• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who're Your Favorite 6th Gen Pokemon?

ViperSpeeds

Espada
Years
  • Mega Charizard X, Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Blaziken, Mega Houndoom, Mega Tyranitar, Mega Absol and.....Female Pyroar. As you can see, I like Mega Evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I don't count Megas as new Pokemon so Ima sidestep that area completely.

It's funny, you'd think that with a smaller cast, choosing a favourite Gen 6 Pokemon would be easier. But unlike other generations, I genuinely struggle to choose favourites. Most Pokemon either failed to land an impact or were disregarded completely.

It honestly looked like Pangoro was going to be a favourite of mine this generation, and I really wanted my dear Valerie to be a favourite, but her severely average movepool and inability to abuse Iron Fist really took the spotlight away from her.

Vivillion might actually be my favourite Pokemon of Gen VI and definitely a top 10 candidate. My dear Vivi became my best friend on our journey through Kalos alongside my bro Donny Linoone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I was hoping that Noivern and Hawlucha would be some of my favorites but it didn't end up that way.
    Noivern wasn't obtainable until after beating seven of the eight gyms plus it took really long to find a Noibat which was also a pain to level up because it so weak for a late-game pokémon. Hawlucha would have been better it it had a decent movepool, especially its design pretty much screams "I CAN LEARN BRAVE BIRD!" which make it even more disappointing. I would have probably like Grenija too if it weren't for the fact that it's annoying as hell to fight and everyone on Batte Spot uses one.

Overall my favorite 6th gen pokémon would be Aegislash. My only complaint about it is that you have to wait so damn long to get a dusk stone which is found in cave that's huge pain in the ass to navigate.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My favorite's got to be Talonflame; with Gale Wings and Brave Bird, it could do some major sweeping. Design-wise, it's probably Charizard Y.

Years
  • Battle-wise, Aegislash. Loooove its typing, signature move, and the fact that it can be physical, special, or mixed. Doublade is also pretty fun to use in battle, especially on Trick Room teams! Design-wise, I am in love with Sylveon. It is definitely my fave Eeveelution design to date, and its shiny color palette is absolutely gorgeous <3 If you want to count Megas, then Megas Mawile, Absol, and Manectric. Mega Mawile is a beast in battle, plus she has a lovely design and great typing; Mega Absol's got a really nice design and Ability, and it seems like it'd make a nice Glass Cannon (I haven't gotten the chance to use one yet, sadly); and Mega Manectric is probably my fave Mega to use in battle at this time, especially given its high speed, high Special Attack, and good movepool. Plus, Mega Manectric's shiny color palette is really nice~

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Who're Your Favorite 6th Gen Pokemon?

I'm totally in love with Sylveon. She's definitely not just my favorite VI gen, but my favorite all time Pokemon. The introduction of the Fairy type was a breath of fresh air, and totally reignited my love of Pokemon. Seriously, who can not adore this little darling?

Who're Your Favorite 6th Gen Pokemon?

Another VI gen favorite. I adore this messy little dragon, and it's got the power behind it to be a real UU special powerhouse. I mean, just imagine the hits it can take, being a bulky Dragon with four resistances. And phazing with Dragon Tail makes it all the easier to prevent it from being set up on. Yes, I believe Goodra will make a fine UU tank; and for that, along with its adorableness, makes it a favorite of mine. <3

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • There's a lot of Pokemon I genuinely don't remember well from the games but I have favorites I love a lot! Goomy, Inkay, and Sylveon in particular. I love Goomy's whole evolution line but if I had to pick from it, Goomy wins.

Years
  • Who're Your Favorite 6th Gen Pokemon?

Chespin is by far my #1 from Kalos. ♥ I didn't like him at all at first but now he's one of my very favorites overall. Espurr and Meowstic are very close seconds followed by Floette, male Pyroar, Sylveon, Vivillon, Honedge's line, Dedenne, Carbink, Pumpkaboo, Phantump.. lots of good Pokemon were introduced this generation. Hard to choose.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Greninja and Delphox FTW!

Followed by Noivern, Furfrou, Talonflame, Vivillion, Yveltal, And Tyrantrum.

I have a soft spot for Goodra and Flogres.

Back