• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your favorite artist?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • I'm shocked this thread wasn't actually made

Pretty much what the title says: Who is your favorite music artist?

For me, it's without a doubt Dave Matthews Band Luke don't kill me. For me, the lyrics that Dave writes are amazing: They are down to earth, actually have a deep meaning to me, and in general they are just really catchy. I remember posting in the lyrics thread a bunch of Dave songs, but for a good example of this, look at the lyrics to You Never Know. The one that really gets to me is "Don't let the troubles in your head steal too much time you'll soon be dead". It's kind of how I live my life: Live in the moment, don't think too much about the past or your problems, because if that's what you are always thinking about you won't get as much out of life as you want to. On top of the lyrical aspect, I love his voice, I love his music in general, and his songs are so much fun to play on guitar.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Hm, that's a tough one. I remember for awhile my favorite band was Avenged Sevenfold, back in my kiddy days, lol. Right now, the band at the top of the heap for me is definitely Florida metal band Trivium.

The first thing I love about the band is how much they have progressed since their first release, "Ember to Inferno". The band mainly played around in the metalcore and thrash metal genres on "Ascendency" and even drew comparisons to Metallica on their third, thrasher of an album "The Crusade". But the album that caught my attention was their fourth release "Shogun". The songwriting, the arrangements, the melodies, the lyrics, even the band members, everything is just perfectly fit in where it needs to be in that band, and I've felt inspired to push myself further in my own music playing and writing. They're doing the same thing I'm doing with their upcoming album "In Waves", trying to better themselves, and with a new breath of fresh air with new drummer Nick Augusto, and judging by the three tracks they've released from the album so far, they've definitely taken the leap they needed.

They inspire me when I listen to them.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 26, 2011
    Right now, my favorite band is Pendulum. I am a massive fan of heavy drum and bass music, and their music fits the bill perfectly. "Hold Your Colour", "Taratula", "Propane Nightmates", "Crush" and "The Vulture" are by far my favorite songs.

I also love Paramore, their music is so inspiring and many, if not all their songs have a powerful underlaying meaning; "Emergency", "Misery Business" and "Playing God" are my absolute favorites. /essayover, I cant help it, music student.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011
    Grown Ups without a doubt. They're like, an indie math/punk rock band. Most people hate them but they've just grown on me to the point of being my favorite.

Years
  • My favorite artists, at the moment anyway, are Japanese and I'd talk a bunch about them here, but I don't think many people would care much. My favorite artist is Imogen Heap.

She's kind of brilliant. One of those wonderfully talented people who can write and play music, and has a beautiful voice, and can perform live. And is good. Her lyrics are usually quite creative and vivid and they catch your attention. The music she makes is not something I can really say much about since I don't know how to talk about music, but it's special and different and very pleasant to listen to. She shines.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Wow, I actually feel like the odd one out saying this, but my two favorite artists today would be Adele and Lady Gaga. They're both very talented female artists, both successful in the music industry, and both leave me inspired and laughing at the end of the day. What I love the most about Lady Gaga is that she's different. She doesn't follow what everyone is doing today, but takes leadership of what she does. She's a very determined and proactive woman in today's industry and stands for a lot of good. As for Adele, I don't think I have to mention how talented she truly is and what a big step she made in the music industry this year. However, her laugh, I find so genuine and her personality and humor is what makes me love her even more so.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I have a really hard time really pinpointing my favourite artists since they change often, but right now, I'd say it's a tie between Ellie Goulding and Tegan and Sara. I feel as if you can hear all the hard work they put in their music every time you listen to their songs. Their live performances are also pretty amazing, you can tell these ladies really can sing and it's not just "studio magic." Lyrically, they're both so honest when they write... I can't really explain it, but that's just how I feel when I listen to their songs.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Right now, my favorite band is Pendulum. I am a massive fan of heavy drum and bass music, and their music fits the bill perfectly. "Hold Your Colour", "Taratula", "Propane Nightmates", "Crush" and "The Vulture" are by far my favorite songs.

Oh God, do you wanna get married? Yeah, let's get married.

Anyway, my favorite artist is definitely Kings of Leon. As you MIGHT can tell from my usual Twitter icon, my blog header, usertitles and themes I've used...and many other things, yes they're definitely my favorite. I think each of their albums reminds me of some pretty good times in my life, depending on when I was listening to it the most. I can't really pin point why I love them so much, to be honest. I guess it's just everything. Lyrics to the songs, the sound of the songs, the guys in the band...it just all comes together and gives me something I can listen to and always love. Arizona is my favorite track from KoL, and the first song I heard by them. And Pickup Truck is a close second.

