-Steel, and Venusaurs movepool gives any decent person that Venusaur NEEDS a Ground move

Blastoise has trouble dealing damage, you switch Blastoise in, Rapid Spin, what next? Toxic? lol.

HA! HA!, you said the're broken!, broken is a videogame term that defines a playable character too powerful for competitve play! (Mewtwo is the perfect example of this.)
    And besides, you're only looking at worst case scenario's here...

Back