• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's that Pokémon? (Week 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Who's That Pokémon? (Week 8)

It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with our weekly contest of "Who's That Pokémon?"! Once a week every Sunday I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8x. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Overview

• Guess the Pokémon whose art is being featured!
    • The clue is a 30x30 px section of the Pokémon's Dream World art cropped and magnified 8x.
    • Send Squirrel a PM with your answer once you've figured it out - answer as many times as you want per week but only your final answer counts!
    • Do not post answers in this thread - you don't want other people to use your answers do you?
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them, that's the fun of this game afterall!
    • Submit your answers before midnight (GMT) on Saturday after the picture is posted if you want them to count!
    Rewards!

A winner is a winner and a winner is you - assuming you won! Here's what you can expect to win from correctly guessing each week's Pokémon. (Hover over for descriptions!)

Clue - Week 8

NOTE: Mega Pokémon are now included as possible answers in the standard Who's That Pokémon rounds!

Good luck, and feel free to also discuss last week's answer and winners in this thread! :D

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    This particular shade of yellow/tan/whatever has me up a wall.

At least Ursaring shared its coloring with like several other Pokemon.​

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Yellow square with a small black line? :L
    *complaining as usual* :D
    It did think this one was a little meaner than usual but the random generator chooses the Pokémon each week and every other spot on this Pokémon would have been too obvious XD

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    It did think this one was a little meaner than usual but the random generator chooses the Pokémon each week and every other spot on this Pokémon would have been too obvious XD
    So what happens if you get a Pokémon that has already been chosen? I've been disregarding previous weeks' answers, but it might make it interesting if that possibility did exist.

And yeah, this was just...bleh

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    This Pokemon tail in a yellow Background, I think this Pokemon is so cute even with this tail :D

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Missed out on Ursaring because I didn't have access to my computer for almost two weeks. :c

I think I underestimated the difficulty of this one. :x There are so many Pokemon with this colour on them! ;o

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    my head hurts... i went through all the pokemon and none of them stood out like Ursaring t-t

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    So what happens if you get a Pokémon that has already been chosen? I've been disregarding previous weeks' answers, but it might make it interesting if that possibility did exist.
    I've rolled Caterpie on three different weeks so far since his week and have just re-rolled it each time so that's my plan for now, but when we get a lot further in to the contest I'll probably start to re-use some :)

D-did I hear someone say this Pokemon has a tail??.... I think one of us is wrong then. X.X
    No one said that ;)

dest

Boneash
    Years
    oh god, absolutely no time during the past week, hardly any time today, now time pressure and then I find 485945694+-2 potential matches :D
    ok, at the end only 3 can't be excluded without a (very) close inspection of the part where the line could fit, but still, this is almost a 50:50 this time unless I'm right with my quick overview ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hi guys, this contest ends soon!

~You have 5 hours left to send in your final answers, submit them quickly!~

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I made a guess, finally. But I am NOT confident. I felt like there were a couple I found that kinda matched the picture, AT BEST. :(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hi guys, it's time for another answer! This week's contest is now over and it's time to reveal our winners...

Aurorus!

Specifically the crease on her head fin! Congrats to those of you that got it right, now let's take a look at some of the other answers we saw...

This week's winners: Francois, dest, Pidgey, WriterRaven, Lycanthropy, jdthebud, Mewtwolover, Revise Librarian
    Other answers received: Pikachu, Jynx, Cyndaquil, Meowth, Makuhita, Sunflora, Snorlax, Chikorita, Bayleef

Please let me know if you're supposed to be on this list and I didn't include you (or if you haven't received your emblem within 3 days) and I'll check your answer PM and make sure to sort it! Also sorry for any old usernames, still getting used to the new ones ^_^

Maybe this week was a touch too hard, I didn't realise quite how many Pokémon had that same colour/general pattern - oops! Around a quarter of the submitted answers were correct this week. As before, I have bolded the names of everyone who has guessed every week correctly so far, so congrats to you guys and let's see if you can keep it up! Stay tuned for next week's puzzle coming up later today and as always feel free to discuss your answers and the winners in this thread until then!

dest

Boneash
    Years
    I'll just quote my thought process here, the close call I mentioned earlier was actually between Leafeon and Aurorus^^
    Cyndaquil has too few space to the left of the line, there'd be another colour on the frame... also the line has a minor different shape
    Sunflora ... well, wrong angle
    Makuhita ... slightly off the shape ...
    Manectric ... the colour is too dark :/
    Minun ... the shape again ...
    Leafeon ... uh ... I stared at that for almost 15 Minutes without getting what is bugging me at the first sight here ... the colour is very very slightly off?
    I'm actually kinda surprised that Leafeon hasn't been an alternative answer here, that's the closest one to the right ... at least I could exclude everything else mentioned quite fast^^

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    I'm actually kinda surprised that Leafeon hasn't been an alternative answer here, that's the closest one to the right ... at least I could exclude everything else mentioned quite fast^^
    Once I had to start copy/pasting the snippet onto the Dream World art, the differences were much more obvious. I actually don't think anyone else actually had the same exact color either. My issues were compounded by the fact that I started from Bulbabsaur, and Aurorus is way at the end :P. I had to go through the list several times too, but once I finally noticed the crest on Aurorous, I knew it was the right one.

WriterRaven

I Illustrate Through Words
    Years
    I came very close to guessing Jumpluff: the yellow colour in the snippet of Aurorus is exactly the same shade as Jumpluff's three cotton spheres. The black line threw me for a loop for a bit. =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back