Very close seconds are Pendulum and The Mars Volta. Pendulum is the first dnb band I listened to and I loved it right away. I can't even pick a favorite album, lol. Though it saddens me that Immersion gets a lot of hate. Sure, it's different from their other albums, but it has THE ISLAND. Dawn and Dusk are great tracks! And moving on, The Mars Volta is a band I was afraid I'd dislike tbh. But the name "The Mars Volta" is just too cool to not give them a listen. And so I downloaded De-loused in the Comatorirum and good God, I believe my exact words were...something about ear sex, haha. I have no idea. But it was love at first listen. Favorite song...L'Via L'Viaquez and Inertiatic Esp probably. It's a really hard choice, ngl.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    i recommend everybody checking out cannibal corpse(or atleast looking at their lyrics)
    (im just trolling by the way. im bored)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    As a group: BIGBANG

Duo: Wisin & Yandel.

Solo artist: (I don't really have a favorite, but I've been listening to this one a lot) T.O.P

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
    Years
  • hmmmm,
    This is a very tough question, especially since I listen to a lot of different artists.
    But I'm just going to go ahead and say that.......

My favorite band is the Fall of Troy.

My favorite singer is Frank ocean.

My favorite producer is Skream.

My favorite rapper is Hodgy beats.

My favorite artist overall is definitely Tyler the Creator. Maybe you guy know who he is, but if you don't, look him up. He's an amazing rapper. And he produces his own beats.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    It's a tie between Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses, Explosions in the Sky and Rilo Kiley. I can't pick just one D:

Aerosmith has been my band since I was a little kid. My dad is into classic rock which he would always play around the house and in car rides, so naturally I became a big classic rock fan. My first Aerosmith song was Jaded :) My first ever concert was when I went to see Aerosmith for my 12th birthday. I only knew a handful of songs: Jaded, I don't Wanna Miss a Thing, Love in an Elevator, and Same Old Song and Dance yet it was so much fun. I've seen them three times now: 12th, 18th and 19th birthday. I finally got seats up near the front for my 19th <3 I also now know all their songs, own their whole discography and they amaze me. I will never not love and adore Aerosmith, they're my band for the long haul.

songs: eat the rich, what it takes, I don't wanna miss a thing, other side, walk on water, dream on, walk this way, back in the saddle.

As for Guns n' Roses, I got into them a couple years ago and this band still blows my mind. Slash is one of the best guitarists imo and I love that even going solo he can hold his own and still sell out shows and make records. I'm also a big fan of Izzy, Duff, and Steven, I think all these personalities and skills made the band a great one to listen to. And say what you want about Axl, even I'm not too keen on him, but he has a one of a kind voice.

songs: rocket queen, november rain, civil war, mr. brownstone.

Explosions and Rilo Kiley are my hipster bands that I more recently got into. Rilo Kiley has such great lyrics and I don't think I've heard a song by them that I didn't like. Explosions is purely instramental, and I love how each song lets you pick the meaning and it's so calming.

Explosions songs: your hand in mine, six days at the bottom of the ocean, human qualities, it's natural to be afraid.

Rilo Kiley songs: better son or daughter, portion for foxes, so long, 15, under the blacklight, the execution of all things, with arms outstretched, I never.

<3

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • As favorite band: Mayhem

Song: Pagan Fears

As favorite singer: Burzum

Song: Morgenrøde

As a favorite producer: Stock, Atiken & Watermann

Songs: You'll Never Stop Me from Loving You and This Time I Know it's For Real

As a favorite artist overall: Heino

Song:Blau Blüht Der Enzian

As a duo: Tatu

Song: Not Gonna Get Us

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Katy Perry is my favorite female singer.

Taio Cruz or Usher are my favorite male singers.

Years
  • My favourite band is Beach House. I first started listening to them last year, a little before Teen Dream came out. I really enjoyed their sound. With bands that I find that I really enjoy the sound of, I'll listen to their albums one by one from start to finish, and spend a good three to six months on each album before moving onto the next. All of their albums are amazing. All of their songs are amazing. I didn't get to see them live earlier this year at Laneway because I wasn't old enough (18 is the legal drinking age in Australia and the festival was 18+) and I was shattered.

Also, I really enjoy listening to Kristian Matsson or, as he's more commonly referred to, The Tallest Man On Earth. At first the voice was confronting, but soon it became addictive, and his songs are not only catchy but well-written lyrically. I'm heartbroken though - I was going to be in Vancouver when he comes to Australia in October so I didn't buy tickets for his concert and recently when I found out I'm not going to Vancouver I raced online to purchase tickets to find both shows had been sold out. Majorly disappointed.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • At the risk of sounding cliche, my favourite artist right now would be Lady Gaga. Being someone who's not heavily into music, the way I judge my favourite artist is by looking at my iTunes and seeing how many songs I have in there by respective artists. At the moment she and Lily Allen are tied at 8 songs each, though Lily Allen's songs are older and have lost a little of their effect on me. Gaga is still fresh and wonderful in my mind.

Back