• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Whos better Lugia or Ho-oh

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
  • deff ho-oh better i mean it's rarer (ash's poke he first ever saw)

and lugia well we all probably seen the movie and he well got his butt whooped by moltres,zapdos, and articuno until ash saved him (lugia kept fallin in the ocean so strong yeah right!)

so overall: HO-OH IS THE WINNER!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Master Blaze said:
    deff ho-oh better i mean it's rarer (ash's poke he first ever saw)

and lugia well we all probably seen the movie and he well got his butt whooped by moltres,zapdos, and articuno until ash saved him (lugia kept fallin in the ocean so strong yeah right!)

so overall: HO-OH IS THE WINNER!

and it is 3 vs 1 with Zapdos/Articuno's attacks being super effective against it? It's already amazing that it blocked 20 of each beams. Just no idea why the one in the movie didn't use recover =)

meh it's the anime which is aka for screwed up.

But I'll say that Ho-oh is better too, due to the fact that Lugia can tank but got too much weakness to mess it over (but much better than Articuno). Ho-oh can doom anything that's slower than it almost.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It depends on what you want to use it for: Defensive and Quick, or Offensive and Not so Quick. Personally, legendaries are known to be sweepers (apart from the Regis... stupid Defensive morons), so I'd go for Ho-oh, plainly because Sacred Fire in two turns will probably cause loads of damage to a Physical Sweeper with the burn. :D

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
  • i really like both and i includes both of them in my team XD. but if i had to choose, then its probably gonna be lugia... since i like aeroblast better

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • hm...well Aeroblast looks cooler
    but Ho-Oh's move is better 'cuz of it's burn effect
    I think it just depends on your taste in strategy so i'm gonna say
    they're the same
    ...I don't like using legends anyway
    some of the regular pokemon are much better

Years
  • Believe it are not I've never in my live played with Lugia....but i have wit Ho-oh and iknow he is really good...but i dont really know how good lugia is..but from my past experience wit Ho-oh..i think he is better

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • And shouldn't Ho-oh be even stronger then since it resurrected 3 ordinary Pokemon into legendaries...? o_O;

GlockStopper

why cant i kill pokemon
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    and it is 3 vs 1 with Zapdos/Articuno's attacks being super effective against it? It's already amazing that it blocked 20 of each beams. Just no idea why the one in the movie didn't use recover =)
    2 words: WHO CARES there both really ugly (but lugia is sorta ok)
    p.s. thats really sad that u counted the beams. ur supposed to like pokemon when ur 5 not 64 or however old u are

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2007
    Well, out of who I think is the all-out best. I have to say Lugia, just look at my Avatar. I tend to like all da legendary bird/dragon ones. ^_^

~Kelsey

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    i like lugia cause of its Aeroblast,but Ho-oh's Sacred Fire is cool to

Back