• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who's on your team? 4th Generation edition

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • Since Fifth Generation has this thread, why don't I make one for Fourth?

Put simply, what was your team during the 4th Generation games?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't actually remember my exact team, but if I recall, I did have Machamp, Scizor, and Blissey there. Machamp was actually pretty easy to utilize, and had beaten my friends plenty of times thanks to it. Scizor was the revenge-killer; every time my Pokémon wasn't able to defeat my opponent's, this would come in to finish it off. As for Blissey, it was there for walling and recovery purposes. :]

fpff

Professional Lopunny Trainer
    Years
  • lopunny, ninetales, absol, froslass, gardevoir, (was ralts when i traded with friend) and vespiquen

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Just started a new playthrough of Diamond last night, and my current team is Chimchar with, unsurprisingly, Starly, Shinx and Bidoof.

My favorite E4 team was probably the one from my second playthrough of Platinum - Torterra, Gallade, Scyther, Vaporeon, Houndoom and Rotom. Torterra, Gallade, Vaporeon and Rotom, along with a Bibarel and a Tropius, are currently wandering the Survival Area.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    In Platinum, I currently own:
    Empoleon
    Gallade
    Glaceon
    Roserade
    Drifblim
    Rapidash

toboe4ever

I have no idea what i'm doing.
    Years
  • Well, i'm not completely sure about my usual team in Diamond, but when i left off i apparently had

Gastly
    Gyarados
    Skuntank
    Floatzel
    Gastrodon
    Stunky

I think my usual team was

Empoleon
    Floatzel
    Bibarel
    Luxray
    Golduck
    Staraptor

In SoulSilver i currently have

Weedle
    Rattata
    Cyndaquil
    Pidgey
    Sentret

(as you see, i haven't come so far there yet.. (^ ^') *so very far behind in the Pokémon games*)

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • My team on Pearl was:

Glaceon-Freezeon
    Staraptor-Birdie
    Gallade-Luke
    Inferape-Firemonkey
    Lucario-Nicko
    Tentacreul-Misty

Soulsliver

Espeon-Hollyoaks
    Noctowl-Sally
    Persian-Claws
    Feraligator-Crocodile
    Wigglytuff-Wiggly
    Houndoom-Helga

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • My SoulSilver team is Arbok, Meganium, Ampharos, Slowbro, Togekiss and Espeon. Haven't played in a while but I'll probably switch out all except for Arbok and Slowbro soon.

I've started Platinum again recently and so far I'm soloing with Pachirisu but I plan to build on my team a bit later on.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • My team the first time was !!
    Altaria / Scizor / Roserade / Steelix / Rapidash / Empoleon n_n

I played Gen 4 a lot.. so I have a couple of teams from different playthroughs haha. I think it's fun to make a new one each time, but sometimes I trade over Pokemon so I'm able to use them before postgame.

Staraptor / Sceptile / Abomasnow / Lucario / Floatzel / Infernape
    Honchkrow / Magnezone / Froslass / Houndoom / Garchomp / Empoleon
    Skarmory / Espeon / Umbreon / Kabutops / Rhyperior / Torterra
    Dodrio / Lucario / Rampardos / Electivire / Gliscor / Infernape

Years
  • My SoulSilver team is currently Feraligatr, Ampharos, Togekiss, Girafarig, Jumpluff, and Flareon. I've grown pretty fond of this group of Pokemon, actually. They aren't the best in terms of offense, but they cover a lot of weaknesses and strengths type-wise and work in junction with each other. Feraligatr is the main offensive threat, while Jumpluff takes the job of status inflicting.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Those are honestly some pretty cool teams you guys have! o: Especially all those Pokemon deemed underrated. I like them a lot.

My team from Platinum was really just Torterra, Azelf and Staraptor, with HM slaves consisting of a Zubat, Geodude and I think Quagsire. Reason? Marriland had a team like that back in his old Pokemon Platinum playthrough; I bought my Platinum copy after watching that. I even nicknamed my Pokemon after his! I was just in a Marriland fangirl phase back when I bought Platinum d:

I went Empoleon-only in Diamond, with Dialga in my team as backup in the rare scenario that Empoleon faints.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I had to turn on my 4th generation games, had not turned them on in about 2 years....
    I only have the full info for my Pearl Game - I can't find my Soul Silver game (don't remember where I left it) got info from the trainer card I did long ago.

Pearl: 3 cats - 1 otter - 1 beaver - 1 squirrel

49 - Pachirisu - nickname: Pachy - item: none
    Male
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Pick Up
    • Spark
    • Shock Wave
    • Super Fang
    • Discharge

50 - Floatzel - nickname: plan - Flowers - item: Amulet Coin
    Female
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Swift Swim
    • Aqua Jet
    • Surf [HM]
    • Rock Smash [HM]
    • Whirlpool

52 - Luxray - nickname: Simba - item: Quick Claw
    Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Ability: Rivalry
    • Strenght
    • Thunder Fang
    • Roar
    • Spark

50 - Bibarel - nickname: Zorro - item: Lucky Egg
    Male
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Unaware
    • Surf [HM]
    • Headbutt
    • Take Down
    • Rock Climb [HM]

50 - Persian - nickname: Alice *traded* - item: Spell Tag
    Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Technitian
    • Thief
    • Cut [HM]
    • Power Gem
    • Slash

49 - Purugly - nickname: Zoey - item: Amulet Coin
    Female
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Own Tempo
    • Swagger
    • Body Slam
    • Shadow Claw
    • Assists

Soul Silver: getting info from the Trainer Card I did long ago

Quilava
    Rattata
    Buizel
    Meowth
    Furret
    Leafeon

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    My first team on Diamond was Infernape, Roserade, Floatzel, Luxray, Staraptor & Garchomp. Then afterwards my team fluctuated a lot. I can't remember them all, all I remember is they nearly all had Roserade (unless I had picked Turtwig as a starter)

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • My heartgold team currently is Latias, Flareon, Flygon, Torterra, Zaptos, and Kyogre. Sure fourth generation limits my fire powers but each of them rules in battle. Latias's psychic packs a punch and ice beam just can't knock her out. Flareon's flare blitz can kill your pokemon and flygon usually strikes first to attack with earthquake. A double battle with my Zaptos and Torterra is suicide; their combination of discharge and earthquake kills you without hurting themselves. Don't even underestimate my Kyogre's ice beam, thunder, surf, and water spout.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I forgot about HGSS! I have more teams :)

Flygon / Gyarados / Metagross / Dusknoir / Salamence / Feraligatr
    Togekiss / Ninetales / Azumarill / Ampharos / Nidoking / Meganium
    Crobat / Dragonite / Houndoom / Aggron / Gengar / Feraligatr

Right now I'm playing SS again and my final team will be Noctowl / Quagsire / Victreebel / Donphan / Scizor / Typhlosion.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I currently only have a Cyndaquil in SoulSilver - haven't played that file in months. I plan to get a Sentret or a Hoothoot.

Years
  • Just started a Pearl save this morning. Its randomized by the way.
    So far i'm using: Ralts/Glaceon/Vaporeon/Mawile/Scizor.

Back