• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who's better dialga or palkia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Who's the better legendary:

Who's better dialga or palkia

or
    i wish i could make banners for this thread buy i need a banner maker but i have 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Palkia stomps Dialga no doubt. In contests Palkia is still the winner though most moves are the same.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    People keep asking this every month. D: Well, both are bad due their HUGE weakness to the almighty...
    Spoiler:

I am JK...

I say both are matched, both have awesome stats, great movepool. Though, Palkia has a better typing coverage, almost as good as Ghost-Dark. Really, it depends on the team used with...

Shining Platinum

Lovin' Kallen till I die!
    Years
  • It really doesn't matter, It's the stats and the moveset but, in my opinion it's Diagla even with it's massive weaknesses.

ParadoxJester

Dread Pirate
    Years
  • Palkia's got a much better secondary STAB (Water) than Dialga (Steel).

Did you also know that in the new smash brothers that it is also a pikachu that was breed and then raised to be a pikachu because it has Volt Tackle? Curious that huh?

On topic, I seem to like Palkia more than Dialga. Whenever I battle with my Dialga it seems to die probably due to the fact that I always battle his weaknesses. ::sigh:: oh well, I'll raise him someday.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    While Palkia has a fantastic type combo, you can't go past Dialga between the two, it just seems to be better in battle.

Years
  • This was argued so much. it honestly doesn't matter. Everyone knows Palkia is more suited to competitive battling with Dragon/Water STAB moves whereas Dialga has Dragon/Steel. Also, It's probably better in-game (I wouldn't know too m,uch, I like to keep 'em UT)

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    They totally have two different functions, one (Palkia) he is used for stopping Scarf-Kyogre, that otherwise with Water Spout he could create problems in the uber metagame, the other Dialga is used as physical Power Upper thanks to Bulk Up, in few words they are totally 2 different Pokémon, to decide what both the best of the 2 needs to see the team in which would be liked to use them, mine preferred is Palkia however.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    The "Who beats who?" arguament isn't valid, since there are palkia sets that rape dialga and there are dialga sets that rape palkia. As sebastian said, they also perform completely different roles so it's impossible to draw a valid comparisson there either. However I think the dragon-horse-DrWho hybrid of dialga looks cooler.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back