• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's That Pokémon Detective Pikachu

Cid

Years

Welcome! It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with Pokémon Trivia's classic "Who's That Pokémon" contest! If you think you have what it takes to become a world-class Pokémon detective like Detective Pikachu, then you've come to the right place!
    ★ Intro
    This year, Get-Together's theme is detective mystery. We're exploring the story of Detective Pikachu and Eevee solving a mystery on the resurgence of Team Rocket. Users will earn points to work on a common goal - solving this case.

★ The Case
    Detective Pikachu and Eevee have parted ways to rescue some missing Pokémon, with the former in Celadon City, and the latter in Lavender Town. Word is that these "Who's That Pokémon" puzzles are the keys to 10 Pokémon that Team Rocket stole, stashed away in the Celadon and Lavender Rocket Hideouts. It's your job to help Detective Pikachu and Eevee rescue these Pokémon!

The locks are connected between hideouts, so two completed puzzle keys are needed-- one in Celadon, and one in Lavender. If at least one member of Team Pikachu and one member of Team Eevee guess the puzzle right, the Pokémon for that puzzle is deemed successfully rescued by either Detective Pikachu in Celadon or Eevee in Lavender.

Make sure to tell me if your Get-Together 2019 Discord username is different from your PokéCommunity username, so that we know if you helped either Detective Pikachu or Eevee with your correct puzzle guess.

★ Point System
    This event will award 6 points to every person who guesses a Pokémon right.
    If a person guesses them all, they can earn up to 60 points.

Overview

For the next ten days, a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon will be posted to this thread every day, and your goal is to identify which Pokémon the art belongs to. The clue will be a cropped 30x30 px section of a certain Pokémon's art, zoomed in eight times to 240x240 px.

All of the clues used will be taken from the Pokémon's official Dream World art. Mega Pokémon and Alolan Forms may be included as possible answers!

You will have 48 hours to solve each puzzle, and the answers will be posted as soon as each puzzle ends. For every puzzle you solve correctly, you will earn 6 points on the scoreboard. Good luck!

How to Participate

To submit your answer for a puzzle, send me a PM (private message) with your answer before that puzzle's deadline. (Don't post your answers in this thread!)

Please specify which puzzle you are answering somewhere in your message, or you could put it in the title!

You may answer as many times as you want for any given puzzle, but only your final answer will count!

Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them! In fact, I even encourage having discussions about the contest here. That will make things more fun, after all!

Puzzles and Rescue Status

Scoreboard

Last updated on 14th August 2019 at 11:36 pm (AWST)

Team Pikachu
    - 108 points total

Caite-chan - 54 points
    DramaticCubism - 12 points
    EmTheGhost - 12 points
    Sheep - 6 points
    fourleafprince - 6 points
    Janp - 6 points
    Steve Z - 6 points
    saniachan - 6 points

Team Eevee
    - 180 points total

Mewtwolover - 60 points
    Chr. Draco - 42 points
    Hyzenthlay - 36 points
    the_fast_reader - 12 points
    Treecko - 12 points
    Superjolt - 6 points
    bobandbill - 6 points
    Corviknight - 6 points

💧Team ...Psyduck?💧
    We're all good! Everyone's teams are accounted for.

This event will end on: 14th August 2019 at 2:45 pm (AWST)

Credit to Revise Librarian and Hyzenthlay for the post templates.

Last edited:

Cid

Years

Clue - Puzzle #1

Deadline: Monday, August 5 at 12:22 p.m. AWST

Answer - Puzzle #1

This puzzle is now finished, so it's time to reveal the answer! The mystery Pokémon was...

Alolan Dugtrio!

Congratulations to the following participants for guessing correctly:

Team Pikachu

fourleafprince
    DramaticCubism
    Janp
    Caite-chan
    EmTheGhost

Team Eevee

the_fast_reader
    Mewtwolover
    bobandbill
    Chr. Draco

Celadon Rocket Hideout

Now, since both teams were able to guess it, both Detective Pikachu and Eevee manage to enter the correct puzzle keys into their respective locks!

Detective Pikachu enters the dimly lit room in front of him. He notices a steel cage suspended in the air, with a very small lump of earth covering the bottom of what looks like... three pink noses with blonde locks? In any case, Detective Pikachu presses the button beneath the steel cage, and the front of the cage slams open. The lump, as fast as a Supersonic Skystrike, pushes itself forward and down to the floor below. With a bit of digging, the fabulous triad is back on land.

Alolan Dugtrio has been rescued! 😄

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    It's not cheating to look at pictures of Pokemon to try and figure this out, right? Like, I see a brown Pokemon - if I think of a brown Pokemon that I suspect might be the answer, can I pull up said Pokemon's Sugimori art or whatever on Google to check if it has the right features before sending it in as my answer?

