• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's That Pokémon?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • 201QU.png

Who's that Pokemon?​

Be a Pokémon detective. Dig, scratch and sniff through the clues given to find out the mystery Pokémon.​

Hosted by vaporeon7 and Cid.​

About:
    –––––––––––––––––
    There will be three different types of puzzles in this event that you will have to use your detective skills to solve. Each of the puzzles will be a clue to a Pokémon. Your job is to find the identity of all the mystery Pokémon and send us your results. This event will run the same as the weekly Who's that Pokémon thread found in Pokémon Trivia but with two additional puzzles to solve. It would be wise to get some practice there for one of the puzzles, who knows you could earn an emblem there too.

The three types of puzzles:
    –––––––––––––––––
    These are the three different types of puzzles that will be used in this competition. The first being a worded puzzle which gives a clue to the Pokémon's identity. The second being a silhouette of a Pokémon in a strange pose from the anime. The last being the traditional enlarged image from the Who's that Pokémon thread found in Pokémon Trivia. Please note that all white colouring in the enlarged image is part of the Pokémon. All puzzles will be full images and not have any parts that aren't part of the Pokémon. All answers are different Pokemon!
    The answer to all these examples is Vaporeon.
    Word problem:
    Spoiler:

Silhouette:
    Spoiler:

Enlarged picture:
    Spoiler:

How to enter:
    –––––––––––––––––
    Everyday for the first three days, two of each type of puzzles will be posted (only one silhouette) with a super puzzle on the last day. Your task is to identify all of the mystery Pokémon correctly and then PM your answers to both vaporeon7 and Cid. DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS IN THE THREAD! The answers to the puzzles and the results will be posted after all the answers have been marked, so please do not expect a PM back.

Rules:
    –––––––––––––––––
    - All PC rules apply.
    - DO NOT post your answers in the thread anyone who does so will have their posts deleted and be banned from the event.
    - DO NOT give out hints or clues in the thread (e.g. describing the answer or saying what Pokémon are not correct) anyone who does so will have their posts deleted and be banned from the event.
    - DO NOT share answers with other members through PM/VMs anyone who does so will be banned from the event along with the other person.
    - You may only guess one Pokémon for each puzzle. Saying that is either Goldeen or Lickitung for example will be treated as an incorrect answer.
    - You may not change your answers. Make sure that you are certain before PMing us because your answers cannot be changed.
    - No hints will be given, do not ask for them.
    - All entries will close at 11:59 PM on Monday July 18 and no entries will be accepted after.
    - The puzzles start at 12:00 AM EST on Friday July 15 and ends 11:59 PM on Monday July 18. You may answer any puzzles at any time between these dates.
    - You may discuss things such as how difficult you found certain puzzles, if you guessed, etc in the thread.
    - Posts complaining that the puzzles were 'too hard' will be deleted and treated as spam.
    - Please post as much answers as possible into on PM to cut down on PM flooding, it will make the marking go much quicker.

Prizes:
    –––––––––––––––––
    There are three emblems for this event that will be awarded to the people who meet their requirements.

2iu575i.png

A hundred percent! Nice one, Sherlock.
    You definitely have a passion for puzzle solving! Congratulations on successfully determining every single mystery Pokémon in GT8's Who's That Pokémon event!

2qitt1z.png

Almost! You gotta guess 'em all!
    I guess your playing detective wasn't enough. But hey, you've managed to identify at least 80% of the lot. Thanks for making the GT8's Who's That Pokémon event even more successful!

4t7y82.png

Budding Detective
    You have successfully guessed at least one mystery Pokémon correctly! Thanks for taking part in GT8's Who's That Pokémon event!

Puzzles:
    –––––––––––––––––
    Day One:
    Spoiler:

Day Two:
    Spoiler:

Day Three:
    Spoiler:

Day Four (Please note the answer to all of these clues make up one Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Bonus Questions (do these to get extra points, the answers to these are all different Pokemon):
    Spoiler:

Results:
    –––––––––––––––––
    2iu575i.png

100%/1st:
    Gymnotide

2qitt1z.png

2nd:
    NightOfRemorse

4t7y82.png

Participant:
    Chair
    RYOUKI
    Hi-Techneon
    Impo
    Hybrid Trainer
    Mew~
    Elgyem
    ruup20
    ElectricScyther
    Fireworks
    Anglican
    TwilightBlade
    PorygonShellder
    Karpman
    Lady Gaga
    Tomandgreen
    (=Nemesis=)
    Kip
    Destiny Demon

Answers:
    Spoiler:

Thanks to everyone who participated, if this event happens next year, I hope it can be more successful. Don't forget to have a look at Who's That Pokemon in Pokemon Trivia.

CSS Credit: Pokemon Trainer Touko

Last edited:

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Joining.
    However, I have no idea which Pokemon is that...

Last edited:

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I apologise if it wasn't clear but all the questions have different Pokemon as answers.
    *Facepalm* Sorry. XD Now that shouldn't be hard.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • Since my knowledge of Pokemon from generation II to gen IV are non-existent, this will not be easy for me. xD But nonetheless, I shall give it a try. Let's pika pika this. :chu:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah the silhouette and the last enlargement are both stumping me. The silhouette in particular, because from the example you can take the image from anywhere, even one that makes it completely impossible to tell what it is. xD So, we'll see.

Question: Will we still be able to guess on the Day 1 Pokemon on the following days? Or will they be erased for the new ones?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Yeah the silhouette and the last enlargement are both stumping me. The silhouette in particular, because from the example you can take the image from anywhere, even one that makes it completely impossible to tell what it is. xD So, we'll see.

Question: Will we still be able to guess on the Day 1 Pokemon on the following days? Or will they be erased for the new ones?

They will be there for all the days, so you have plenty of time to guess. :)

Years
  • For a bit i thought the first one was some sort of trick question xD
    and the first zoomed one bugged the crap outta me >.< i recognised it but it took me ages to work it out xD

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • Those were hard... Especially the third and fourth ones. I wasn't sure what angle I was looking at the silhouette from, or which way it was facing, and all I had was its basic shape, so I ended up guessing. I probably shouldn't have, since my guess was random.

The first, second, and fifth were easy though.

Years
  • The 4th one is just bugging me like crazyyy. I think it's because I'm confused of if they are regular picture enlargements are sprite enlargements. ;-;

@Destiny Demon
    The silhouettes will stay there for all days, so you can PM the hosts whenever in between the start of the event to the ending.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Yayy I'm joining. 4th one is easy since I didn't forget about it. :P I just don't know the silhouette. D;

Back