• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who's your favorite gym leader?

Favorite gym leader

• Total voters

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
  • I like Clay as my fave due his ownership of land as well as his influence towards the Unova region as a whole. Just looking at his operation going on in his gym implies wealth. Clay apparently owns Twist Mountain which I hated navigating but is cool in itself.

Also able to Sandstorm boost his Pokemon. Shame he has the ugly frog.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Iris! She's just so... hyper. Or seems like it, anyway. I haven't seen the anime at all, so I wouldn't know for sure. But she's cute. And Iris itself is a cool name. =D

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I have Black, so no Iris for me (Drayden ugh), but she's my favourite just because of her attitude. You see her many times in the game outside the gym, and she's always so adamant and cheerful. Naive, too.

Second would be Elesa. I didn't like Skyla too much.

pokegirlsam

Pokemon Breeder and Trainer <3
    Years
  • Elesa <3

Its gotta be Elesa aka Kamitsure :3 <3
    I love the way her gym is and how she act's and poses and the fact that she's a Model!

Second is Skyla love her name and design! ♥

Years
  • My fave Gym Leaders are Cilan, Chili & Cress (they're triplets). Also Elesa (she resembles Lady Gaga) and Iris (she's a traveling companion of Ash in the anime).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Also Elesa (she resembles Lady Gaga)

Oh jeez, you almost ruined my image of Elesa with that comparison.

My favorite is by far Elesa. She's got an awesome design, with those headphones and cables! She's an electric-type trainer, which is an A+ in my book.

Following her, Burgh and Skyla are pretty awesome as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • What gym leader after getting BW appeals most to you?

So after playing White I found myself liking Clay and the Ice gym leaders the most (and I didn't really pay attention to them before hand) you actually get to know these two better I feel than the rest of the gym leader (well Lenora is the same as we saw her a lot in this game)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Burgh, for he is a quite eccentric man. Not to mention that his outfit is also good.
    and Drayden for his supreme badass-epic-beard.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Clay...
    ...Is my least favorite. He pushes me and Cheren around and can be downright offensive.
    Brycen on the other hand, I liked. But he has an... interesting.... outfit for an ice type gym leader.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Clay...
    ...Is my least favorite. He pushes me and Cheren around and can be downright offensive.
    Brycen on the other hand, I liked. But he has an... interesting.... outfit for an ice type gym leader.
    Brycen's clothes reminded me of Candice's as they both don't look like they are good against the cold...actually most of the ice E4 and Gym leaders don't look like they are dressed to fight in the cold (except for Percy)

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
  • I agree + she is u know the first well girl in a while who has an attitude in the anime
    (looking back at all the girls thae all had an attitude) I <3 Iris :D Axew is mi favoriate any way!

blakeg

Lives to Game
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    Cilan Cress and Chili because the concept of their battle is somewhat original and their gym has an atcual puzzle (kinda) unlike the first gyms of the other games.

Aloe for having an interesting puzzle and being sort of difficuly without being a hindrance.

Artsy's gym was pretty strange but looked cool.

Generally I dont like the later gyms in pokemon games because by then im levels ahead and have no real difficulty.

SonGohan

ドラゴンボール
    Years
  • Elesa all the way because she uses my favorite type of Pokemon(electric) and also one I might be adding to my team(Emolga). Not to mention the fact that she is a model and I luvs me some models.

Fire Walker

The Wanderer
    Years
  • Clay. Epic type, epic name, epic gym, epic everything. He's also not too bad on the eyes... just kidding. He's gross. But I do love ground type.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    My favorite Gym Leader would be Iris. I love Dragon type Pokemon and Iris is adorable. :pink_nod:

Back