• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who's planning on EV training?

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    I know for a fact that I'm not. I've done it in previous versions and it took the fun out of playing Pokemon. I'm just going to enjoy the game and story. I think Pokemon has become too complex in the training area.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    Apparently there's a mini game that can be played to quickly max out the states that you want. I haven't heard anything about this in a while, but I believe it's still true

Jasonmii

Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Apparently there's a mini game that can be played to quickly max out the states that you want. I haven't heard anything about this in a while, but I believe it's still true

I've also heard about that. I hope it's true, that would make the game so much easier when it comes to training.

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
    Years
    Im definnetly going to ev train all 6 of my pokemon..because its actually alot easier with the Super Training.

Jasonmii

Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Im definnetly going to ev train all 6 of my pokemon..because its actually alot easier with the Super Training.

Since there is Super Training I might actually EV train. I'm glad that they're implementing easier ways of training. I never fully understood the concept of EV training anyway. :)

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    I am planning on ev training my pokemon though not during the main story lol. I am ev training my pokemon during the post game. and by pokemon I mean EVERY pokemon I catch lmao. (that reminds me I hope the battle frontier makes a return)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    it call Super TrainingPokémon gain experience and grow stronger by battling with other Pokémon. In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, that's not the only way to help your Pokémon grow. Check out a brand-new method of Pokémon training: Super Training!

Who's planning on EV training?

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
    Years
    When EV training was introduced I never really got behind it. I liked that they tried to add another layer to the games for advanced players, but I would simply prefer if they focused more on something like different difficulty modes (not uncommon for RPGs). I understand the need to keep the games accessible for the target audience, but how SICK would a "impossible mode" be! That being said, with this "super training," I have to at least give this a try, though.

Years
    I am planning on ev training my pokemon though not during the main story lol. I am ev training my pokemon during the post game. and by pokemon I mean EVERY pokemon I catch lmao. (that reminds me I hope the battle frontier makes a return)

Every Pokemon you catch? Are you planning on catching a lot? You must have a lot of free time. haha.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
    I never used to EV train during the story mode!
    And I agree - playing did seem more fun before EV training, haha. : (
    But I don't think I will stop doing it - it's fun in it's own right as well! + I'm looking forward to the new mini-games. Infact - thanks to them - i might actually EV train my storymode Pokémon.. at least a bit. : )

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    I have a shiny Arcanine that's now at level 100. It has an excellent nature, IVs, and Intimidate. However, his EVs must be all over the place. I can't wait to reset those, and then properly set them up

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I will once I'm done with the main story.

Has it been confirmed that the Super Training facility is indeed for EV's? I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't a certainty it was EVs for something else?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    If super-training does train EVs I'll definitely try it out!! I'm usually too lazy to ev train, and the super-training seems like a fairly easy and fun alternative. Plus, you can do ev training whenever you feel like it, and don't need to hunt for certain pokes!!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I don't think I'll do EV training. I've tried to do it a couple of times, but it just doesn't work for me.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    Every Pokemon you catch? Are you planning on catching a lot? You must have a lot of free time. haha.
    heck yes I am. I have done this in EVERY friggin.....well actually I started doing this in black and white really. and by ev training I ,mean buying proteins ect,getting the right nature,breeding,getting the right moves. yep. I am that crazy

Years
    I probably won't EV train initially but once I get to breeding or if I get bored along the way then I will most definitely consider EV training.

Back