• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who's your favorite gym leader?

Favorite gym leader

• Total voters

Abyss★

=w=
Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    Cilan, by far. I just love him in the anime. Though Iris is great too, an unusual character.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Lenora - first mainstream African American person in the game, I like her concept and feel, I like that she's supposedly a hard Leader to face.

Burgh - Hate the new name but love the guy. A artsy New Yorkan, awesome.

Elesa - HOT!!! And great robotic model concept, still love that.

Skyla - I just like her English name though I'm liking her more now. She's cute.

Iris - Who doesn't love Iris? O_o

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    From not having played the game yet, my favourite gym leader is Lenora. Awesome name and she looks like a tough cookie too. :)

I don't really dislike any of them though, I probably have the least opinion on Drayden...could be because I'm getting White.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Elesa, Clay, and Skyla ftw. I love their teams, their gym type, and they seem to have the most unique set-ups of all the gym leaders.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Skyla. I'm not sure why other than the design, because her dialogue isn't that interesting tbh, whereas other gym leaders have much more interesting dialogue. Though I guess my second favourite is Iris, because she looks awesome and she's strong, only thing I don't like about her is her Pokemon lol.

Years
  • I liked Iris, she seemed to have a lot of character which is cool.

I also liked her gym set out the most so that probably influenced my decision slightly.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    My favorite Gym Leader is a tie between Elesa and Skyla. Both designs, strength and role in the games of the two characters are pretty interesting and I've noticed instead of just staying inside their gyms waiting for us to challenge them, they actually come out and take part in the plot. It's either figuring out a problem out of their own (or even being somewhat in the plot with Team Plasma, but in this case that was Clay), and I find that better than having them stay in their gym while you explore the town or city and level up to a decent level to challenge them at. This goes for most of the gyms in Unova and not only those two, however.

Elesa not only comes out of her gym to help Bianca's dad realize it is normal for a trainer to want to figure out what they can be in the future, but she also ends up meeting Alder, the Elite Champion and contacts Clay to open out the bridge to head on towards the next city. Little roles such as this for them aren't that big a deal, but it's still nice rather than to have being zipped through the game.

Overall, those two would be my favorites. Cilan is also pretty cool out of the trio from the first gym but I believe Elesa and Skyla give more of a challenge and plot throughout the city and town I've gone through, which is only to be expected since Cilan (or the other two, depending on the starter you choose) are only the first members of all eight gyms you challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My favourite is Lenora, although I'm not quite sure why. I like her design; I think she looks like she would be such a sassy person. XD; Her dialogue doesn't suggest such (actually her dialogue's kinda boring), but I like to think that she would be.

I also like Elesa, she's got one of the coolest Gym Leader designs in Unova and possibly in all the generations.

Eclaircise

The Forgotten Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    I would have to say Skyla..because she awesome in the anime and her gym is fun in the games and she deals with flying types which are my favorite types

iRoyBoy

Is the definition of yaoi
    Years
  • My personal favorite would have to be Chili. I like his firy go get em aditude, and I love his hair for some odd reason >3>.

My second favorite would have to be Iris just because she a tiny little girl that run the final gym...Who can't love that!

I'd have to say my least favorite is Burhg or Skyla. Burhg's sprite just...bugs me, I dunno why. And Skyla reminds me of a megaman rip off with her clothes. Her gloves especialy. That and I beat her gym with my Galvantula in three hits.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • My personal favorite would have to be Chili. I like his firy go get em aditude, and I love his hair for some odd reason >3>.

My second favorite would have to be Iris just because she a tiny little girl that run the final gym...Who can't love that!

I'd have to say my least favorite is Burhg or Skyla. Burhg's sprite just...bugs me, I dunno why. And Skyla reminds me of a megaman rip off with her clothes. Her gloves especialy. That and I beat her gym with my Galvantula in three hits.

I love Chili's hair for some reason too. XD
    My favorite would be Elesa. Her design was awesome, and I love her Emolga and Zebstrika. Her gym was so cool, with the mini-coasters and everything.
    Close second would be Skyla, I've liked her since the start before I even played Black or White. I like the cannons in her gym, though I got lost once. XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Kamitsure. :D

If only for her character design, together with the fact that I love electric types.

(Pardon the usage of her Japanese name.. I dunno her English name. Is it Elesa? o_O -going off the poll-)

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Elesa, Skyla, and the waiter trio are way up there on my list for obvious fanservicey reasons. : / Skyla and the waiter trio, providing fanservice with a ~smile~.

ALSO Clay for being a total badass during the plot.

Back