• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who's best Dialga or Palkia?

Ninve

'Nuff said
Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2008
    I can't decide, they're both equally strong and all... But by the looks, I'd have to say Dialga. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    Dialga + Roar of Time = 1HKO Palkia. If they were fighting each other you KNOW Dialga would slaughter Palkia. As for my preference, I prefer Dialga because time > space. Also Dialga has never failed me before.

Kagome

Just here...
    Years
    • Age 28
    • TX
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    i'll say dialga is better but palkia is storng too. I'm saying both of them

Empoleon2000

The Water-Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2008
    I'd say Dialga. He is part Steel and Steel Pokemon have great defences. He also isn't weak aginst Dragon-Type attacks, wich Palkia is weak to. So overall, I think Dialga is a little better.

ShinyDialga

I r happy!maybe cos I'm alone.
    Years
  • another thing about them is their main attacks, Palkias uses its hand & Dialgas is a beam, so technically if Palkia approached Dialga to do Spacial Rend, Dialga could blast it away with Roar of time & Dialga has no moves that r super effective against it, & with looks, id say Dialga, b ut Giratina pwns them both by far

Siimo

Rawr.
    Years
  • Palkia! (I'm voting for the one that's not in my game XD)
    1. He doesn't have to recharge after Special Rend (I think...)
    2. He looks cool
    3. He's strong

Palkia's better, but Dialga's cool too!

Years
  • Dialga's the best. With a bucketload of resistances, and roar of time and/or draco meteor it is really good. Also, both dialga and palkia learn aura sphere.

Bucketload!!! Excuse me. He has weaknesses to Fire, Ground(Take note of EQ) and some other type which I'm forgetting about. Anyhow, he's steel type slows him down big time and Roar of Time is useless, If you're opponent is a DD-Tar and you use ROT and he uses DD. The next turn he gets a free hit on you which will most likely be EQ. Then again, you could use one of those really poor steel type moves he can learn but then again, the opponent might just opt for EQ knowing that it will most likely own your Dialga. As for Palkia, he looks cool (even though he's pink) and has the same base stats as Dialga but they're more spread. Dialga has 3 high base stats and 3 lower ones. As for Palkia everything is consistent. And if they both fought each other, Palkia's Attack and Speed would allow him to use Aura Sphere or EarthPower/Earthquake(against steel types) to totally wreck a team. My Torterra owned the living stockings out of my friends Dialga. Why, because of Roar of Time. ROT is weaker than using 2 Dragon Claws. As for the special move tutor move Draco Meteor. Pretty much all Dragon types can learn it. It's nothing special. Spacial Rend is also more powerful as it rarely misses but can have a power of 200 in turns whereas Dragon Claw can have a power of 160 and won't miss unless the pokemon has effects from moves like low accuracy or the opposing pokemon may have high evasiveness.

I think that it is decided now. Palkia is just more evenly spread in its stats and has only 1 weakness that I'm aware of. I may be mistaken but nothing apart from Dragon type moves have ever been super-effective.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    in theory, Palkia is stronger, but their both legendaries and a battle between them can be unpredictable, depending on how their trained.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • i'm thinking Palkia.
    not because i like him more, its just that Palkia has a little more advantages.

1. he doesn't have to recharge after his signature move.
    2. he is faster, but not good in power. i like speed.
    3. Dialga is kinda like Bowser, who trades speed for power. sometimes, power isn't enough.

i'm not saying i hate Dialga, i'm saying that Palkia has more advantages over him, like being faster. he can resist Dialga's Roar of Time (good Sp. Def.), and not having to recharge after a Spacial Rend. So Palkia could win if it uses Spacial Rend first, hangs on from a Roar of Time, and uses Spacial Rend again. but it's not that easy. one of the Dialgas i got in a trade was faster than one of my Palkias.

so overall, i think Palkia would be better. but if Giratina was in this topic, he'd pwn all!!!

Prynze Roserade

il principe senza regno
    Years
  • I don't really like either of them very much. Giratina is far more suited to my tastes, because of his typing, looks and defence-oriented stats.

But out of the two, I like Palkia best. Pink Water-Dragon? I'm so there. I love the way he flies, and his suggestive male body parts. :P

As to which is stronger, it depends on the scenario and what you're using them for. Offensively, Palkia is better. Defensively, Dialga wins. But I still think Giratina pwns them both in all areas.

AAMLBeast

Lolpwnd. :\
    Years
  • I think their equal because they both have a base stat of... i think 680.

HP: Dialga
    Attack: Tie
    Defense: Dialga
    Sp. Attack: Tie
    Sp. Defense: Palkia
    Speed: Palkia

So... there ya have it... it think?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I've reviewed Palkia's and Dialga's stats. Palkia is more of an offensive Pokemon than Dialga since it trades HP for Speed in its stats. The larger difference is that Dialga has a larger Defense stat while Palkia has a larger Special Defense stat.

What really caught my attention was the number of resistances that Dialga has. It is resistant against 12 out of 17 types, one being an immunity. To clearify, Dialga has two weaknesses to Fighting and Ground. The problem is that Fighting and Ground are two very common types, especially in ubers. It doesn't have the speed to back itself up, either. The good part is that Dialga boasts in Defense, which Fighting and Ground are usually parallel too. Dialga can hang on when attacked by its weak points.

Now, on Palkia, there are many differences and similarities. A big difference is that Palkia only has three resistances, compared to Dialga's twelve. That is a setback, however, Palkia does have less weaknesses, and slightly less common than a ground weakness. Palkia is superior to Dialga in its Speed stat, allowing it to outrun somewhat of a number of Pokemon. Manaphy, Mew, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, etc. are all outran if Palkia has the right EVs and IVs pumped into it.

In my opinion, they can rival eachother very well. But my vote shall go to Palkia.

Back