• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whoa, that's rare!!

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    I was searching for a vulpix on my soul silver to trade with a growlithe of a friend of my. I spent HOURS to find one, while the day before they where trying to make me eat the nds.
    I have the feeling that the game can read your mind sometimes...:paranoid:

Years
    It took me the longest time to find a Ralts in my Emerald. Also, I had trouble finding a Ditto in my Heartgold.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Pikachu. Way back in the old days of Blue. I really really wanted one, and spent hours wandering around Viridian Forest looking for one. I hated every Metapod that I ran across.

That one, and Onix, again on Blue. Took me forever to find one, and once I did, I ran out of Pokeballs trying to catch it. I didn't like Onix so much after that.

And then Clefairy in FireRed. I need to find one again for my team if I don't decide on Jigglypuff.

I just have horrible luck, it seems.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Actually, back in the G/S days, I finally purchased Silver ((After finding out you cannot catch a wild Meowth in Gold)) and got to the route where the wild Meowth appeared, and for some reason I got nothing but Tauros and Miltank and Magnemite and Raticate for several days. It was misery. I just wanted a Meowth!!

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Yeah, in Silver I saw so many Miltank, Tauros, Jynx, even a couple Dunsparce, when I *didn't* want to catch them. :P Ran into Suicune the first time when I wasn't even hunting Pokemon, just trying to get out of Lake Rage.

Looked for a male Houndour for like half an hour. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    I kept trying to go into the Safari Zone on my Fire Red to get a Scyther, (in the right area and everything), and after about an hour or two I finally found one. My old brother found one about two or three encounters after entering said zone.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I have a pretty long list

-I spent 30 minutes looking for
    Whoa, that's rare!!

-Still haven't found
    Whoa, that's rare!!

-Basically lived in meteor falls looking for
    Whoa, that's rare!!

-And I almost strangled myself with the nintendo ds headphones looking for my favorite pokemon, which the only way I obtained one was via breeding
    Whoa, that's rare!!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    In Sapphire, I had the hardest time finding a Chimecho. I must've spent two hours looking. However, my sister found them quite easily. Maybe I was just unlucky! :( Anyone have a similar situation? And was my luck with Chimecho just a fluke, or is it really just that rare? XD

I also have a tendency to freak out with I see a large silhouette of a Pokemon when the battle starts. I always think Stantler is a legendary beast. :( lol

Holy crap it isn't?

I literally cannot remember ever finding one in the wild, crazy crap.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Personally I almost always have trouble findind the pokemon that I need. And I find it very quickly when I don't need it anymore >_>. It's just damn luck.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    In my FR, i couldn't find a friggin clefairy. Later, I'm playing a walkthrough w/ Marriland and boom, a wild clefairy appeared! FUUUUU-

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Now that I think about it, it might just be that when you're looking for a specific something, it never seems to show up. But when you're not looking for it, or looking for something else, it's everywhere and won't leave you alone.

Omg yes that is so true.

I couldn't find Chimeco on Ruby either. I went up there randomly browsing around and at least after three attempts I ran into one suprisingly. Chimeco stats are not that good to be so damn hard to find.

Also another insident. On Diamond I was try to find Chansey with a Lucky Egg using Banettes Frisk ability. No luck after about 2 days of searching so I basically gave up. I went back to that route at least a week later to train Banettes son with the same ability as her. No Chansey in mind and as soon as I step into that grass...a Chansey with a Lucky Egg.

loganinak

I just lost the game :)
    Years
    I can never find the pokemon i'm looking for and then when I give up I find them about a couple days later.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    I remember how I tried to find a Feebas in Platinum. That was a horrible day, I have almost fall asleep when I was searching. But the most interesting part of it, that before I found feebas, I found a freaking SHINY magikarp. At that moment I was all furious and "Why the hell I found something that should be much more rarer".

Another example was that my friend tried to catch a Pikachu in FireRed, but it took like hours to find it.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
    With the exception of Nosepass in Ruby and Sapphire, and Kankahsan in Fire red, I've been quite lucky with finding things I want. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It happened to me again. :( I was looking for Ditto on SoulSilver and it took forever. I just needed to make a Chinchou egg omg. .____. Why does this need to take forever?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

I've recently had it trying to find Paras in Ilex Forest. And Abra in Route 34. Worst was Clefairy in Mount Moon. Gave up looking after 1 hour.

But I can find Miltank easily on Route 38, as long as I don't have any pokeballs with a high-enough catch-rate.

Yet to find a Snubbull outside of Pokemon Ranger though, but 1% is an incredibly low encounter rate...

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I spent about an hour looking for Slakoth in Emerald (A supposed 5% spawnrate), as soon as I gave up and set off for the exit, guess what the first pokemon I saw was.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I spent about an hour looking for Slakoth in Emerald (A supposed 5% spawnrate), as soon as I gave up and set off for the exit, guess what the first pokemon I saw was.

Nincada? Silly question, silly answer :P

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I've recently had it trying to find Paras in Ilex Forest.
    This reminded of the time I was trying to find an Oddish in Ilex Forest in Silver Version. I spent days and days trying to find it, and eventually gave up. I just wanted an Oddish! Then, a few years later, I realized that it only showed up at night. >_<

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Uggghh. Don't even get me started about stupid Chimecho in R/S/E! I spent forever looking for one, and ended up giving up. I'm so happy that Chinglings were easy to find in D/P/Pt. Also, Ralts in R/S/E.. Usually it doesnt take that long but yesterday I was looking for one and it took me about 4 hours.

Back