• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your favorite Ghost-type Pokémon?

Who's your favorite Ghost-type Pokémon?

• #92 Gastly (Ghost/Poison)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #93 Haunter (Ghost/Poison)

• #105 Marowak (Fire/Ghost; Alola Form only)

• #200 Misdreavus (Ghost)

• #292 Shedinja (Bug/Ghost)

• #302 Sableye (Dark/Ghost; Dark/Ghost as Mega Sableye)

• #353 Shuppet (Ghost)

• #354 Banette (Ghost; Ghost as Mega Banette)

• #355 Duskull (Ghost)

• #356 Dusclops (Ghost)

• #425 Drifloon (Ghost/Flying)

• #426 Drifblim (Ghost/Flying)

• #429 Mismagius (Ghost)

• #442 Spiritomb (Ghost/Dark)

• #479 Rotom (Electric/Ghost; only when not possessing an appliance)

• #487 Giratina (Ghost/Dragon; in both Altered and Origin Formes)

• #563 Cofagrigus (Ghost)

• #592 Frillish (Water/Ghost)

• #593 Jellicent (Water/Ghost)

• #607 Litwick (Ghost/Fire)

• #608 Lampent (Ghost/Fire)

• #622 Golett (Ground/Ghost)

• #623 Golurk (Ground/Ghost)

• #679 Honedge (Steel/Ghost)

• #680 Doublade (Steel/Ghost)

• #681 Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)

• #708 Phantump (Ghost/Grass)

• #709 Trevenant (Ghost/Grass)

• #710 Pumpkaboo (Ghost/Grass)

• #711 Gourgeist (Ghost/Grass)

• #720 Hoopa (Psychic/Ghost; Confined Hoopa only)

• #741 Oricorio (Ghost/Flying; Sensu Style only)

• #769 Sandygast (Ghost/Ground)

• #770 Palossand (Ghost/Ground)

• #778 Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy)

• #781 Dhelmise (Ghost/Grass)

• #792 Lunala (Psychic/Ghost)

• #802 Marshadow (Fighting/Ghost)

• Total voters

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
  • There are 44 different Ghost-type Pokémon now with the addition of Generation VII (Alola). This includes pure Ghost-types and first and secondary Ghost-types (Mega Evolutions in this poll count as the Pokémon they evolved from and not a separate evolution).

I decided to make this poll one vote per person, although you can list more favorites (if you have more than one) in a comment if you wish.

I would have to say that Dusknoir is my favorite Ghost-type. His whole look is spooky and his Pokédex entries are even more frightening, saying that he can take people into the spirit world and can carry lost spirits inside his body. Dusknoir's move set is quite extensive too, with several punch moves and moves that can disable an opponent and/or inflict status conditions. A little Will-O-Wisp + Hex usually does the trick. Runner-ups to my favorite would be Chandelure, Misdreavus, Giratina, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Aegislash, Gengar and Golurk.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My favourite Ghost type is Gengar, no contest. But I also love Shedinja, Sableye, Dusclops, Drifblim, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Giratina, Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Chandelure, Aegislash, Trevenant, Decidueye, Palossand, Mimikyu, and Alola Marowak.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • A friend of mine traded me a Froslass back in high school and it instantly became my favorite battle Pokémon. Not only does she has a beautiful design, but she hits fast and hard! She's ultimately the reason Ice became my favorite Type (and why I fancied myself an Ice-Type Gym Leader for a while). I still adore her, but she's not on my team anymore because I've been thinking more realistically about Pokémon lately and I think it would weird me out to have a humanoid Pokémon IRL...

Misdreavus is a close second. I love its artwork from Morty's Misdreavus (VS Series). So cute! x3

MortyMisdreavusVS26.jpg

Years
  • I voted for Chandelure (who I believe I also voted on the Fire poll) since I feel its design fits its typing so perfectly. Other Ghost-types I love - Mismagius, Sableye, Alolan Marowak, Decidueye, Jellicent, Golurk, Palossand, Aegislash, Trevenant, Lunala, Marshadow, Mimikyu and Sensu Oricorio.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Lately I've been really liking ghost types! My classic favorite is Banette, but I gotta be honest she's not that great to use. As much as I don't like the fifth gen there are a few ghosts I really like from that gen as in Cofagrigus, Chandelure, and Golurk. This past gen I used Dhelmise and loved it and I'll be onto Mimikyu soon

Back