Nekodatta

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
    Submitted my first answer, I feel like it seemed a bit obvious so it's probably wrong. I'm probably going to come back to it.

Cid

Years

Clue - Puzzle #2

Deadline: Tuesday, August 6 at 1:00 p.m. AWST

Answer - Puzzle #2

This puzzle is now finished, so it's time to reveal the answer! The mystery Pokémon was...

Meloetta!

Team Pikachu

Caite-chan
    EmTheGhost

Team Eevee

Mewtwolover
    Chr. Draco

Lavender Rocket Hideout

It was tough, but both Detective Pikachu and Eevee manage to enter the correct puzzle keys into their respective locks!

Eevee's ears perk up as she hears a faint melody inside the newly-opened room. She goes inside and sees a crystal cage similar to Mega Sableye's gemstone. Inside that crystal cage is Meloetta! The songstress stops humming for a bit and starts to dance. Eevee quickly recognizes Meloetta's dance as the Fairy-type Z-Move pose. Eevee begins to charge her Sparkly Swirl-- and unleashes it! The Fairy-type move damages the crystal cage by wrapping it with a pink whirlwind, and the front panel opens, allowing Meloetta to escape.

Meloetta has been rescued! 😄

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nekodatta

Years
    Submitted mine, even if I'm pretty sure it's wrong... will update my answer if I find a better guess.

Cid

Years
    Feel free to share your thoughts on the current puzzles, by the way! It's part of the teamwork aspect of this year's Get-Together. And so that it's still an accomplishment for others, try sharing not too obvious hints like which body part you think the puzzle has magnified, etc.
    Word is that these puzzles are the keys to 10 Pokémon that Team Rocket stole, stashed away in the Celadon and Lavender Rocket Hideouts. It's your job to help Detective Pikachu and Eevee rescue these Pokémon!

I updated the first post accordingly. Please read it if you have the time, and tell me if your Discord username is different from your username here.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    submitted my answer, can't believe it took me hours to find the correct one

Nekodatta

Years
    Ooh nice, got the first one right after all. I was afraid it seemed too obvious because it comes up pretty early in the list of artworks.... but it's not like there's other Pokemon with that hair.

Still not sure about the second one

Cid

Years

Clue - Puzzle #3

Deadline: Wednesday, August 7 at 3:45 p.m. AWST

Answer - Puzzle #3

Mega Houndoom!

Team Pikachu

Caite-chan

Team Eevee

the_fast_reader
    Mewtwolover
    Chr. Draco
    Corviknight
    Hyzenthlay
    Treecko

Celadon Rocket Hideout

Eevee managed to enter the correct puzzle key with no trouble at all! However, Detective Pikachu took a very long time before getting his. Right before the door's timer ran out, he eventually did, so he managed to enter the correct puzzle key into his respective lock, too. What an embarrassment for the great detective!

Detective Pikachu hears sloshing water as the door in front of him opens with a screech. He notices a huge pool, and sealed in an air-tight cage beneath it is a poor Houndoom with a Houndoominite on its neck. Detective Pikachu was relieved that he managed to enter his puzzle key on time, or else this poor Houndoom would have fainted from a lack of air. Detective Pikachu puts his hat on the edge, dives into the pool, and uses Quick Attack onto the cage's locks, managing to pull off the move underwater with some difficulty. The cage door opens and Houndoom braces for the water. With Detective Pikachu's help, both Pokémon manage to reach the surface of the pool. Houndoom jumps out and thanks the good detective with a warm Ember to dry themselves off with. Detective Pikachu dons his hat once more.

Mega Houndoom has been rescued! 😄

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cid

Years

Clue - Puzzle #4

Deadline: Thursday, August 8 at 5:07 p.m. AWST

Answer - Puzzle #4

Ribombee!

Team Pikachu

Caite-chan

Team Eevee

Hyzenthlay
    Mewtwolover
    Chr. Draco

Lavender Rocket Hideout

Once again Eevee beats Pikachu with the correct puzzle keys, but both manage to enter them, well, eventually. Eevee had to wait for her so-called "great detective" friend to figure it out before the door in front of her clicked open. She also had a bit of trouble, but not as much as Detective Pikachu. Some detective that guy is, she thinks.

Eevee hears a crackling noise and sees the horrific scene in front of her: fire bars all around a weakened Ribombee, who seemed to have been trying to blast the sources of fire with its Bug and Fairy moves. Our young hero quickly jumps into action, using Bouncy Bubble and Buzzy Buzz in quick succession to douse and short-circuit the edges of the fire bars. Ribombee begins to regain her strength and glides towards its savior. Eevee's health is restored by Ribombee's Pollen Puff, and Ribombee hugs her.

Ribombee has been rescued! 😄

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nekodatta

Years
    Submitted answer for puzzle 3.
    Honestly found it way easier than 2, maybe because it was easier to identify Pokemon with that color

Back